SP - General Quests and feasts and towns

Users who are viewing this thread

QUESTS are dissapointing. Too linear, too predictable with no real options. And here are far too few of them!
Add some RNG so the quest can branch.

For example: Rescue Kidnapped Daughter quest. Let's say that if you take it, there's a 25% chance that the girl was really kidnapped (in which case there will be several thugs) and 75% chance she went willingly.
If she went willingly, you should be able to let them go if you persuasion failed, instead of being FORCED to attack (basically, add another option when the man speaks up and challeneges you to a duel. Something simple like "If you are willing to challenge me over her then you might be telling the truth. You can go!").
Also, if you fight with a blunt weapon and knock him out, the game should acknowledge that you didn't kill him.
The same principle for other quests. Basically branching possibilies, sometimes RNG decided, sometimes player started. When you start a quest, at least for some, you're not sure where it will take you.

And - need I say it? - MORE quests. Freeing prisoners, infiltrating towns, sabotaging granary, assassinating someone, following a spy, etc..

FESTS - bring them back. Hunting various lords and ladies is a CHORE and having them all gather in one place is a godsend. Not to mention that it reduces the warmongering a bit to have such pauses. Gives the player a chance to mingle, get quests, etc. Also, allows a grand tournament to be held.

TOWNS - gives us reason to want to go in. They are pretty, but add hidden things. Quests/events/items that can only be found by exploring the town. You might run into thugs trying to extort someone, a merchant with a shady offer, chests with some goodies inside, a wanderer wandering the streets, etc...

TOWNS - gives us reason to want to go in. They are pretty, but add hidden things. Quests/events/items that can only be found by exploring the town. You might run into thugs trying to extort someone, a merchant with a shady offer, chests with some goodies inside, a wanderer wandering the streets, etc...

Just to add onto Towns. They feel nearly lifeless. My wishlist for them while keeping in mind adding things to do:

-Add more people inside! (Scales with battlesize, how about?)
-Add more houses and shops outside and traffic coming in and out of the city with guards inspecting wagons. (wouldn't be a bad thing if these structures remained were in siege maps too)
-Randomly have a mounted patrol rush by as if there's a crisis somewhere (maybe if you interact with a mounted guardsman in time, you can join the patrol with your companion and kill some bandits outside of town)
-Have bowmen practicing archery against targets (I've seen some targets set up beyond the market in Vlandian cities). Challenge them to a contest to get some Bow XP.
-Run into a backstreet fight and make a bet that you can beat the winner >> win some money and XP in athletics, charm and some beer!
-Would like to see the Lord of the town patrolling with his/her vanguard occasionally. (You can talk to him)
- Some towns have worn down buildings... have workers there that you can interact with and offer a half day of labor to get some Engineering Skill (and maybe a few coins)
-There could be a hunter in the market where you can go hunt boar or deer with which in turns give you some Meat, some XP to whichever ranged weapon you use and perhaps some influence or relations with the local lord or notable for helping feed the populace. (Minigame from Viking Conquest that some people liked, others loathed)

I would hate to see Towns not being visited after all of the efforts put into creating them; they just need more life.

QUESTS are dissapointing. Too linear, too predictable with no real options. And here are far too few of them!
Add some RNG so the quest can branch.

For example: Rescue Kidnapped Daughter quest. Let's say that if you take it, there's a 25% chance that the girl was really kidnapped (in which case there will be several thugs) and 75% chance she went willingly.
If she went willingly, you should be able to let them go if you persuasion failed, instead of being FORCED to attack (basically, add another option when the man speaks up and challeneges you to a duel. Something simple like "If you are willing to challenge me over her then you might be telling the truth. You can go!").
Also, if you fight with a blunt weapon and knock him out, the game should acknowledge that you didn't kill him.
The same principle for other quests. Basically branching possibilies, sometimes RNG decided, sometimes player started. When you start a quest, at least for some, you're not sure where it will take you.

And - need I say it? - MORE quests. Freeing prisoners, infiltrating towns, sabotaging granary, assassinating someone, following a spy, etc..

FESTS - bring them back. Hunting various lords and ladies is a CHORE and having them all gather in one place is a godsend. Not to mention that it reduces the warmongering a bit to have such pauses. Gives the player a chance to mingle, get quests, etc. Also, allows a grand tournament to be held.

Just to add onto Towns. They feel nearly lifeless. My wishlist for them while keeping in mind adding things to do:

-Add more people inside! (Scales with battlesize, how about?)
-Add more houses and shops outside and traffic coming in and out of the city with guards inspecting wagons. (wouldn't be a bad thing if these structures remained were in siege maps too)
-Randomly have a mounted patrol rush by as if there's a crisis somewhere (maybe if you interact with a mounted guardsman in time, you can join the patrol with your companion and kill some bandits outside of town)
-Have bowmen practicing archery against targets (I've seen some targets set up beyond the market in Vlandian cities). Challenge them to a contest to get some Bow XP.
-Run into a backstreet fight and make a bet that you can beat the winner >> win some money and XP in athletics, charm and some beer!
-Would like to see the Lord of the town patrolling with his/her vanguard occasionally. (You can talk to him)
- Some towns have worn down buildings... have workers there that you can interact with and offer a half day of labor to get some Engineering Skill (and maybe a few coins)
-There could be a hunter in the market where you can go hunt boar or deer with which in turns give you some Meat, some XP to whichever ranged weapon you use and perhaps some influence or relations with the local lord or notable for helping feed the populace. (Minigame from Viking Conquest that some people liked, others loathed)

I would hate to see Towns not being visited after all of the efforts put into creating them; they just need more life.
Honestly, all of these would be great...

Back
Top Bottom