SP Fantasy Redwall Mod

Which scene should I start working on next?

• Marshank Fort

Votes: 72 53.7%
  • The Farm by River Moss

Votes: 41 30.6%
  • Noonvale

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • Other (post)

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, stay on topic. Ares, can you put a poll to vote about this? I'm pretty sure the first one is a little obvious on who's gonna win.  :razz:

Tanit said:
Well exactly, it makes me wonder if Badgers shouldn't be relegated to just being characters/leaders.  And if you do want a troop tree, maybe have the troop tree be just female badgers who can become more like civilians and helpers or more like warriors (Cregga Rose-eyes) since more than one female badger can occupy the same space.
I tend to share Tanit's opinion. I don't think badgers should be like normal troops. I would definitely not mind there being a number of different potential companion badgers wandering around (or even randomly being there or not being there to spice up each new game).

The female badger idea is interesting. We could look more into it, but I'm still leaning towards companions.

Lord Drake said:
Do not look here said:
Lord Drake said:
Wolfhead said:
Mushroom, mushroom.
This is relevant how?

In obvious ways. Badger was repeated so many times already that it needs mushroom mushroom.
Um, no not obvious since I still haven't got a clue what you're talking about. :neutral:
this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIyixC9NsLI

I reconmend, that you have Badger companions set to hate each other, like the Native's companions. I'm not sure if you can double the amount of "hatred" (never looked into it) but if you could, that could possibly work.

Badger badger badger badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM! Badger badger badger badger SNAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!
YAY! badgers! But I still prefer get on my horse and that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnsfRWaDL-E ( same guy )

You guys should look into the Giants and Dwarves mod for stuff on modifying skeletons if you haven't already.

UnboundZero said:
So, I made the troop tree for nothing?  :cry: :cry:

Not at all, its important a) to note what weapons various Badgers would have a predilection to, b) what the ranks would be for Badger lords of Salamandastron as NPC characters, c)What weapons and roles a potential Female Badger tree would have as they can become Badger lords, but can also be Badger mothers, entertainers, etc.. and d)to see ideas for potential NPC badgers.

Aren't badgers basically just predisposed to gigantic polearms and gigantic two-handers? Aside from Russano, all you hear about are swords as tall as they (Brocktree), great axe-pikes (Cregga) and so on and so forth.

Yes they are, but it would look funny to see a mouse wielding a sword twice as big as them.  :razz: If we added those, we would have to restrict them.

IMO your best bet would be to make badgers restricted to non-player only, and then make their weapons unique, such that they don't drop after battle/aren't found in shops.

But I wanna play as a badger.

Eh.... I think i remember of redwall. ... I think there were an animated cartoon of redwall but i'm not sure if it's really that ( does redwall existed in france on tv? )

EDIT: Yay, it was redwall! The french name is "rougemuraille" ... I don't remeber very well but i think I enjoyed it, a long time ago.

There is a redwall animated movie, my nephews are rather fond of it. Its not great animation but pretty cool, the crazy accents are solid
Also I'd reccomend fans to check out some of the redwall audio books. I have only listened to a couple but some (not all of them) are narrated by Jacques and have alot of poorly recorded but excellent! songs, sung and played with traditional instruments, very cool!

Tuckles said:
IMO your best bet would be to make badgers restricted to non-player only, and then make their weapons unique, such that they don't drop after battle/aren't found in shops.

But I wanna play as a badger.
We definitely want to be able to play as badgers. No doubt about that.

I'm thinking that starting out, we will just have great strength requirements for the badger weapons and give badger characters great strength. Eventually, there might be some kind of flag we could put on badger weapons that only lets badgers wield them, but that will be significantly into the future if we try to do that.

Qtee said:
There is a redwall animated movie, my nephews are rather fond of it. Its not great animation but pretty cool, the crazy accents are solid
Also I'd reccomend fans to check out some of the redwall audio books. I have only listened to a couple but some (not all of them) are narrated by Jacques and have alot of poorly recorded but excellent! songs, sung and played with traditional instruments, very cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aok499ZcEF0 ( but it's in french )

I have to agree with Jezze, the curved frontwall on the abbey does not please me. but still you guys are making a wonderfull job keep it up :grin:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom