Hero wanderers - bugs, more of them and better stat balance

Users who are viewing this thread

Summary:
1. There is way too few wanderers there, also a lot more should be added over time. Wandering around 30 different cities over a year, and all I get is a choice of 20 wanderers? There is already a limit on recruitable companions -_- so what's the harm in adding more choice?

2. Wanderer encyclopedia: Whenever you do the "daughter kidnapped" quest, that daughter gets added to the encyclopedia. If she does NOT become a recruitable character, I suggest disabling her being added, as it makes it hard to navigate and check the wanderers on it.

3. Wanderer stats are BONKERS: Skills are balanced yes, but the attributes are not. It is possible to have a "shieldmaiden" with SOCIAL 5!

Guess what - generic companion 0 skill VIG 7 companion will quickly catch up with a Shieldmaiden 100 skill VIG 4, as soon as you dump skill focus on it.
But the MAX stat is determined by the attribute...so it'll take 12 levels just to get a VIG 4 shieldmaiden to have the same max: But she is usually also a higher level than a generic low-skill one.

---> attributes can be random, sure...but the overall stinginess of the current version (too low attribute scores) makes THIS problem much much worse.
So yes, I'd rather have a lvl 9 skill 0 VIG 7 warrior companion (+1 at lvl 8 and lvl 12!!), than a lvl 14 skill 130 VIG 4 one.

Also, more wanderers please?

Version: e1.4.1 hotfix 05/06/20
Installed community-made modifications: none
Computer Specs
: Acer Predator Helios 300
GPU: GeForce RTX 2060
CPU: intel core i7 9th gen
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: ?
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Last edited:
Back