Search results for query: *

1. Subotai

Married to a claimant, does it make me ruler???

Some options are not available as co-ruler, if you want those you'll have to go sole ruler

The claimant still assigns fiefs on his/her own accord, and you can't set domestic policy. As for not being able to handle diplomacy; swap out your minister with one of your companions then you will have the option.
  2. Subotai

Paltry gift?

Hey guys, awesome mod btw, I'm just curious about one little problem I'm having. I've searched the forums but nothing seems up to date. Everytime I send a gift to a lord whether oil/wine/ale, it always comes up with "Lord ... is unimpressed with your paltry gift", is there something I'm doing wrong?
  3. Subotai

Share your greatest failures!

Attacking an enemy at midnight with 50 horsemen, only to find out my target who had around 70 men had allies hidden closeby, and I end up fighting 250 enemies with 50 men  :sad:
  4. Subotai

The unfunny truth about Katanas.

very, very, very pure iron sand.

even today, steel made with it is worth upwards of 40-50 times more than traditional steel.

So it's worth a lot more but lack in proper quality?  :???: Guess they're marketing through the media or something  :?:

Japan has very poor iron ore deposits.  They used iron rich sand as ore, and the best raw materials would come from the mainland, which has much better iron deposits.  Which is why Japan tried to annex parts of china during WW2

Interesting concept. But hey I guess it's all down to the individual swordsman not the sword then. Miyamoto Musashi - that Japanese kensai or something defeated all his opponents with a wooden stick  :lol:
  5. Subotai

Your charactername

Which language is it? I'm asking because "altan" seems like "altın" in Turkish, it means golden. :roll:
    [/quote]

Mongolian, similar to turkish as we're part of the Altaic family. Altan mean golden yes and Baatar is hero.  :lol:
  6. Subotai

On the mechanics of a Cavalry charge.

Horses can be trained to do anything, that's a fact. In Mongolia we still have cavalry, but we dismount to shoot. The horses are even trained to lie down as cover for the rifleman and not even move when shot.
  7. Subotai

The unfunny truth about Katanas.

Apparently the Japanese got their steel from sand :?:
    And their best katanas were made from steel imported from China  :?:
  8. Subotai

Your charactername

Subu'atai Altanbaatar

"Eye of the needle, the Golden Hero"  :lol:
  9. Subotai

Which faction is most deserving of your scorn?

Right now it has to be the damn Swadians. I've taken two castles and one town and the king has holed himself up with 200 men and I've been training/shoving as many troops as I can into my castle to build up my forces but they all poor and hate me because I looted them Mongol style  :cry:

:lol:
  10. Subotai

Will the real Mongol lamellar please stand up.

Oh trust me we've always had metal :smile:

The Chinese weren't the only metal-workers at that time (they went to extensive lengths to stop us making iron but...  :lol:)

Metal was essential for both horses, arms, and armor. As the army had a 1.5:1 ratio to ranged and heavy cavalry, there was quite a demand for metal. Ne ways on topic - the keshik ranged cavalry which formed the first 3 lines wore dense silk underneath wool clothing. If they were shot by an arrow in battle, the silk could easily be used to pull out the arrowhead. It was basic wear. As the tribes got more united and organised we had long coats covered with layers of hardened leather and metal plates. Those were the two components. Heavier armors were used more in European soil then Altaic soil as on the steppes - the slower you go, the deader you are.  :lol:

As for armaments there was a minimum of 4-5 arms for each soldier as a requirement, sabers, maces, axes, bows, lances. So to carry all these WAAY too heavy armor isn't very wise. Most of the keshik wore simple sheep skin however for pure speed, and some components of Mongol arms are made from animal tendons - such as the recurved composite bow. There are bows for both long and short range, so any armors except for the late 14th century could not withstand its firepower - thus another reason why mass heavy troops were simply not logical despite intense wealth during the peak of the Empire or the seperate Khanates.

Traditional bows were average 150 pounds but few have pushed beyond 200 pounds. There was also one such bow for example two meters long made which was sent as a gift to the French king by Munkh Khaan during the 14th century. As a result of such firepower in steppe warfare agility is generally more favored then heavy armor.

Either then this I don't really know much else, us modern Khergits nowadays are too busy studying, getting drunk, pounding ladies, looking for a career (and playing M&B  :mrgreen:) then saddling on a horse and raiding villages in real life :lol:
  11. Subotai

Mongol

Many amongst the Mongolian community are very disappointed with the lack of historical accuracy in the movie - which is based on a Russian novel itself. But nonetheless, Sergei has tried his best but in the end you can never really please everyone.

Personally - I'm still going to watch it for entertainment. Besides - as Sanzo84 said it is KHERGIT: The Movie  :lol:
  12. Subotai

Allow me to KILL the king please!

Allowing you to usurp the throne will really turn this game EPIC! Cheers for that all the way!  :grin:

I should be the REAL KHAN!  :lol:
  13. Subotai

WARNING. Don't cheat.

Frankoman said:
    I don't know why I am telling you this other then to not cheat. When I bought mount and blade in 751, I loved it so much! Starting off was always the best, then when i had my first 20 men, it was all great.

Then 890 and on, again, smashing fun growing to become really strong.

Then 900.. I decided to make a Cheat account, and give it max stats.. I instantly had a massive army, and in 2 earth days, took every castle and city.
    Then I made a regular account, and now this game really sucks.. and my Cheat account is boring too since I can win too easily...

So long story short, don't cheat :sad:

It's been a while since I posted, I just downloaded .903 and tried cheating... it didn't go very far, especially not now with the crazy new features.

I must say I'm more then bloody impressed with this version, what really stands out is that I've seen the many suggestions from this board implemented into the game, many of which that I had hoped for. I can barely ask for anymore because this game has reached platinum already, just a few more polishes and hell I'm going to buy M&B off the shelves ne ways if not just for the box itself if it ever gets published here.

Sorry if I went off-topic but just I haven't been here a while and I just can't contain myself when it comes to .903  :lol:
    This game will last forever and hell everyone knows it, even after M&B2 and other games that are going to be inspired by M&B in the future, nah, M&B is always going to be THE medieval classic, period!

-minus cheats though because it really saps the immersion of the game - and with .903 trust me - play without cheats and you won't be disappointed. Set damage all on normal, AI on the best, and when you wipe out an enemy army of 150 with 30 (because the other lords are living it up in their castles instead of the battlefield) you really feel you deserve your renown! Now that's fun! :wink:

Only time you should ever cheat is if you're testing something within the game.
  14. Subotai

Villiage Wealth?

God damn it 120 mgs on dialup I CANT WAIT until I see what all this 'village stuff' is all about  :cry:

ok download speed on max b4 work...
  15. Subotai

Mount&Blade version 0.903 is out!

Holy ****! I come back after a few months to find the game so drastically changed!  :shock:

*sets download priority*
    Well done, and THANK YOU ARMAGAN  :mrgreen:
  16. Subotai

Villiage Wealth?

Chingis Khan's birth name was Temujin - Chingis means great, Khan means leader, Chingis Khan is a title that replaced his name when he united the Mongol tribes. His descendants carried on this title.

It can be first name first then title, or the entire name a straight up title. Before the 13th century tribal leaders were called shanyu, not khan. (So Sanjar Shanyu) There was no Mongolia at that time either, but the Xiongnu (In Chinese texts), or Huns (In Western texts).
  17. Subotai

Couched Sword?

:roll:

Hold a long object to your side, and run past your target - as you describe
    Is that force? No, rather if you do on horseback, you'll either
    - Lose your sword
    - Forced off your horse
    - Break your arm
  18. Subotai

Chinese players have a bad news to tell you,come in please!!

I dont recall mate, seriously - this is weird  :shock:
  19. Subotai

Chinese players have a bad news to tell you,come in please!!

Errr, yeah but... I didnt post an IP lol
    Yet I got quoted

Hey, at leats this controversy has brought some girls to the forum, and it seems that they wont be able to read dead baby jokes! ZOMG!!

:lol:
Back
Top Bottom