[1.0.2/1.0.3/Fix in progress/known issue] Save game corruption - the "45 saves phenomenon"

Users who are viewing this thread

Everywhere, and is just common sense with Early Access games.

Actually, it's not common sense. If you are out of Alpha phase software development, you are feature complete, and can most likely have a consistent save schema that don't cause save corruption. I have seen many early access games that have been able to achieve this. So far, it looks like this game is not feature complete therefore, many features will be updated during early access, and the game is still effectively in Alpha, which is fine, but it was not explicitly stated anywhere up front. It would have been nice to know where game development was before I started the campaign(s), but now I know and will invest my time accordingly.

I totally agree on the EA issue. I'm disappointed to some extend, I'm honest about that. But we learned that constructive criticism and community power (=pressure?) can lead to very fast changes in priority. Let's take this as a good sign and work actively to make Bannerlord a great game for us all by giving more feedback without ranting too much.

yes problem persists, I hope devs realize this soon, as it is indeed far worse than other problems like hideout loading screens or quests bugging out

They are already aware of it. Let's hope they focus on it tomorrow. TBH: They should carefully test the next patch. If this fails again the community will become more and more mad. That's not helpful at all for the EA phase. We need constructive feedback.

If I was a manager at Taleworlds, I would suggest the following strategy:
  • Full focus on Friday - full and final fix for the save game issue, quality control & testing for the patch, release as fast as possible as player base will increase over the weekend. If necessary: Extra hours for the team to solve this
  • Weekend: Do nothing, give devs free time, shut down all computers
  • Maybe give them a free monday as well to recover from the release week and the war against bugs
  • Continue with fresh energy :smile:

I was excited when I saw the new patch came out. For the first time my corrupted save from yesterday is able to load. However it can't not be made a new save from it. The new save from old one is corrupted and crashed again when loading.

I was excited when I saw the new patch came out. For the first time my corrupted save from yesterday is able to load. However it can't not be made a new save from it. The new save from old one is corrupted and crashed again when loading.
If you use the existing save it should work. As long as you don't save and regret it later it should be a suitable workaround.

If you use the existing save it should work. As long as you don't save and regret it later it should be a suitable workaround.
I can confirm that your existing 1.0.2 save file will work so it's important to save a copy of that save file in your desktop.

The issue is that when you convert it to 1.0.3 it will work and you can save over your existing game or you can also create a new save file. However if you close your game app or load any other previous saves then that's the end of your play through for now since your save file (most recently patched by 1.0.3) will not load.

My advice is to have a Mount and Blade Bannerlord marathon session (ironman mode) from now until they release the next patch (1.0.4). Lolz :razz:

Last edited:
I can confirm that your existing 1.0.2 save file will work so it's important to save a copy of that save file in your desktop.

The issue is that when you convert it to 1.0.3 it will work and you can save over your existing game or you can also create a new save file. However if you close your game app or load any other previous saves then that's the end of your play through for now since your save file (most recently patched by 1.0.3) will not load.

My advice is to have a Mount and Blade Bannerlord marathon session (ironman mode) from now until they release the next patch (1.0.4). Lolz :razz:

So does TW aware of that issue?
Well it is good to see they release e1.0.3 for this particular issue but shouldn't they test it first before releasing it? What is the point you can load it but couldn't make a new save.

So does TW aware of that issue?
Well it is good to see they release e1.0.3 for this particular issue but shouldn't they test it first before releasing it? What is the point you can load it but couldn't make a new save.
Totally agree with you buddy.

Maybe they want to test the patience of players ahem* I mean the ironman mode functionality of the game? I'm up for the challenge as I need my daily dose of bannerlord. lolz :shifty:

So i created 53 saves. everytime they got bigger. after the 53 time it crashed on load. well until the fix just don't save over your game and don't close the game.

Back
Top Bottom