1.5.1 - Cavarly is pretty weak while archers are still the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, I was getting different results before the hotfix, but it was probably related to I changed a parameter in the game that I did not remember. Now even with my mod to increase the AI shield wall distance and to nerf palatine guard One Handed and Bow skills, they are still wrecking everything. Not sure what has exactly changed.

Well, time to leave the game for a time until TW balance the game.

Just an question OP ...Why dont you have ordered your cav to charge with an shield wall when going against archers ? Just an tip to you for future game play.

The only problem i have with Cav now is that they do such long runs outside before they recharge of which was an result of people complaining of em engaging to much and got killed. Which was the case of suicide cavs of which they still do but less. That thing was an legit fix that had to be done, but still now they just charge then go outside and are no good for nothing for some time, when they really are needed. -When controlled by AI that is- ( and dont forget about their constant blocking you in the middle when you're trying to hit someone as theres a lot of other targets around. But well they saved my life couple of times to so idk i have mixed feelings on that one ^^

Personally when youre playing as Khuzaits its no problem since you get money so fast and horse archers easy anyways. I didnt have problems with Vladians as well when playing as an Cav commander but idk perhaps the archers need some slight debuff but still idk as i said i didnt had problems with my big group of horseys against a lot of archers in my past battle experiences playing as Vladian cav only on highest difficulty settings so im not sure if i can share this statement.

As ive said in the past...Testing grounds without the right tactic doesnt show the real potential of what youre presenting as been shown once with Battanian Higborns against peasants charging at them...and the peasants won ( or was it t1 empire troops cant member was to long ago) one sec let me check

here we go...
A guy challenged it as possible but i had to show him that it was not in the testing area.(when we where discussing if these test showcases are an legit way to showcase balance)... and even if i knew that the Battanian Heroes would have beaten those in real combat (as he said) with the right tactics but here they where not....Ive seen em pulling off much worse stuff then this so i knew what he was talking about. But still when we where in this discussion just showing it like this, doesnt prove that they are bad so to speak...just saying and you might be right

Last edited:
Do you remember that hot fix that allowed cavalry to kill with one stab? Result of a movie night where cavs were raiding villages. You know why cavs became weak in this patch? Another movie night. Probably one where angry villagers united against the raiders.
They still kill me with one stab at times..quite often when they get the chance now to think of it...However i think its fair since i can to

Last edited:
1.5.3 - The issues I have been complaining about since a lot of days ago have been finally fixed. Archers are not broken as before and heavy cavalry is now working as it should. Thank you very much TW!!!!! <3

Good moment to start a new campaign.

1.5.3 - The issues I have been complaining about since a lot of days ago have been finally fixed. Archers are not broken as before and heavy cavalry is now working as it should. Thank you very much TW!!!!! <3

I'm glad you're seeing some improvement, I haven't noticed a change in archer though. I've only fought the khuzait though so maybe when I fight other factions I'll see.

I'm glad you're seeing some improvement, I haven't noticed a change in archer though. I've only fought the khuzait though so maybe when I fight other factions I'll see.

For the moment I have just tested palatine guard in the same battle I have been testing before and everything looks right now. I have not tested other archers units tough but 1.5.3 is looking pretty promising.

Can you give more details on how heavy cav was fixed? Thanks!

Well, heavy cav hits now more often and testing 50 banner knights I can see how they are able to win against 180 army like happening before 1.5.0.

Back
Top Bottom