♔51st (Yorkshire West Riding) Reg't of Foot♔[Light Infantry][Recruiting EU/NA!]

Users who are viewing this thread

Murphy77

Knight
Old Guard
51stHeader.png

We as a regiment, hope to become one of the best light infantry regiments in-game, aswell as living up to the standards of the old 51st Regiment that we take our name from. The regiment's foundations will be built on comradery and banter and by god we won't forget it! Even when we're hammering french dogs with our perfectly aimed shots or slaughtering those pesky Russians in melee. We understand you have a life! but we do expect you to turn up when you can and when you do turn up, giving 110% of effort. We thank you for reading this thread, and if you decide to join, we hope that you enjoy your time here as we plan to make it a milestone in your gaming history.

TEAMSPEAK IP - krb.teamspeak.de - Channels near bottom.

The 51st was formed in 1755 for service during the Seven Years' War. Originally numbered the 53rd, Napiers, Regiment of Foot, and bearing the name of its colonel, Robert Napier, it was re-numbered in 1757, with the name of its new colonel, as 51st Brudenells Regiment. In 1759 they saw action at the battle of Minden, which later became their first battle honour. Following the war, the 51st had garrison duty in Ireland and Minorca, acquiring their county association in 1783 as the 51st (2nd Yorkshire West Riding) Regiment.
The regiment was at Gibraltar at the start of the French Revolutionary Wars and in 1795 they were in Corsica at the siege of Calvi.
In 1803-05 it took part in the Kandyan Wars in Sri Lanka.
In 1808 the 51st became a Light Infantry regiment and took part in Peninsular War, where they fought in every major actio n earning battle honors such as the Peninsula battle honor, Corunna (1809), Salamanca (1812), Vitoria (1813), Pyrenees (1813), Nivelles (1813), Orthez (1814). Following Napoleon's escape from Elba in 1815, they fought in the Battle of Waterloo.

2vvus10.jpg

• MATURITY - We expect all members to be mature during linebattles and trainings which will promote enjoyment in Napoleonic Wars and in the regiment itself.
  • RESPECT- All members are expected and required to be civil towards other members, regardless of rank. This includes the general Napoleonic wars community.
  • ACTIVITY- We also require all members enlisted in the regiment to be regularily active in-game and on Teamspeak.

30dijhc.png

Commissioned Officers

Lieutenant Colonel
Major
Captain
Lieutenant
Ensign

Non Commissioned Officers

Serjeant Major
Colour Serjeant
Serjeant
Corporal

Enlisted

Chosen Man
Private
Recruit

11hdhz7.png

Commissioned Officers

Lieutenant Murphy

Non Commissioned Officers

Serjeant Major Blightninja
Colour Serjeant Freakout
Serjeant Raging Womble
Corporal IrishAim

Enlisted

ChM Random Cow
ChM Adde
ChM Christian
ChM CrazyGerman
Private Erik Morkai
Private Moreton
Private Catface
Private Cobra
Private Chralex
Private Bumby
Private Thomas
Private Plantroon
Private Churchof
Recruit Connor
Recruit Giorgianni
Recruit Wadertader15

6jk8ly.png

Please post below in a new reply, using the below template, filling in the gaps, if you wish to join. Alternatively, if you do not possess a forum account, add [51st] Murphy (away till the 22nd!) or add blightninja on steam and post the following template with full information to one of us there instead.

In-Game Name:
Steam Name (required):
Do you have a mic?:
Are you able to download Teamspeak3? (required):
Will you be active:
What is your age?(Age means nothing, maturity means more):
Experience in Napoleonic Wars (If Applicable, previous experience is not required to join):

For those who are confused. The 51st Regiment (who you all know and love) has decided to move to another game, thus leaving NW. These guys are completely unrelated to us and just took the name since we're not going to be active in NW anymore.

James Stewart said:
Sir Henry Ellis said:
James Stewart said:
Connzcdf said:
Good luck mate, and please don't dirty the name!
Don't worry, he will.

You weren't saying that Tav when you refused to let me play with the 28th incase I left. Or when I did all the admin for you in the 91st. :wink:
Or when you made numerous regiments and they all failed.

Now now,we're all gentlemen here.

HarbingerOfDoom said:
For those who are confused. The 51st Regiment (who you all know and love) has decided to move to another game, thus leaving NW. These guys are completely unrelated to us and just took the name since we're not going to be active in NW anymore.

Ah that is a shame, thanks for cleaning my confused head up tho  :lol: And here was me going to try and organise something with the 51st  :sad:

Best of luck, let me know if you need anything  :smile:

The first time they lose, they must give up the name, for they will have tainted it.
They will forever live in our shadow.

Ex-51st Tiki

HarbingerOfDoom said:

Does that mean the British Army is dead too?

Lloydski said:
HarbingerOfDoom said:

yes

Lloydski said:
HarbingerOfDoom said:

Well, it hasn't been active for a very long time, but I suppose this means the official disbandment of that. Many tears will be shed I think.

HarbingerOfDoom said:
Lloydski said:
HarbingerOfDoom said:

Well, it hasn't been active for a very long time, but I suppose this means the official disbandment of that. Many tears will be shed I think.
I was very shocked at the news. I know you guys havn't been round for a while but, you were always there I guess.

Back
Top Bottom