Villiage Wealth?

Users who are viewing this thread

verbatib

Recruit
I'm sorry if this question has already been answered but I couldn't find it using search.
I have noticed that I regularly recurve messges saying that villiage x has gone from poor to average or rich to very rich. 
I would like to know:
1. how to make your own villiage richer
2. how long this takes and
3. what it achieves

thanks Josh

ok another question about owning places, is there a garenteed way of keeping the second castle you win.  I have just over 500 renown and yet the second castle I clear has been given to some other lord twice now(I've had two goes).

verbatib said:
ok another question about owning places, is there a garenteed way of keeping the second castle you win.  I have just over 500 renown and yet the second castle I clear has been given to some other lord twice now(I've had two goes).
Leave your faction. You must be Swadian.

160 renown
450 renown
690 renown
815 renown

That's the figures for me and I've taken Wercherg, Distar and Tehlog. Those aren't exact though, just the figure I surpassed when I got the castles. Also because I don't like having the settlements go to other Lords I reload the game, get more renown, then rechallenge the settlement. You have to up your personal standing with the King/Sanjar of your faction.

Satyr said:
You have to up your personal standing with the King/Sanjar of your faction.

Everything you say is quite true, but I feel I must point out that in the character name "Sanjar Khan" it is Khan that is a title meaning King, not Sanjar, which is simply his name.

TheSlightFeelingOfRegret said:
Satyr said:

Everything you say is quite true, but I feel I must point out that in the character name "Sanjar Khan" it is Khan that is a title meaning King, not Sanjar, which is simply his name.

actually khan is from the early mongolian monarchy bloodline, ghengis khan and kubilai khan were during the silk road for example, its not a name of a king, but rather the last name of a royal blooded family.

srbraveandstupid said:
Satyr said:

actually khan is from the early mongolian monarchy bloodline, ghengis khan and kubilai khan were during the silk road for example, its not a name of a king, but rather the last name of a royal blooded family.
Not necessarily, if you trust the old wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khan_%28title%29

srbraveandstupid said:
Satyr said:

It's the typical oriental style of giving one's name. Your family name comes first, then your given name, then your title. With typical titles one would simply give "family name" "title". Royalty, however, (in the same way as in the UK) can use "given name" "title", I believe. I'll PM Subotai to be absolutely sure.

Chingis Khan's birth name was Temujin - Chingis means great, Khan means leader, Chingis Khan is a title that replaced his name when he united the Mongol tribes. His descendants carried on this title.

It can be first name first then title, or the entire name a straight up title. Before the 13th century tribal leaders were called shanyu, not khan. (So Sanjar Shanyu) There was no Mongolia at that time either, but the Xiongnu (In Chinese texts), or Huns (In Western texts).

Youre village will need the key essence of simply using time to get richer. If its raided its prosperity will decrease of course. This can take a while, Aye.
This makes you recieve more gold when taxing the poor basards.

God damn it 120 mgs on dialup I CANT WAIT until I see what all this 'village stuff' is all about  :cry:

ok download speed on max b4 work...

back to the burnt out topic, it is reffered to as the kerghit, KHANate, which to me shows it as the title.

I've used the buy/sell to make poor villages rich (Cheat to get money, buy good armor, sell it at a village, buy it back, sell it, repeat), and it works wonders. But even after going to sargoth, and getting 50K for each seller, it doesn't improve the city.

^^ Cheater!

verbatib said:

Discussed here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,28308.msg714329.html#msg714329

Lord Mur said:
^^ Cheater!

verbatib said:

Discussed here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,28308.msg714329.html#msg714329

Beats waiting forever.  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom