1.5.7 and beyond

Users who are viewing this thread

I kind of try to stay out of the Class System discussions, since we're like 7 years too far into the development cycle to do anything about it now, but the biggest glaring flaw with it is how many Perk combinations are just "wrong".
It makes Captain mode especially rough for newbies when they don't realize there's actually only 2 combinations per class that are not "wrong", and 2-3 combinations per class that actually make you instantly lose the match in some cases. Its been that way since EA launched.
The Warband-style equip system certainly allowed you to make suboptimal loadouts, but at least it was your fault then and there was an obvious benefit to the flexibility.
I always do find it funny when people take warriors with anything but 2h axe and improved armor.

Captain Mode
We are aware that AI is struggling sometimes with Throwing Weapons, we are looking into the issue
This is still very much an issue, fwiw.
It takes a very long time for a throwing troop to actually commit to a throw, and they don't seem to be able to lead moving targets effectively.

I'm also not sure they take elevation differences into account when throwing, they almost always throw much too short at targets above them and throw long at targets below them. It is so consistent I don't think it is just an issue of accuracy, I don't think they are calculating the arc correctly with the difference in elevation. I'll grab some screens to illustrate when I can, its most noticeable on the two maps with extreme hills.

You're gonna make weapon switching slower than it already is? Just do what needs to be done and nerf ranged damage all together, that way if someone backs up and pulls out a crossbow they can't just 1 tap you with their awp.

they have to do something about two handed weapons.. its just to overpowered , more reach , about the same strike cadency as the one handed weapons and axes , and just one hit on.e kill , its a swinging axe party every multiplayer match

they have to do something about two handed weapons.. its just to overpowered , more reach , about the same strike cadency as the one handed weapons and axes , and just one hit on.e kill , its a swinging axe party every multiplayer match
sounds to me like you haven't heard of our friend, shield

Must separate the different modes. It will never be balanced otherwise. Like playing different board games only with the chess rules and pieces.

Hi all,

As you all know, 1.5.7 is out. Even though it solves many problems we wanted to solve some issues still remain and I wanted go over some of them.

Crossbows
Crossbows are going to have further changes. The confirmed ones are increasing inaccuracy when jumping and increasing inaccuracy when making a sharp turn which involves the feet to reposition.
The remaining problems we want fix are crossbows being too effective at very close range and being able to switch between weapons and getting ready to fire too fast. There are multiple ways we are discussing to handle these issues and they will be taken care of in an immediate patch.

Cavalry
Cavalry stats have been reduced to lower the dominance of cavalry on the battlefield, but this creates the issue of them being weaker to everything rather than mostly spears, pikes and lances. The main problem is ranged troops being a bit too effective against Cavalry at the moment. We are testing some solutions to remedy this issue in an immediate patch.

Heavy Infantry
We expect the changes mentioned above to make Heavy Infantry much more relevant, especially against cavalry, and have some other plans to improve their melee ability further.

Skirmishers
There is some concern about Skirmishers being too strong this patch. We will closely monitor the situation and make adjustments as required.

Captain Mode
AI effectiveness for all range troops have been increased. If the result is still not enough following analytics and feedback we are looking forward to making further changes. We are aware that AI is struggling sometimes with Throwing Weapons, we are looking into the issue. Slowing Down bug is also on a Critical Level to be fixed.
There have been improvements to AI weapon selection and we are looking forward to your feedback. We are also starting to work on AI 'abuse' fixes and there are further AI improvements planned.

Balance changes that involve altering numbers or perks are much easier to finalize and hotfix into the live branch, as we have been doing frequently lately. However, combat mechanics related changes take longer to implement, test and finalize as they affect single player as well. That is why we are asking for more of your patience as we sort those out.

Let's not forget that this is a game still in development and we will keep listening to the community and making changes until both the players and developers are happy with the result. Feel free to bring up any other issues you want discussed in this thread, in a civil manner of course :smile:

Cheers.

edit: Also some server crashes are happening, we are looking into it.
servers crashes still happening - once vibrant community disserting in droves

Hi all,

As you all know, 1.5.7 is out. Even though it solves many problems we wanted to solve some issues still remain and I wanted go over some of them.

Crossbows
Crossbows are going to have further changes. The confirmed ones are increasing inaccuracy when jumping and increasing inaccuracy when making a sharp turn which involves the feet to reposition.
The remaining problems we want fix are crossbows being too effective at very close range and being able to switch between weapons and getting ready to fire too fast. There are multiple ways we are discussing to handle these issues and they will be taken care of in an immediate patch.

Cavalry
Cavalry stats have been reduced to lower the dominance of cavalry on the battlefield, but this creates the issue of them being weaker to everything rather than mostly spears, pikes and lances. The main problem is ranged troops being a bit too effective against Cavalry at the moment. We are testing some solutions to remedy this issue in an immediate patch.

Heavy Infantry
We expect the changes mentioned above to make Heavy Infantry much more relevant, especially against cavalry, and have some other plans to improve their melee ability further.

Skirmishers
There is some concern about Skirmishers being too strong this patch. We will closely monitor the situation and make adjustments as required.

Captain Mode
AI effectiveness for all range troops have been increased. If the result is still not enough following analytics and feedback we are looking forward to making further changes. We are aware that AI is struggling sometimes with Throwing Weapons, we are looking into the issue. Slowing Down bug is also on a Critical Level to be fixed.
There have been improvements to AI weapon selection and we are looking forward to your feedback. We are also starting to work on AI 'abuse' fixes and there are further AI improvements planned.

Balance changes that involve altering numbers or perks are much easier to finalize and hotfix into the live branch, as we have been doing frequently lately. However, combat mechanics related changes take longer to implement, test and finalize as they affect single player as well. That is why we are asking for more of your patience as we sort those out.

Let's not forget that this is a game still in development and we will keep listening to the community and making changes until both the players and developers are happy with the result. Feel free to bring up any other issues you want discussed in this thread, in a civil manner of course :smile:

Cheers.

edit: Also some server crashes are happening, we are looking into it.
Thank you for working on this. I must say I have quietly watched in awe as your development team has made the AI leaps and bounds better!

I have played 1,500 hours of this game, most of which are in multiplayer, and have been in and out of the Captains League community.

I think you have made great improvements and look forward to where you take this game next.

(F1F5) for achers is wonderful now, all units seem to be more accurate.. its all good in my opinion.

Keep it up!

Back
Top Bottom