Resolved 1.4.2e - "Missing daughter" quest adds permanent "Wanderer" character entry to Encyclopedia

Users who are viewing this thread

A small thing, but it can quickly result in Encyclopedia bloat if the player aggressively pursues notable quests:

The "Missing daughter" quest should remove the "wanderer daughter" character (and the Encyclopedia entry of them) from the game if the player managed to successfully persuade the character to return to the quest giver, or kills the "gang leader" male character which concludes the quest in the same way.

The only reason for the "missing daughter" to remain in the "Wanderer" listing is only if the player takes a specific quest path that results in the NPC becoming a genuine party member "wanderer" character.

Also, because of the limitation in naming dictionary, retention of the "temporary" female NPC that did NOT become a permanent party member can quickly lead to several characters with the same name listed in Encyclopedia.

This bug makes those "duplicated wanderers" also be recruitable ableit with 0 skills and attributes.
Might be a bigger issue if the dupes take slots of genuine wanderers waiting to be spawned

Forwarding this issue to the QA team for further investigation. Thanks for reporting. In the meantime, can you share your save files? You can use a cloud service and post an open link on this thread.

This bug is in the game for a long time, though I only had it with Missing daughter quest. In the end I stopped doing it completely because of the army of useless wanderers it spawned. Here, my whole save list.

Back
Top Bottom