1.003 Bug Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

Lamjoe said:
Dryvus said:
Crossbows start out unloaded in battles.

Only if you dont load it at the end of a battle. When you win a battle, make sure your crossbow is loaded, next fight and your good to go.

The only thing is you have one less bolt in the battle if you forget to reload it before the next battle (ie usually you have 1 loaded bolt plus a full quiver, but if it's unloaded, you use 1 of the quarrels just reloading it). There's no reason why it shouldn't always be loaded though, I mean you character surely has time before battles to load the crossbow. It should definitely change back to how it used to be.

Archonsod said:
yellowmosquito said:
Anyone else notice that trainer is not on the list of party skills?  (The one where it shows your skill level and who is contributing it..)
That's because Trainer isn't a party skill.

Hmm...I see that it says "personal" skill now. 

However, my soldiers being trained when i have 0 trainer skill?  My party members have points in the skill, but I do not.  Does this mean that everyone with trainer will contribute their trainer points to training for the day?  (ie, trainer is cumulative and not just the highest skill level?)

I occasionally get some flashing semi-transparent white on the bottom third/quarter of my screen. Happens when in a scene, not on the world map. I will take a screenshot next time it happens.

Graphics card: ATI Radeon 9600 PRO
Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Celeron CPU
RAM: 768 MB
Hard Drive: 40 GB

yellowmosquito said:

However, my soldiers being trained when i have 0 trainer skill?  My party members have points in the skill, but I do not.  Does this mean that everyone with trainer will contribute their trainer points to training for the day?  (ie, trainer is cumulative and not just the highest skill level?)

Personal skills affect the character with the skill. It's covered in great depth elsewhere, but basically every character with trainer skill grants their XP to all eligible members of the party at midnight.

While plundering a village - you get sidebusted by a Lord and interrupts the looting.

Sacrifice some soldiers to bail and leave the area. Now all battles you have ANYWHERE will be held at that village (with the villagers on opposing team) until you have a forced scene change battle  (I went into Arena).

All battles will be held at the attempted looted village even after you whoop all the peasants and go elsewhere.

Archonsod said:
yellowmosquito said:

Personal skills affect the character with the skill. It's covered in great depth elsewhere, but basically every character with trainer skill grants their XP to all eligible members of the party at midnight.

Understood. Thank you for the explanation.

That's the anti crack protection kicking in. Check whether the game is registered (should say it's playing in full mode), otherwise try reinstalling.

Might be necessary to reregister, to do that uninstall the game then search the registry for M&B (should return two keys). Delete those keys and re-activate when prompted.

fresh install worked, i wonder if it might of had something todo with me installing it into a different folder :/

Quite a large bug:

If you are carrying a 2-handed weapon in battle, and then access your inventory box to switch to a 1-handed weapon, you can not use the sheild on horseback for the remainder of the battle.

Was in the middle of the "Train Peasants" mission in my fief, got interrupted by a large Nord party (250+) and surrended. Got dragged arround the map away from fief, was then released and the training mission kicked back in, as in the practice fight and so I was transported back to fief.

A quick second one: Should capture X prisoners quests cancel when peace occurs between factions?

More of a balance issue. Depending on the prisoner type you could capture them from deserter parties and thus still get rewarded, or of course continue persecuting your personal war. I guess really it comes down to whether you think the player should be capable of completing such quests or not

The Light Crossbow looks like a harpoon gun because the bolt is out of place, the crossbow works fine but the sight is irritating especially in first person view.

I was helping out a huge army of Rhodoks (10 lords or so) to capture a Vaegir castle, when this happened:

bug.JPG

All the text messages were messed up, no text was hovering over friendly soldiers and the trees had lost all their leaves. When the battle was over, no text was visible in the menus or over cities or anywhere. The same has happened to me in previous versions, but then I figured it had something to do with the battle sizer thingie.

bug2.JPG

Battle size was set to 100, my game was installed over a whole bunch of older versions and I wasn't using the battle sizer, although I had in the past and had it installed. Now the battle size was set to 100 using the game's own slider.

Could be heat or hardware related. Also known issue if you have the videocard drivers set to performance or otherwise tweaked rather than 'app control' or quality

I've got a book in inventory ("Treatise on the Value of Things") and I selected to read in the camp menu long ago, but have made no progress, even though I have spent several nights at inns or just waiting around.  Is reading bugged?  I sure hope not, or I'll be forced to follow Nizar around and pick up his castoffs for entertainment.

Version 1.003 issues:

When purchasing cattle from Kulum, sometimes they spawn on the complete other side of the river.

I successfully completed the "Follow Spy to Meeting" quest. Although the lord said I was paid in dialogue, I did not receive payment.

Deliver message to imprisoned lord quest - The lord that was in prison at the time that the quest was given had been released or escaped, but the quest was not canceled. I found him standing next to his wife in Tihr, but the dialogue was still prison-gloomy.
I did not get a relation improvement from the lord for delivering the message.

I did a 3-month mercenary job for Yaroglek. At the expiration, the game said that my contract with [my name] had expired (instead of K. Yaroglek).

I've noticed that some shop/loot screens have a few items all the way down in the bottom right corner.

I really love this new version, but that isn't a bug.

Way-finding for me is totally, completely screwed.

I can't click on anything further than a zero-spotting-skill-sight-range without running off at some stupid angle before eventually making a course correction. Sometimes my party seems to have to go around some kind of invisible corner, and this has led to my getting into battles I didn't want to whilst being chased. Also makes any journey a clock-fest.

Am I seriously the only one?

I've found a bug with the trowing axe animation: if you click and go backwards witht he mouse (same you would do to thrust a sword) the axe animation, instead of raising the arm over the head to get behind the head from the top (that's the new animation and that's ok), he does an unnatural movement and gets behind the head from DOWNSIDE: instead of raising his arm above his head he does an unnatural movement..

rest is fine so far..

Tall Paul said:
Way-finding for me is totally, completely screwed.

I can't click on anything further than a zero-spotting-skill-sight-range without running off at some stupid angle before eventually making a course correction. Sometimes my party seems to have to go around some kind of invisible corner, and this has led to my getting into battles I didn't want to whilst being chased. Also makes any journey a clock-fest.

Am I seriously the only one?
Nope.  Occasionally if I stop right next to a city and wait, when I click on the nearby city, I go in the opposite direction.  Back in .803 we had the "shortest distance between two points is an arc" bug, and now it's back.  Parties seem to be avoiding "low spots" in the map (not rivers, but something like dry gullies) and preferentially use roads, even if they are out of the way.

Back
Top Bottom