1.105 patch killed my framerate

Users who are viewing this thread

gumby7

Recruit
Hi,

I bought Warband at v1.104 and I'm 60 days into my single player. All of my graphics were maxed out during that time and I've had a very smooth game with the battle size at 150. Immediately following my installation of the 1.105 patch, my world map never has f/s faster than 10 and my battles' f/s are never fast than 5. There is no doubt this is due to the patch.

Also, when I play 64 player MP with max settings, it still runs very smoothly.

I'd appreciate any help.

I have the same problem, no problems with framrate before but now its really laggy in battles larger than 20...its almost impossible to fight a large army like this...

it seams as it gets worse after playing more than 15 min...maybe a memory leak?

I run on all-low settings (Well, except for texture detail and character models, they are on high) and I run about 15-20 fps at world. Try turning down your settings a bit.

yes I can do that, but it wasn't a problem before 1.05...so it feels a bit a downgrade, is it a known problem?

It sounds like a problem with some non-graphic processes bottlenecking the processor and in turn causing the slow down.

I didn't install 1.05 as of yet, I'm still on 1.04 (yay, I risked 1.04 and there aren't any 'weird colours' bugs!  :cool:).

What I can say, 2-3 out of each 20-30 battles, no matter number of troops, can become very laggy if the troop AI (most likely of enemy troops) starts spamming different orders at you and your troops. Usually, under certain army roster settings in difficult terrain, tight passages create some kind of 'pathfinding' or 'AI' lag. Sometimes it happens even in flat desert or grassland.

Either way, it's hard to reproduce and semi-random.

But, it's not lag associated with graphics, believe it or not. There are thousand ways to reduce your number of frames per second besides graphics.

seems like that could be it, the lag "feels" more like a processor lag rather than a graphics-lag. its more slow than choppy which processors often do when they can't cope...similiar to when there is to much particle effects.

but I don't know how to fix it, it doesn't matter if I make the AI "dumber", its still the same. I don't know what ahppens if I rise to max though, I may try that later....

gumby7 said:
Hi,

I bought Warband at v1.104 and I'm 60 days into my single player. All of my graphics were maxed out during that time and I've had a very smooth game with the battle size at 150. Immediately following my installation of the 1.105 patch, my world map never has f/s faster than 10 and my battles' f/s are never fast than 5. There is no doubt this is due to the patch.

Also, when I play 64 player MP with max settings, it still runs very smoothly.

I'd appreciate any help.

Back
Top Bottom