1.4.3 Financial/snowballing feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi guys, this is my last campaign results:

After the Hotfix (1.4.3) caravans are now back to make actual money. Depending on various (logic and correct in my opinion) factors one of my caravans goes from 150 up to 500/600 in average (1575 top,they got into a city just conquered by the enemy).

Of course for a little while after creation the caravan will actually loose up to 2000 (they are buying things).

Factors which will influence a caravan are wars (caravans will sell at higher prizes to towns that either have been just captured/have their bound villages raided, but, when coming back from those towns they won't have anything to sell and they will look like they are "down" cause they have to restock)

Second, they spent a lot of time running back and forward because chased by enemy parties/bandits (again an area when there is heavily war will be filled with looters and a Faction at war will have more bandits roaming around cause all their Lords/parties are used in armies).

Workshops are still too down...even in the "right town" and with 2 villages bounded to that town producing the right raw material, I didn't have the workshop pass 150 average... 1 bound village, +76 (weird enough 76 seems to be the normal number for workshops...)

So, numbers are still not enough to "easily" manage a new born kingdom..with 1 town, 4 castles + 4 parties (mine at 220+ troops) + 5 Workshops and 5 Caravans it is always hard to avoid going under (besides I couldn't find 1 single companion/family member good as governor...and out of the entire list I got only 2 "trading companions". So I had to reduce garrisons/have them made by lower level units...(I created a full "battanian brute" character, I am not sure but I think character creations affects the type of wanderers, right?)

As for "snowball", it was good for a while. but with less of 1 year of peace (I mean the entire continent at peace) and the central factions always at war with at least 3 factions + Battania king keeping declaring war to a new enemy even if he is already loosing the war vs. 2 different factions (Caladog is always suicidal). Aserai and Kutzay are expanding too much and too fast.

Last point (again) Vassals...ok they like me and accept to join me but...all I have is never enough, I mean the barter bar get filled up to 1/8 with 300K + horses, weapons and everything else...so...still all alone...

Conclusion:
The first part of the campaign up to be a Mercenary is now really enjoyable and with a bit of crafting not really problematic from a financial point of view.

As a vassal things are less good, cause your King will try to kill himself by declaring war for no reasons, getting surrounded by enemies, and having no focus at all on what he is doing (maybe scripting AI Kings to NOT declare war if already at war?).

Besides wars will mean more looters and bandits around, so caravans will make less money, it will be nice to always have some part of the map in peace...(BTW, once taken prisoners and then released, my caravan's companions will result "waiting somewhere", but then when I will go in that town to get them, they will move around...I always need to follow them 3 times before find them in the last given town. Now this is already annoying in the mercenary/vassal phase, but, as a King I really have no time to do that...can they just teleport to the closer FIEF I own?)

ex. Last campaign I was managing to have +30/50 income with the mentioned set up, then 4 caravans got taken, and by the time I got to all my companions (I did rebuild immediately the caravan in the city in which I found them) I lost 400k. As King I don't really have much time to trade/craft stuff either, besides doesn't really make that much sense. And sure, I could have "start my kingdom" later, so to have more savings, but...10 years....

As a new King, the player will have to deal with a constant financial crisis and the vassals/mercenary recruitment problem...so kind of bad at the moment... (I think taxes from fiefs should be increased, I mean, what's the point on having 400 garrison capability if I won't be able to pay for 100? Of course, lower wages will do too...

Last thing...relationship with nobles...I cannot really figure this out...getting to + 10 for me is still a huge success, maybe a bit too complicated? Oh BTW suggestions about how to do that will be very appreciated.

Thanks guys fantastic game and every patch/hotfix is always getting better and better! Fantastic Job!

Caravans are ok, you can get your money back in 70-80 days and then continue getting passive income some extra days which is good. The problem is if your caravans are close Khuzaits and get killed in a few days. Plus I think that caravans are too expensive currently, taking into account they are probably the riskiest investment in the game. They should cost a bit less money IMO.

Workshops are working ok, but not all of them. Some tips I can give you about workshops:

- Jaculan - Wool Wavery: 150-200 daily.
- Jaculan - Olive Press: 100- 170 daily.
- Pravend - Brewery: 80 - 120 daily.
- Tyal - Wool Wavery: 150-200 daily.
- Marunath/Seonon - Smithy: 70 - 120 daily.

Wool Wevery, Brewery and also Silvermisth are the workshops which are working well (I have not tried Silversmiths yet, but I have read that they are making a good profit).

Concerning snowballing, it is much better after the first 1.4.3 hotfix but Khuzaits are still insanely OP in campaign. Part of the problem is that WE, SE, NE and Sturgia are at war against too many enemies and rarely ask for peace (especially Sturgia and NE).

I think the snowballing's gone. Snowballing also is if one or few faction rapidly get so large that they can't be stopped anymore. Factions getting somewhat bigger and ever 1 faction getting snuffed isn't really snowballing. The Khuziat are strong but I find 1 good beat down puts them back in line with the other factions. In 4 games of 1.4.3 they had their territory intruded into by multiple factions after my basic Khuzait control routine. This is a big change from older versions where only outright executing them would really slow them down.

While the current situation is much better, snowballing is still there, mostly because factions refuse to ask for peace when they are fighting 3,4 or 5 wars at the same time and getting wrecked. I have even seen a faction figthing two wars and losing, but still this faction declares a new war against another kingdom. Once this gets fixed, the snowballing will be totally gone.

Khuzaits are still dominating in every campaign I play, they manage to get tons of settlements in the first 200 days but it is mostly due to NE and Sturgia going to war against too many factions, so Kuzhatis have an easy time getting their fiefs.

yeah Dabos precisely the same thing that happened to my last campaign. And yes again Khuzaits and Aserai mostly are the bigger guys. I do think it is just a matter of "location", considering they cannot be physically surrounded, sure that should be true for Sturgia and Vlandia too..but...it is still a factor none of the less.

Hi, what you all write is interesting, but for domination of Khuzait and Aserai is probably their location, they are both pack together. In my plays the reaction of WE, NE and sturgia is too slow.

For caravans: as Khuzait mercenery/vassal if i go to outside khuzait cities and buy 22,5K caravan, only minor faction hunt them (mostly karagerith.... or something, and only 1 caravan per 2 years), so just hunt them first.

And workshops are like gold mines, just 5 tanneries in Khuzaits main cities and you are set for life ( one w. 250-550, five w. 1800-2500).
In end i dont need to look for money ( 2years 2M) and just try balance all kingdoms and enjoy the game.

Hi, what you all write is interesting, but for domination of Khuzait and Aserai is probably their location, they are both pack together. In my plays the reaction of WE, NE and sturgia is too slow.

For caravans: as Khuzait mercenery/vassal if i go to outside khuzait cities and buy 22,5K caravan, only minor faction hunt them (mostly karagerith.... or something, and only 1 caravan per 2 years), so just hunt them first.

And workshops are like gold mines, just 5 tanneries in Khuzaits main cities and you are set for life ( one w. 250-550, five w. 1800-2500).
In end i dont need to look for money ( 2years 2M) and just try balance all kingdoms and enjoy the game.
Are you on 1.4.3? I mean, I've never seen such income in the Beta...here my situation:

And here the workshops:

Note. For the workshops, I always make sure they have at least 1 village producing the raw materials. Chaikand actually has 2 villages producing grain.

PS. in 1.4.2 Chainkand would have been well above 270)

UPDATE. Ok, Carvans, income and how long they survive before getting capture...well Pazhel's caravan was making very low because I had to rescue him and re-do the caravan, well, he got already attacked and captured. I am not at war with anybody...so...what DEVS say recently is not 100% accurate...22500 gold caravans can be, and actually are very often, captured very soon, becoming a huge waste of money, moreover, with all the buggy process to find the companion and make a new caravan, the whole thing is quite annoying. Anyway, how you can see in my fist screenshot, doesn't really matter, the thing isn't working in my opinion is the fact that towns and castles cannot be self-sufficient in managing their own garrisons...so in the end the Kingdom phase of the game (at least for me) isn't worthy playing.

PS. My original post in here is from Saturday...I didn't play the game, so today answers are on the same save...

UPDATE after the Hotfix:

Workshops are still a bit too low maybe, but fully working (something around 100/150 in average).

Caravans work really fine.

As long as you don't push too much (meaning you remain under 100/150 garrison) managing Castles and Towns is perfectly doable.

Lords will join my kingdom without too much problems, and they stay. Mercenary will eventually leave you but they staid for a certain time (I had just 1 so, not 100% sure)

Lords requests when joining you, are reasonable in my mind ex:

1 castle, 374K, Clan Tier 3, but, the war was just started and it was the 1st one I hired

Tier 5 Clan with no FIEFS, 37K

Tier 5 with 1 City, 167k

Both Tier 5 were hired later on in the war, so much so, after they switched their Kingdom break down (I am a NON-Imperial Kingdom, and they were both imperial factions, I am following the main quest line, and a kept the Banner for myself)

Last point (again) Vassals...ok they like me and accept to join me but...all I have is never enough, I mean the barter bar get filled up to 1/8 with 300K + horses, weapons and everything else...so...still all alone...

You should find lords without settlements to recruit them cheaper. If you cannot recruit a freindly / neutral lord without settlements with a reasonable price even you have no other clans yet in your kingdom please mail me ([email protected]) your savegame. I need to examine if there is any bug.

Edit : By the way I see your latest update new. So seems there is no problem currently. Anyway if you see any weird situation you can send me your save game for detailed examination.

You should find lords without settlements to recruit them cheaper. If you cannot recruit a freindly / neutral lord without settlements with a reasonable price even you have no other clans yet in your kingdom please mail me ([email protected]) your savegame. I need to examine if there is any bug.

Edit : By the way I see your latest update new. So seems there is no problem currently. Anyway if you see any weird situation you can send me your save game for detailed examination.

I am sending you my actual save game. I might have found a bug for Battania. Caladog always declares wars to anybody. Well, you'll see he has no more FIEFS, and a few days ago he was at 2000 strenght, yet is back up again. I mean, maybe it is not the issue. But with the Imperial factions, the more I was winning the less they had as "strenght value"...Battania is litterally wiped out, the value was decreasing, and boom...back up again. Talking about peace deal, normally it start with me paying them, then is no tribute, and if I am super winning gets to them paying me. Look in the save, they have nothing and still i "should pay a lot in tribute" to make peace. So I think the game doesn't register correctly Battania datas, and probably that's why Caladog is so aggressive

UPDATE: Battania has only mercenary clans (how can even afford them?) And even if I am taking prisoner all of them, Battania numbers are still growing, so much so, now I should pay the "double" to make peace. In reality, they are going around with very little parties attacking villages and caravans, getting defeated each time anyone attack them (they are at war with everybody as usual), Imperial factions with a waaay better situation just surrendered instead

Caravans are making a ton, I already have a video no Youtube showing how to do this, my 7 caravans are getting me around 6,000-8,000 a day on a normal day. And that is their numbers only, no workshops or my wages counted, they make money if done right.

Back
Top Bottom