Search results for query: *

• Users: Tanit
  • Order by date
  1. SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

Much of the agent and contender text still refers to the vanilla nations, characters, etc...  Would you like some help with that?  I don't know if I'll finish what I start as I have other mods to work on, just thought I'd tell you to be fair, but I could post text for the claimants here and offer some ideas for companions and such.
  2. SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

I think you may have done everything right, the step by step instructions are in the first post, but I have noticed that the main download does not always download all files.  In my case the parts it did not download prevented it from working at all, but perhaps yours merely caused this desert effect.  You may have to try a wipe and clean install, checking the file size when you download the .zip to make sure it is correct.

Another teensy, miniscule suggestion for the mod's singleplayer would be to play with character allocation.  Currently the relations in the game are a little skewed and certain generals who could be wives or companions or mothers or sister, etc... could be altered.  Its not at all necessary as this is a 'what if?' game, but its something to consider having fun with.

Also my friend is interested in the mod and he was wondering if you could post the full troop trees in the first post.
  3. SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

I don't know what's wrong with your version Telborn, but mine is fine. 

Another question.  I have absolutely no idea how much you can control which lords give which quests or who had what personality, but Min asked me to assassinate a merchant because she couldn't pay her debts and Tam told me not to help his village out anymore after I did a quest for them.  Is this at all modable?  Then again, as it is an alternate reality of sorts, maybe it should stay as is, I don't know.
  4. SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

Thanks for the reply mat!

Been rescuing a number of peasant women and I noticed they don't have an advancement tree.  I realize this is because the vanilla tree doesn't work perfectly in randland and kudos to you for noticing it and removing it.  It helps to improve the immersion feeling.  However, I was wondering if you were considering creating an advancement tree for peasant women which could include hunters for the horn, Cairhienin sword sisters, wise women/Kin, etc...  Just a thought.

Also, in response to the vanilla bandit hideouts, they work great in the game as centers for larger numbers of bandit spawnings and for early gold.  The only change I would make right off would be seeing if the troops inside the camp can be changed to your own troops as they are currently still using vanilla bandits inside the hideouts, most noticeable with the coastal raiders one.  Its not a big issue though.
  5. SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

Just wanted to offer my praise.  Excellent mod!  It feels very true to the series while retaining its own version of 'alternate reality' like the shadow rising mod did.  My only complaint I guess would be that I don't like seeker, but that's just me.

Out of curiosity, who were you thinking of making into companions from the series?  Since you said you wanted to update companions in a future release.
  6. SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

I get the following error when trying to extract the main zip file for the mod, but the patch decompresses just fine.  Any idea why?  I am using winrar to extract and have XP as my operating system and firefox as my browser.

!  C:\Documents and Settings\Tanit\My Documents\Downloads\Gathering_Storm_V020Beta(2).zip: Unexpected end of archive

Edit: Never mind, choosing open with winrar instead of downloading and then opening fixed the issue.
  7. SP Fantasy Redwall Mod

What species should I work on next?
  8. SP Fantasy Redwall Mod

----------------------->HarvestMouse------->Fieldmouse
    Young Mouse --->
    ----------------------->Dormouse-------->Churchmouse--------->Mouse Novice
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ------->Warrior Mouse-->Mouse Chief
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - --------->Tribal Mouse---------->Mouse Fighter
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ---------->Mouse Slinger

9. SP Fantasy Redwall Mod

I still haven't edited my previous troop trees, but I wanted to do Mice next. Please tell me if I miss anything, its a very expansive universe.

Fieldmice, Harvest Mice, Church Mice, Dormice, Abbey Mice, Tribal Mice (Gonfelin Thieves, Luke's Tribe)

Fieldmice - stronger archers

Harvestmice - light archers

Churchmice - healers, related to abbey mice and tribal mice

Dormice - related to tribal mice, not typically fighters

Abbey Mice - healers, monks, but also the origin of warriors, monks use staffs

Tribal Mice - Also produce warriors, and chieftains, use javelins, slings and swords and spears

Young Mouse: Harvestmouse or Dormouse
    Harvestmouse: Fieldmouse or Churchmouse
    Dormouse: Tribal Mouse or Churchmouse
    Churchmouse: Mouse Novice
    Tribal Mouse: Mouse Slinger or Mouse Fighter
    Mouse Novice: Mouse Warrior or Abbey Mouse
    Mouse Fighter: Mouse Warrior
    Mouse Warrior: Mouse Chief

Young Mouse: Dagger
    Harvestmouse: bow, knife
    Dormouse: Dagger or quarterstaff
    Churchmouse: knife (Healers)
    Fieldmouse: bow, knife
    Tribal Mouse: spear or club, sometimes javelins
    Mouse Novice: quarterstaff, sometimes sling
    Mouse Slinger: sling, dagger or club
    Mouse Fighter: spear or club or sword, sometimes javelin, sling or bow
    Mouse Warrior: sword, or two-handed sword
    Mouse Chief: sword or axe, sometimes sling or bow or javelins
    Abbey Mouse: Quarterstaff (Healers)
  10. SP Fantasy Redwall Mod

Matthias, but we should get back on topic here. :wink:
  11. SP Fantasy Redwall Mod

Shiroi_Akuma said:
    Never read the book think caught glimpse of the movies, but it would be cool to be a fox man with a sword lol is it just me or all these critters British country side animals ?

Yes, the author was inspired during a holiday at his cottage.
  12. SP Fantasy Redwall Mod

I think Ares said its set an indeterminate time after the last book.  All NPCs will be created for this mod.  I don't know if there are plans to create the unique Martin's Sword.  I think that is a goal somewhere down the line, but not yet.
  13. SP Fantasy Redwall Mod

Badgers also use bows, javelins, fists, etc...  And just imagine the bow a Badger could wield!

Use of Badgers:
    1. Badgers as the ruling NPC of Salamandastron faction.
    2. Badgers as 1 or more companions
    3. At least 1 Badger as a Tournament character only (Doesn't appear outside of tournament, see native)
    4. As option for player
    5. Potentially a female Badger troop tree.

What Creatures should have troop trees?
    Fox, Rat, Mouse, Hare, Squirrel, Shrew, Hedgehog, Lizard, Toad, Otter, Feral Cats (High Rhulain), Stoats (Become Ermine), Weasels, Ferrets, Female Badger(?)

Creatures who should be relegated to being companions/npcs/Player choices/etc...
    Vole, Rabbit, Hamster, Mole, Pine Marten/Sable, Wild Cat, Wolverine, Wolf, Dog, Wearet, Beaver, Male Badger

Creatures dependant on features not yet implemented.
    All birds, all snakes, bats, seals, Dolphin, Sea Lion, Insects, Tortoise, etc...
  14. SP Fantasy Redwall Mod

UnboundZero said:
    So, I made the troop tree for nothing?  :cry: :cry:

Not at all, its important a) to note what weapons various Badgers would have a predilection to, b) what the ranks would be for Badger lords of Salamandastron as NPC characters, c)What weapons and roles a potential Female Badger tree would have as they can become Badger lords, but can also be Badger mothers, entertainers, etc.. and d)to see ideas for potential NPC badgers.
  15. SP Fantasy Redwall Mod

Well exactly, it makes me wonder if Badgers shouldn't be relegated to just being characters/leaders.  And if you do want a troop tree, maybe have the troop tree be just female badgers who can become more like civilians and helpers or more like warriors (Cregga Rose-eyes) since more than one female badger can occupy the same space.
  16. SP Fantasy Redwall Mod

Thanks guys!  I can hopefully edit those trees a bit tonight.  And if you like my ideas so far, what group should I look at next?
  17. SP Fantasy Redwall Mod

Quite right, I will update the concept later.  Also clubs should be included as rat weapons for several of the levels.
  18. SP Fantasy Redwall Mod

I've been trying to post ideas on the main site, but no-one seems to respond there.  Anyways, my thoughts so far on troop trees for Hares and Rats.  I also posted a bunch of questions about characters on the official site.  Its obviously going to need some fine tuning, and its just my ideas, but I think its fairly good. 

Hares: Some thoughts, lots of unique feeling here, will do rats tomorrow

Leveret: March Hare or Salamandastron Hare
    March Hare: Mountain Hare
    Salamandastron Hare: Galloper or Boarder Patrol
    Galloper: Runner or Sleeper
    Boarder Patrol: Archer Hare or Long Patrol
    Long Patrol: Long Patrol Lancer or Hare Healer
    Long Patrol Lancer: Hare Officer

Leveret: Sling and dagger
    March Hare: Big and strong, fists
    Mountain Hare: Claymore
    Salamandastron Hare: Rapier
    Galloper: Very fast, dagger, sling
    Runner: Better Galloper, sabre and sling
    Sleeper: Better Galloper, less speed, more power, sabre and javelin
    Boarder Patrol: Pike/spear and fists
    Archer Hare: bow, dagger or sabre
    Long Patrol: Rapier or sabre, occasional sling or javelin
    Hare Healer: Dagger and sling, high healing skills
    Long Patrol Lancer: Like the Long Patrol but with lance
    Hare Officer: rapier and javelins

The biggest problem with making a troop tree for any group is that Brian Jacques basically has different weapons for every character in the books. There is very little sense of organization based on weapon type, more often it is based on rank, race or social standing.

Ok, so its not exactly tomorrow, but school is rough, rats are difficult, and no one seems to use this forum.

Rats are the most interesting group in Brian Jacques' universe of Redwall. This is because although they are often in positions of authority, they form the majority of the troops among vermin armies and can even be occasionally good, they have no special skill or group identity.

They also use almost every weapon known to man in the medieval ages. Spears, javelins, slings, bows, swords, cutlasses, pikes, etc...

There are a few types of rat however which can be identified.

Sea Rats: The rats who rule the seas, most likely to be leaders, ever, most likely to use bows, most vicious, most feared, best organized.

Tribal Rats: feral rats, fewer of them than other feral species, painted. In specific 'The Painted Ones' who are seen in many books. Use blowpipes, blunt branches and short spears.

Common Rats: The soldiers, use spears mostly, also use slings. Come in large numbers, usually never amount to positions of authority. Can produce archer rats as well, of a sneakier, more pathfinder kind.

Thoughts:

Rat Recruit (Actually applicable here): Common Rat or Tribal Rat
    Common Rat: Water Rat or Regular Rat
    Tribal Rat: Painted one
    Water Rat: Bilge Rat or Sea Rat
    Regular Rat: Rat Scout or Rat Soldier
    Sea Rat: Corsair Rat or Corsair Skirmisher
    Corsair Skirmisher: Corsair Archer
    Corsair Rat: Trident Rat
    Rat Scout: Rat Archer or Rat Slinger
    Rat Soldier: Spear Rat

Rat Recruit: Dagger
    Common Rat: short spear
    Tribal Rat: Blunt stick
    Painted One: Blowpipe and short spear
    Water Rat: short Spear
    Bilge Rat: pike
    Sea Rat: cutlass or axe or short spear
    Corsair Rat: cutlass, optional shield
    Trident Rat: two-handed trident
    Corsair Skirmisher: javelins and cutlass
    Corsair Archer: bow and cutlass
    Rat Scout: short sword or spear, sometimes javelins
    Rat Archer: bow and sword or spear
    Rat Slinger: sling and sword or spear
    Rat Soldier: sword, sometimes shield
    Spear Rat: spear and sometimes shield
  19. Carthage

Yes, I definitely understand the limitations of small teams, or one man teams, and I wish you the best of luck. 

As for Sacred Band, yeah, that's always a tricky one.

Sacred Band Infantry:  The most elite and best equipped hoplite citizen troops of Carthage who formed the right flank of the battle line in the old Punic army.  Called Sacred Band by the Greeks and given a religious connection to Baal Hammon by them as well.  With the extremely vague descriptions of the Punic citizen armies that did fight in the First Punic War it is impossible to say if they were revived or not.  But is clear that by the end of the war/the beginning of the second war, they were very much gone.

Sacred Band Cavalry: Don't exist.  There were heavily equipped and very well trained citizen cavalry who appeared on occasion to form the right flank cavalry of the army but not even the authors who coined the Sacred Band infantry as a group referred to the cavalry in that way.  Some later author called them that and associated them with Astarte which is a little ridiculous for Carthage.  Tanit, Baal Melqart, Demeter or Persephone maybe, but Astarte is a bit of a stretch for the religious practices of Carthage.
  20. Carthage

8/10  Very nice.  I obviously have my disagreements with a number of things, but thats because I'm anal about this sort of stuff.  You have done a fantastic job for having little support and attempting to produce such a great mod.

I wish to offer my suggestions about Carthage, being the Carthage FC for Europa Barbarorum, but I don't want you to take it the wrong way, I still think your doing a great job!

Libyans:
    You could start this tree off with Libyan skirmisher which did exist using javelins and swords and shields.  This can go to Libyan Spearmen, essentially hoplites with hoplon shields and dori spears, and Libyan Swordsmen, armed with sword and javelin still but better shield and armour.  The Libyan spearman can upgrade to thureophoroi and then thorakitai or to phalangites.  The swordsmen can upgrade to a heavier version or to a light/medium cavalry.

Liby-Phoenicians:
    Your tree looks good, but the infantry should be medium hoplites instead of thureophoroi.

Poeni:
    Once again this tree looks alright, but the infantry should be a heavy hoplite, similar to sacred band, but not quite as good, instead of a thureophoroi.  And the use of the term Sacred Band cavalry is a later interpretation, but its so commonly accepted that there is no point in calling it anything else.

Now I realize this is all unsupported advice and might be too much work to change in the implementation now.  Your work is already pretty darn good.  A lot better than the majority of Carthage representations out there.  Keep up the good work!
Back
Top Bottom