In Progress 1.5.1 beta - parties no longer recruiting while in Army

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.1
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Between yesterday (9/1) and today (9/2) NPC-led parties have stopped auto-recruiting when I am leading them in an Army and I take them in to settlements and villages.
How to Reproduce: Form an Army with NPC-led parties and walk in to a village or settlement.
Quest/Settlement Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video): N/A
Mods installed: None

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier.
Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Got the file and forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

1.5.0 was bugged like hell and made it to stable, now it's 1.5.1 that was horrible and was rushed into the stable too (this issue, but also notables vanishing and constant loose of power, kingdom starting 4 wars at the same time even if stated it can't happen anymore).
This new version have only a bunch of new features and already bugged, i hope this time they will take time to fix the mess ..?

Same thing in the stable now, makes me not want to play the game now.
Yeah it made me stop playing on one campaign and start over (because you can’t call armies early on).

The good news is dev Mexxico replied on another thread that the problem was found and would be fixed in the next hotfix.

I just saw 1.5.2 dropped and maybe it is in there and if not then hopefully soon.

Yeah it made me stop playing on one campaign and start over (because you can’t call armies early on).

The good news is dev Mexxico replied on another thread that the problem was found and would be fixed in the next hotfix.

I just saw 1.5.2 dropped and maybe it is in there and if not then hopefully soon.
I'm hoping it's a 1.5.1 hotfix. Armies are trying to recruit but they can't so they get stuck. They will stay in towns for long periods of time or continually interact with villages. There doesn't seem to be much going on because all the armies are getting stuck trying to recruit.

I'm hoping it's a 1.5.1 hotfix. Armies are trying to recruit but they can't so they get stuck. They will stay in towns for long periods of time or continually interact with villages. There doesn't seem to be much going on because all the armies are getting stuck trying to recruit.
You are seeing an issue with AI led armies too?

That’s crazy the issue I reported was only for player led armies. I hadn’t seen AI armies affected, but that would be just as bad or worse.

You are seeing an issue with AI led armies too?

That’s crazy the issue I reported was only for player led armies. I hadn’t seen AI armies affected, but that would be just as bad or worse.
Yep. Witnessed a Vlandian army trying to recruit from a village. Only when another party came and recruited them all did the army move on. It then proceeded to Sargot where it stayed for quite a while. Don't know how long it would have stayed as I quit the game.

So I waited to see how long the army would stay in Sargot. Luckily it wasn't that long. I'm guessing it ran out of cohesion as the army disbanded.

Last edited:
They removed a class of the action namespace a few patch ago i think it was 1.5.0, and it was related to recruiting. I had a mod using it to do some recruitment and was surprised it was broken cause of a class that just vanished from the game. The worst was i had to simply abandon the mod cause they didn't put anything to replace it properly.

So did they changed the logic in the normal AI but forgot in the army AI? wouldn't be surprised.

I am experiencing the same issue, parties in my army will not recruit.
The only time i can get them to recruit while im in an army is if im in a major settlement/city and i "wait here for some time", they will then recruit occasionally while i wait, but in no other instance can i get them to recruit.
I attempted disbanding the parties completely and remaking them, still didnt correct issue.

I am experiencing the same issue, parties in my army will not recruit.
The only time i can get them to recruit while im in an army is if im in a major settlement/city and i "wait here for some time", they will then recruit occasionally while i wait, but in no other instance can i get them to recruit.
I attempted disbanding the parties completely and remaking them, still didnt correct issue.

Yeah, I’ve tested all the stuff and I can’t get them to recruit either. Waiting in a settlement they will recruit a few units.

I’ve started a new game and am playing as a mercenary while we wait on the fix.

dev Mexxico said the problem had been identified and would be in the next hotfix. I’d link the post but I’m on my mobile.

lEGRi.png

They removed a class of the action namespace a few patch ago i think it was 1.5.0, and it was related to recruiting. I had a mod using it to do some recruitment and was surprised it was broken cause of a class that just vanished from the game. The worst was i had to simply abandon the mod cause they didn't put anything to replace it properly.

So did they changed the logic in the normal AI but forgot in the army AI? wouldn't be surprised.
I've noticed they have changed how armies are created in 1.5.1 even though it isn't mentioned in the notes. Before only clan leaders could summon armies. Now any clan member can summon one. They must have gone ****ed up somewhere with it.

I don't think there was a hotfix yet, but it seems to have been fixed? I'm not sure what the issue was where it wasn't working.

Back
Top Bottom