Allow me to KILL the king please!

Users who are viewing this thread

TreasureDen

Recruit
GOD, I hate the king. When I renounced my oath to the king, the game automatic give all my property to the king, including my men in the castle. WTF, I'm not going to give anything without a fight. BS game!

Not sure if this thread belongs here...

Renouncing your oath is a VERY serious matter. As it should be. Your character got what he deserved for being an oath breaker.
You might as well turn him into a bandit king or something, but you won't have any power base to work from or you can start
another game.  :neutral:

You should be able to rebel, though. Especially if you hold several fiefs near to each other, so that you have a real pwoerbase with territorial cohesion. What self-respecting oath breaker would give the King the lands back without a fight? It's like turning the other cheek--even if you think it's the decent thing to do, you'd still be daft to do it.

Ah, but within the confines of the current game version we can't and I am
firmly undecided as to whether or not we should be able to rebel against
our chosen faction in future updates.  :wink:

What is being assumed here is that the holdings you are losing has a stronger
sense of loyalty to the character than to their king. - Which is not a feasible enough
reason to allow the character to keep their power base unless the relations module
is going to be reworked also.  :neutral:

itd be cool if maybe you could persuade a few lords to rebel along with you and take down the king. personaly i dont think yogley-yogley-yoohooo (yaragolek) should be the king of vaigers. id shoot an arrow at him anyday

hmm that suggestion does have possibilities! Give that persuasion skill a work out
too!  :lol:

DarkAnd said:
yaragolek is gay.

That's exactly why I fight against him, too bad the Nords just announced they made peace with the Vaegirs. But some retarded vaegir lord was still raiding my fief and I kicked his ass. So now my relation with the Vaegirs is -3. But it would definantly be cool if you renounce your oath the king dispatches and army led by some random lord or something to retake your fiefs. You can either run for the hills or move to your fief and fight for it to remain in your control. Hence why i'd like castle defense.

I think it would be a great idea if you could kill the king and his heir/if any takes over or you take over the faction, it would be really cool.

I suppose in the gist of the where this discussion is going it would be more feasible if
you nurtured your relationships with the general population of your fiefs. Say to the level
of + 75 ~ + 80 I believe they are "Devoted" to you. Sort of setting the stage to sow the
seeds of rebellion against the king.
  :neutral:

Well, what if the Nords go soft on you and go the peaceful route. I like the idea of being able to rebel with other nobles and make a new faction.

Very true.

Just started a new game and while I was still neutral I got the "fetch me blah blah prisoners" task.

I promptly go and pound the piss out of a sissified Rhodok lord, get the requested prisoners and
get some nice additions to my party from the rescued prisoners as a bonus.
The whole time the Rhodok little Lord Fauntleroy was crying about how I would pay for this!
- Ha! “Shut up ***** and give me your armor too!”  :lol:

And it seems such a shame to point out the obvious falt that if you could have your own faction and have your own armies that no one would ever belong to a faction and the game would lose all it's realism... Players end up very overpowered after a while even when they work for a king...

Allowing you to usurp the throne will really turn this game EPIC! Cheers for that all the way!  :grin:

I should be the REAL KHAN!  :lol:

Subotai said:
Allowing you to usurp the throne will really turn this game EPIC! Cheers for that all the way!  :grin:

I should be the REAL KHAN!  :lol:

Rofl if this game was multiplayer and you were the Khan and I was the King of Swadia, consider yourself SCREWED Khergit. And yeah, I think this game would be SWEET if you could usurp the King's throne and have Vassals Etc. Cuz I know if I could, I would give some of my heroes the option of being my vassal and take over some Vaegir Scum's land while giving the new vassals those towns.

Honestly speaking, I think that honour and oaths were taken quite strictly in feudalistic societies, so I doubt the "modern-gamer-mentality" (kill the king and take everything for myself) doesn't apply so well to a game like M&B.

At the same time, I still think that Lords and Kings should be able to die, so that others (involving the player) can ideally follow up.

On a sidenote, this post should finally make me a regular. Yay to that, after 2 years of Werewolfing  :mrgreen:

Edit: Not yet  :cry:

Adaham said:
Honestly speaking, I think that honour and oaths were taken quite strictly in feudalistic societies, so I doubt the "modern-gamer-mentality" (kill the king and take everything for myself) doesn't apply so well to a game like M&B.

At the same time, I still think that Lords and Kings should be able to die, so that others (involving the player) can ideally follow up.

On a sidenote, this post should finally make me a regular. Yay to that, after 2 years of Werewolfing  :mrgreen:

Edit: Not yet  :cry:

You are encouraging spam and tell us that you truly don't give a **** but instead want this to put you up to regular. On a side note, I agree on your opinion, but then again these aren't Feudalistic ages now, are they? If they were, we would not be allowing every one of our men to charge and not even consider the fact they are about to die. I think that Lords and Kings should be able to die, but screw the ranks, I think if you kill a king, the throne is respectfully and rightfully yours, no matter how many of that race run away from the fact that their King just died.

Back
Top Bottom