Search results for query: *

1. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

I am looking to start my second playthrough focusing  on the kingdom of Sarleon. I havn't had much luck in the past with Sarleon because their troops are not that strong if you ask me.

Can anyone tell me a good army make up that will allow me to do some good damage? I've had the problem in the past that my halberdiers just get slaughtered and I can't seem to find a good balance of troops.

I'm wishing to go 100% sarleon troops I won't be mixing any others in with them.
  2. Boredom sets in after massive amounts of honor troops obtained!

Sir Nickolas said:
    I think I read somewhere in either the suggestion thread or Quick Questions / Answers thread that Barclay, Mettenheim, Veccavia troops will be easier to obtain in 3.6, but they will be costly in some form. I don't know if that means Qualis Gems or simply a large amount of money.

I plan on doing the "foreigner" playthrough then, currently it is fairly difficult to get such an army in 3.5, save for a rare "Heartbeat" quest that apparently allows you to hire a lot of them at once, but I never got one of those...

I've never even heard of this "hearbeat" quest, does it just appear or do I have to talk to someone in a tavern for it?

I know you've never experienced it, but what have you heard about it?

Also I've decided to try and do a Jatu army and pretend I'm the Jatu destroying everything. I think the only way to do this playthrough would be to use cheats and cheatmenu though, unless someone can tell me if how to recruit regular Jatu to my army, I planned to ctrl+alt+f4 and then recruit them to my party and go on a rampage. Sadly that didn't work so I'm going to try gambling with qualis gems to get a big army.
  3. Boredom sets in after massive amounts of honor troops obtained!

I see, that "foregin" army does sound pretty dang interesting, too bad the only troops I have of those are the ones that volunteered to be mercenaries in my town. ^_^

Is there anyway to recruit the foreginers besides the random event of having them volunteer to be mercenaries in your town?
  4. Boredom sets in after massive amounts of honor troops obtained!

Alright, this game is so flippin awesome to start off. It took me probably a month in a half real life time to get where I'm at now. I've made my own kingdom and I own about 4 towns, and 8 castles, along with numerous villages. I'm getting bored because my force of 378 troops and other lords...
  5. Suggestion Thread for Post POP 3.6

You should make an "auto-buy food for feast" button so I don't have to search around everywhere for the food and drink!
  6. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Nope I don't have any quests in my log at all.
  7. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

How do I do the town quests? Because after a couple of the quests the option to ask for another quest did not appear again.
  8. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Does getting my relationship up with my villages and towns play a roll in anything? I got my village relationship all the way up to like 105 and now they're fiercely devoted to me, I decided to try and do the same thing with my town, but after a while the guildmaster does not have anymore jobs for me (The option "do you have any jobs for me" doesn't even appear anymore) is there a good way to get my relationship up with my town and what does that good relationship help out with?
  9. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

What is the best way to get a ton of prestige fast? I just made my own kingdom and I started the knighthood order of the griffon and I already used all my prestige on the immortals for when I was in the Empire. Also is it worth the immense amounts of prestige to upgrade my units every now and then?
  10. What do you love most about PoP?

WeetchKing said:
    "Hire from nearby villages"

OMG YES, this is my favorite part of prophecy of pendor, and the fact that sometimes you can get the random events at your town that allow you to hire mercenaries for a decent sum of money. Helps out SO much.
  11. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Same here, the empire is currently at peace with everyone and I'm sitting in my town twiddling my thumbs doing the occasional visit lady quest and being bored. ^_^
  12. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Alright after finally getting a successful game where I'm set money-wise and army wise I'm wondering when I should begin preparing to rebel.

I chose to fight with the Empire early in the game, and at this point in the game the Empire has totally defeated the D'Shar and there lords have changed to the empire, the empire has also taken laria, and a fiersdvain town. I'm wondering when I should get ready to rebel. The empire king has given me a town and castle (High Pass Castle and Nal Tar, they're pretty cut off from most of the map, so that's good)

My army of 285 consists of around 70-80 Empire Immortals, 20ish Empire Mortals, lots of Knights, nobleman, empire legionairre recruit or whatever, regular legionaires, and armored crossbowmen.

I've been trying to make friends in the Empire, but it has started to prove difficult because the chick I wanted to marry ended up rejecting me for another suitor, and when I talked to her brother and father they both got pissed off and I got like -40 relation with them. Not sure why seeing as I have a ton of renown and tons of honor because I've been befriending the Noldor lately.

Anyway, that's all the information I thought you would need right now, let me know if I need to tell you anything else. I would appreciate the insight on when to rebel and when not to. I'm asking this only because I don't want the Empire to end up controlling more than half the map and then they have so many lords it's almost impossible to defend or attack against their massive troop numbers.
  13. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

I obtained some veccavian mercenaries in a town, can anyone tell me if they're good warriors or not?
  14. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Lilly112 said:
    Just beat Wolfbode, but it didn't have the 'give me your armor and weapon' option. Has it been removed?

I beat him a while ago and I didn't have the option either so I don't think they have it anymore.
  15. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

I always win battles, and do you think it could be because I have some heritic worshippers, magnus, and some sarleon squire-at-arms in my empire based army?
  16. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Anyone have some tips on keeping my moral up? I have a big army of 285 (Mostly all Empire Immortals, Legionaires, and Armored Crossbowmen) with some random troops I picked up after battles that were good. I'm having trouble keeping enough food and stuff to please them and their moral keeps going down and every now and then a couple desert.
  17. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

I just had some veccavian mercenaries ask to be recruited at one of my towns, I recruited them and I'm wondering if they're any good for using in battle? If they are I'll bring em out of my garrison and own it up, but can someone give me some insight on how well they perform in a fight? thanks!
  18. Troop Training Questions, Starting Out

Thanks for the help guys, I've been playing hardcore and got some good troops now, along with a like 5k to spare so I'm doing better than I was, I hope I can continue improving!
  19. Troop Training Questions, Starting Out

Can you specify a good area of the map to train against the lower level bandits or should I just wander around until I encounter some. Also I read in the prophesy of pendor guide that the empire was very weak against the jatu, will I take a lot of casualties auto-calc'ing then because of the empire's weakness towards them?

One more question regarding my empire army, what type of troops should I focus the most on getting?
  20. Troop Training Questions, Starting Out

bishopbutters said:
    Talk to a Sarleon Lord, select "I wish to make peace with Sarleon"

-5 relation and no persuasion should cost you around 2-3k denars. Worth it to be able to trade effectly.

As for training first build an income base: \enterprises in every town. Then grab companions (Riva, Kassim, Julia, Adonja, Ansen are some of the lower level ones that won't cost much if anything). When they level up put all points into Intelligence and skillpoints into Training and whatever other skill you want (I go with path-finding and tatics)

Once you get the income and companions training shouldn't be to much of an issue.

Also you cannot pay for peace if you are a monarch. To bad for Sarleon in my playthrough. I converted Laria, Marleons, and Whitestag castle to me with no fighting and easily took both Valorshield and Haringoth Castles and they still don't want peace. I'd pay them but they just want to get crushed lol.

Are you saying I shouldn't even bother with troops until I get my companions together and stuff? I also don't even have 2-3k to buy my peace with Sarleon.
Back
Top Bottom