Search results for query: *

• Users: Momaw
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Momaw

Is this mod insane, or is it just me?

1.) Archers are ridiculously deadly.  My first two battles in N.E. resulted in arbitrary random deaths by archer:  the first time I got hit for 90 damage, the second time for 105 damage.  Both were hits in the head from a range where I didn't even realize I was under attack.  Random arbitrary...
  2. Momaw

Possible to make factional uniform colors?

I''ve wished for pretty much forever for a way to tell friend from foe on the battlefield aside from leaving labels on, which is ugly.  Having heraldry on shields helps a little, but not enough to turn off labels completely since all troops wear the same type of ARMOR, making friend and foe look...
  3. Momaw

Ideal number of equipment slots?

With all the new players lately from the commercial release, it would be interesting to see what people's thoughts are on the number of equipment slots they have.  It's been four slots since I started playing M&B, I think back on version 0.703, and I believe this is a pretty good number. It...
  4. Momaw

Another way to change your banner

Apparently there is a small mod that allows you to do this by changing a script file, presumably just be re-enabling the original choice.  Here's another way if for some reason that isn't satisfactory (there is a caution about not using it? dunno) Anyway. 1.) Always make a backup copy of files...
  5. Momaw

A tweak request... >_>

Since TheMageLord is like the master of editing raw scripts, I'm wondering if he'd consider trying something. The problem:  When fighting large battles together with allies, they charge off in all directions even when it makes no tactical sense to do, and tend to get raped by enemies whom they...
  6. Momaw

Request: faction wages

I was ordered to follow around my faction's marshall...  And I've got 150 highly trained, highly /paid/ men, who all want a weekly bag of cash.  I can't just wander around doing nothing for a couple weeks, I need income.  :evil:  I realize that the player collects taxes from his holdings, but...
  7. Momaw

Formations actually work!

I just downloaded this the other day, and holy crap: you can actually use tactics! And stuff!  Troops now do what you tell them, WHEN you tell them, instead of breaking ranks to wander halfway across the map My group is a about 2/5 archers, 1/5 swordsmen, 1/5 spears, and 1/5 cavalry.  We were...
  8. Momaw

Faction synergy?

Instead of which 1 faction is the best, what 2 factions are the best?  I'm playing as  Khergit, and I'm finding that a generous helping of Nords is very effetive.  The horse archers break the enemy formation, then the nords trot into the chaos and clean up the pieces.  High-end nords come with...
  9. Momaw

Why the bandits are welcome to raid the village:

Because if you try and get rid of the bandits, the completely useless farmers will get in the way, taking up valuable deployment space. 30 bandits versus 30 veteran military = win...  30 bandits versus 10 veteran military and 20 farmers = lose. This seriously needs to be fixed if there's to be...
  10. Momaw

Scale LOD as a function of framerate instead of distance

I really don't know anything about the technical aspects of this, but it seems like a good idea from a layman's perspective? The Level of Detail (LOD) system as it stands now reduces model complexity and texture resolution as a function of the object's range: the further away, the more it gets...
  11. Momaw

Salt should be worth more

Historically, salt was a fairly valuable commodity. It had to either be evaporated from seawater, mined, or gotten from hot springs that carried it up from below the ground.  All labor intensive. Salt was a minor luxury in most areas, the kind of thing you set out for your guests. As such, I...
  12. Momaw

Shield as armor

Have shields add to your armor rating versus melee attacks from your forward arc, even when you don't actively block with it.  The amount added would be based on your shield skill, the shield's speed and size, and your current encumberance. It should start at 1, and work up to maybe 20 for...
  13. Momaw

Two suggestions regarding poles.

First, redefine "polearm, no shield" weapon classs so that: 1.  Cannot be couched or used from horseback 2. Will stop a charging horse 3. Use the two-handed, close to body upright carry position And second, remove the speed/damage penalty for using "short polearms" with one hand, and, make...
  14. Momaw

Anybody fooled around with EAX?

M&B doesn't seem to natively support it, but at least on my old SB Live, it is possible to force the sound card to add an effect.  You won't get all the fancy positional stuff, but it does do interesting things. I'm wondering if anybody else has fooled around with this at all, possibly worked...
  15. Momaw

Start game as faction member

Instead of starting the game as a random nameless guy (or gal), consider giving the player the choice of starting as a member of one of the major factions. You get the equipment and some of the training that a member of that faction would get, at the cost of more enemies out for your blood.  If...
  16. Momaw

Proto-manual, v0.804

I had written a manual of sorts back for version 0.711.  Here's a newer, prettier version that I'm in the process of updating for the new version.  Does anybody have any corrections, additions, suggestions? http://chapterhouse2.nhvt.net/users/momaw/mbmanual/ I defiintely plan to add more...
  17. Momaw

Is the new front page too large?

The new front page look nice, yes.  It's also around 796kbytes in size.  The large mounted knight graphic is, all by itself, 400kbytes. Who else thinks this page size is excessive?
  18. Momaw

Experience bonus for class-based/randomized equipment

The player will be able to choose a "class", probably from the Character screen.  These should be all of the troop types present in the game or at least a broad selection.  The player should only be allowed to choose classes that they have got a high enough level for;  so you can't be level 2...
  19. Momaw

Non-absolute blocking

I got Oblivion a few days ago, like half the other people on the planet.  While I do have some severe complaints about it, I think it had a good idea about something: When you parry or block, it is "non-absolute".  That is, you still take some amount of damage from blocking even if you...
  20. Momaw

v0731 Error in number of troops spawned for allied battle

If you join a battle and choose to help your allies attack,  half the available troop slots are reserved for them even if they don't have enough troops to fill them.  Example, at battlesize 40, if they have one horseman then you will spawn 5 or 6 troops and they will spawn the one horseman and...
Back
Top Bottom