1.2 beta. Smithing progress to fast?

Users who are viewing this thread

Gadheras

Squire
There is something wonky with the smithing system in 1.2 beta. You unlock parts to fast, at least compared with before. Example; I unlocked all parts in 2h swords without smith anything better than swords using iron at best and in matter of a few ingame days at most with like 4 characters.

There is something wonky with the smithing system in 1.2 beta. You unlock parts to fast, at least compared with before. Example; I unlocked all parts in 2h swords without smith anything better than swords using iron at best and in matter of a few ingame days at most with like 4 characters.
Mixed bag, I have smelted thousands of items and have maybe just the level 2 1H swords parts in contrast polearm, 2H Axe, and 2H sword unlock rediculously fast, while daggers, 1h axe, 1h sword, 2h blunt all unlock dreadfully slow.

Mixed bag, I have smelted thousands of items and have maybe just the level 2 1H swords parts in contrast polearm, 2H Axe, and 2H sword unlock rediculously fast, while daggers, 1h axe, 1h sword, 2h blunt all unlock dreadfully slow.

For daggers and axes best result is to buy them from market and break down until you can get to tier 2 parts, then smith and break down your own afaik. Same with maces.

It took me literally game years to unlock all 1h swords before. 2h gives more xp so it's faster and there are less variants but it's not fun to spend years sitting in town even if using smithing plus for batch production. It's a pain in fact. If they indeed sped up the process it's a welcome change. If not. I'd tell you to go unlock 1h swords and come back

Unlocking seems to be faster now generally. It looks like the curve has changed. It's still slow to get started in most weapons but as soon as you unlock good parts it accelerates rapidly. Javs are insanely fast as are 2H swords after getting T2 parts. 2H axes, otoh, are hard to bootstrap from starting parts and you need to buy and smelt axes to get going. Overall, I like it.

I like the new faster unlocks. I'm going to unlock the parts I need eventually, why not just get it out of the way sooner. I hope they keep this change.

Good, current system is cancer, wait in town for years speed clicking in the highly unfun smiting menu for hours so you can have enough materials to build a few swords. It's the worst smiting system of any game I have ever played, it's just a time wasting click fest.
So if it's to fast now, great, what's the problem?

Good, current system is cancer, wait in town for years speed clicking in the highly unfun smiting menu for hours so you can have enough materials to build a few swords. It's the worst smiting system of any game I have ever played, it's just a time wasting click fest.
So if it's to fast now, great, what's the problem?

Value of weapons you smith is now locked to the prefix of the weapons. So even you have the most superior recipe (whatever). It doesn't matter unless you have a good smith that can bang out a masterwork, legendary etc. Because a rusty or dull blade, doesn't bring in the big bucks.. So faster unlock of parts doesn't really make you progress fast to make big money from smithing. -)

Back
Top Bottom