1.2.7 Battle initial deployment distance is too long sometimes (400/500+ feet/meter?)

Users who are viewing this thread

when enter battle, two army initially deploy distance is too long, sometimes over 400+ / 500+ /600+ feet/meters???

then I have to travel all the way to the other side of map to attack enemy
wait for my infantry to walk slowly to the target location

What's the point of deployment troops like that?

simulating in real battle enemy refuse to fight and hide away from you?

From a histroical stand point (yes i know this game ist 100% realistic) you wouldnt want to set up your men within enemy engagement range. most historic feild battles (sieges differ) this was the case. (Agincourt the french had to march to the english lines and the english long bows werent in range untill the french did start to aproach)

it also gives you time to move men about if needed if say you find a better spot than where your men spawn.

For why the enemy runs away it occurs if they are the defender and mostly when outnumbered and its usually the AI moving to a hill or better postion to defend due to being out numbered (a hill allows there archers to shoot your men longer due to being able to loose arrows futher than you can) a hill also makes a cavarly charge not as effective due to the horses being slowed on a hill

The main issue I have with this is that it has a huge effect on reinforcements. If the enemy runs and hides, then I must go and engage him 500 units away. Then my reinforcements must march that same distance while the enemy reinforcements will spawn right next to the battle.

The whole reinforcement system seems rather unintuitive and frequently inequitable if you don’t know how to game it.

when enter battle, two army initially deploy distance is too long, sometimes over 400+ / 500+ /600+ feet/meters???

then I have to travel all the way to the other side of map to attack enemy
wait for my infantry to walk slowly to the target location

What's the point of deployment troops like that?

simulating in real battle enemy refuse to fight and hide away from you?
It’s to make it more like battle simulation I feel and I love and hate this feature in ways but I see why it’s in the game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom