Search results for query: *

• Users: TrashMan
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. TrashMan

SP - General Seasonal warfare and levies?

The way actual medieval warfare worked. Most of the troops were levies that would fight in a campaign, then return to their farms/jobs. Hence why a part of the lords armies (and players) would be lower-leveled levies that are temporary troops. Professional soldiers and mercenaries would stay...
  2. TrashMan

Need More Info 1.8.0 - game crashes on loading some lords/ladies?

Summary: How to Reproduce: new game. Have you used cheats and if so which: nope Computer Specs: OS: Windows 7 SP1 (has performance update) GPU: NVidia GForce GTX 1060 3GB GPU Driver Version: 473.04 CPU: i5-3570k (4 cores) RAM: 18GB No mods. Game re-installed fully for 1.8.0. On new game...
  3. TrashMan

Anyone else experiencing semi-random freezes/chrashes?

It seems to happen when trying to load in some character. So far I've noticed in with some female nobles and in the character creation. It is weird. I open the enyclopedia, filter female nobles and start sifting trough. Opens one normally, another doesn't load and the game freezes. Have to...
  4. TrashMan

My dissapointment grows. Game still feels barren.

I knew that the game will be unfinished and unpolished for a while. I knew that it will take time for it to shape up. So I waited. And waited. And waited. The fool that I was, I actually believed in TW. Yet still SO MANY features that gave Warband depth are missing. >FESTS ... Feasts are STILL...
  5. TrashMan

Feasts - when?

Seriously. I'm tired of downloading giant updates that add jack s*** of actual worth. At the current rate of progress, I will not live to see the basic old features implemented. The game is still far from what I would call "complete" and the entire experience feels grindy and half-baked. I'm...
  6. TrashMan

Problem with units, upgrades and armor

A simple truth is that 90% of an army were conscripts/levies - troops with equipment that was practically never of quality. Only nobles had the best armor, everyone else managed how they could. In fact, mercenaries and professional soldiers were the only one with what you could call "good"...
  7. TrashMan

Courtship and no second chances

Who thought the current system was a good idea? You need to get a PERFECT conversation to pass, and if you don't, you're shut down forever. Hell, even the option to "talk about it later" (I though I'd return when I buff my charm a bit) locks you out completely as if you failed!
  8. TrashMan

Armies in peacetime and recruitment

There needs to be a lot more peace time with feasts and grand tournaments, but the AI has to be adjusted for that to happen. Namely, building armies during peacetime. You don't need them during peacetime. Armies were assembled as needed, the actual standing armies were tiny. Seasons and general...
  9. TrashMan

Wooing the ladies - more chances/conversation change

Right now you get ONE chance to impress a lady. If it fails, you are f***. And even worse, if you realize your chaces are slim and back out of the conversation (lke's talk abot this another time/long story) it treats hat as if you failed! Anyone know if it's possible to change that?
  10. TrashMan

Can troops/units use custom facegen or can you only use tempaltes?

If they can, how? If not, can one make their own templates? I found clothing/gear templates looking trough the game files, but no face templates
  11. TrashMan

No modding corner/forum?

I find it odd. I know the tools aren't out yet (hurry it up), but people are already modding and a place to share their findings. And speaking of that - anyone know if we can define our custom face and clothing templates? Right now NPC lords use templates, not a list of items like units.
  12. TrashMan

SP - General Quests and feasts and towns

QUESTS are dissapointing. Too linear, too predictable with no real options. And here are far too few of them! Add some RNG so the quest can branch. For example: Rescue Kidnapped Daughter quest. Let's say that if you take it, there's a 25% chance that the girl was really kidnapped (in which case...
  13. TrashMan

Mod Tools when?

I never saw an ETA. The sooner the tools are out, the better for everyone.
  14. TrashMan

Forced kills

Why is death forced in so many cases? I equip blunt weapons on myself and my companion, fight that lover from the Kidnapped Daughter quest since I failed the conversation check and he ends up dead instead of knocked out. I try using only fists. Still the same result - "You killed him, you...
  15. TrashMan

Culture bonuses balance - Discuss

It's a mess. Vlanidian with 20% XP boost is a no-brainer. The Empires 20% speed for buiding is good. Everything else is...kinda crappy and situational. So how would you change and what? I guess the forest movement bonus could be improved with better foraging in forests?
  16. TrashMan

Need More Info Choronad is wrong settlemet type

This village is in he mountains, but produces fish and also has the wrong aesthetic loaded (sea village)
  17. TrashMan

SP - General Marriage

Marriage - when should you be able to marry, whom, and how? I say the only restriction should be having a home - not necessarily a fief, you could buy a house in the village or town* - before you can marry. You can woo anyone, from a peasant girl to companion to NPC. Why should I be restricted...
  18. TrashMan

SP - General SUGGESTION LIST

1- Steps should be taken to stop snowballing. Wars should be more of a seasonal thing (wars during harvesting season would be avoided), with castles having better defenses/garrisons. Other possible solutions could include attrition, WAR EXHAUSTION desertion after too long campaigns, and similar...
  19. TrashMan

Accesing dev mode?

Anyone know how to do it when your keyboard doesn't have a ~ key (for me it's RightAlt+1) and naturally, Ctrl+RightAlt+1 doesn't work. I really want my build and age slider.
  20. TrashMan

2 major issues and how to fix them

1) load times and loading screens. Aside form general optimizations, the best solution is to cut out UNNECESSARY things being loaded. For example, when you get into the town you can see the portratis of notable NPC's for quick and easy acess...except it's not quick and easy. There is no need to...
Back
Top Bottom