[1.4] I can´t beat the KI anymore, fieldbattles are getting harder and harder

Users who are viewing this thread

Hammerhi99

Veteran
Before 1.4, field battles often went too easy but now it´s exactly the opposite. Either enemy armies come with massive amounts of Cav and mounted archers, simply crushing my lines or they are lurking around their spawn (even when they outnumber you) and simply won´t come to you.

Trying them to trigger doesn´t work anymore like before, so i close in with my army. But at the moment i´m far away from my own spawn, hell breaks lose and i get overrun again. Try to order your army when swarmed by enemy cav is just no fun at all and every stupid peasent can onehit your horse at any time. Enemy armies also seem to have ernourmos moral, they don´t flee anymore. Battles where you struggle for almost 20 minutes and do solala can "end" in seconds because a single javelin can kill you and by that moment your army is f*cked up finally.

I have SUCH a hard time the last days, especially in encounters with khuzaid and azerei (but even battanian armies come with unbelievable masses of Cav down on my troops). Also my archers seem to do NOTHING anymore.

Ride a mount up to enemy army out of enemy arrow range. with any bow target about a inch above the enemy forces fire arrows after killing a few troops this way the enemy army will start marching. From start of a game to the end I only put archers and horse archers in my personal troops. 1 companion has a mix of cav and foot troops, rest of my companions have w/e troops in them they recruit or I dump in them. I have no issue beating armies of 1200+ (on the map, not in a siege) with my army of 563. No matter the make up of the enemy force.
check your troop settings. you may have "fire at will" turned off. If this is the case your archers will just stand there till something gets close and they draw their sword.

Back
Top Bottom