[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
lothario said:
korpah said:
is it correct that the more horses you have in your inventory the quicker your party moves?

also the more cav units (units or companions with horses) the quicker your party moves?

also the less weighted stuff in your inventory the quicker you move?
1. Yes, up to 6 will help, but all the horses do is reduce the speed penalty for when you are carrying around a lot of heavy stuff in your inventory. Note that it does not matter what kind of horses you have, or even if they are lamed... all that matters is that they are a horse. :smile:

2. Yes, the faster your units are, the faster your party will move. Having a bunch of cavalry makes you go faster than if you had the same amount of infantry.

3. Yes, carrying around a bunch of heavy stuff will slow you down, but see #1 above for how to reduce the penalty.

-Loth

Thanks for the info Loth thoughed as much but wanted to verify it, trying your version of Merchant :p so i got to dodge those deadly knight patrols, so far so good =) just bit of bad lucking finding the right companions atm but ill get there :wink:

Go get 'em, korpah! I wanna see some heads on pikes by sundown! :smile:
-Loth

PS Good luck with that char build... it's... humbling. Try not to break your keyboard when things go bad. LOL

My advise is to utilize the training grounds to at least get your weapons skills up to at least 100. If you are going to sink all of your attribute points into INT and CHR skills, it helps a lot to raise your weapon skills.

I just had some veccavian mercenaries ask to be recruited at one of my towns, I recruited them and I'm wondering if they're any good for using in battle? If they are I'll bring em out of my garrison and own it up, but can someone give me some insight on how well they perform in a fight? thanks!

going good so far with the build loth :wink:

but quick question,

what skills are needed for a good steward?

engineering?

and are there any other "people" you need to asign, if so what skills are best for them (so i got an indicator how to spec my companions besides training/tactics

Waldakoks said:
Silvermists -> when you up them they will be better archers then noldor. Also, they cost lest, and are faaar more easy to get.

Nothing is better than the noldor with bows in the continent/ country of Pendor. Human wise Silvermist are pretty much the best.

Anyone have some tips on keeping my moral up? I have a big army of 285 (Mostly all Empire Immortals, Legionaires, and Armored Crossbowmen) with some random troops I picked up after battles that were good. I'm having trouble keeping enough food and stuff to please them and their moral keeps going down and every now and then a couple desert.

AnddyiRaynor said:
Waldakoks said:
Silvermists -> when you up them they will be better archers then noldor. Also, they cost lest, and are faaar more easy to get.

Nothing is better than the noldor with bows in the continent/ country of Pendor. Human wise Silvermist are pretty much the best.

When you are talking about lore, then yes, if you are talking about mechanics, then no :grin: If there is no max upgrade for orders, then you can get silvermist to have 230894302 prof in archery so they will hit apple on the moon  using one foot and mouth and shoting from bow that was broken in half.

Winning battles help, but if you have a castle/ town request the supply baggage or w.e and try to keep plenty of food on you. If you have troops of a enemy nation they will have less morale.

Wrong @Waldakoks the max is about 699 at least for my imported character... I'm pretty sure it could go higher but I'm already at 15 weapon master... Soooo...

I always win battles, and do you think it could be because I have some heritic worshippers, magnus, and some sarleon squire-at-arms in my empire based army?

And noldor ranger have 400 prof in archery, so 699 silvermist is better archer. But they have ****ty armor, 41 for silvermist and 50+something for noldor. On the other hand, for 1 qualis you can have endless number of silvermists or 12 noldor wariors who eventually will upgrade to rangers. It all depends on what do you want :grin: Also, noldor shot slighty faster.

Lilly112 said:
Just beat Wolfbode, but it didn't have the 'give me your armor and weapon' option. Has it been removed?

I beat him a while ago and I didn't have the option either so I don't think they have it anymore.

Waldakoks said:
And noldor ranger have 400 prof in archery, so 699 silvermist is better archer. But they have ****ty armor, 41 for silvermist and 50+something for noldor. But for 1 qualis you can have endless number of silvermists or 12 noldor wariors who eventually will upgrade to rangers. It all depends on what do you want :grin: Also, noldor shot slighty faster.

Noldor's bow is better and in melee they are better. So... And we didn't even say which noldor we could be talking Noldor Twilight knights because to be frank Silvermists are upgraded Noble knights. Twilight knights have 600 prof's in all of their prof's and 57 str plus lvl 60, dunno what their power strike is but it has to be over 7 to use their bows.

It is 10 ironflesh and 9 power strike for noldor twilight knights. I didnt counted them as they are more like cavalry then archers. And for 1 qualis you will get only 3 of them. But yes, twilights are better archers :wink: Just slower when dehorsed, only 38 agi, when 699 prof silvermist will have 63.

EDIT: I think you had in mind power draw not strike :grin: It is also 9.

korpah said:
going good so far with the build loth :wink:

but quick question,

what skills are needed for a good steward?

engineering?

and are there any other "people" you need to asign, if so what skills are best for them (so i got an indicator how to spec my companions besides training/tactics

bump my unawnsered question (just to be shure)

Waldakoks said:
It is 10 ironflesh and 9 power strike for noldor twilight knights. I didnt counted them as they are more like cavalry then archers. And for 1 qualis you will get only 3 of them. But yes, twilights are better archers :wink: Just slower when dehorsed, only 38 agi, when 699 prof silvermist will have 63.

EDIT: I think you had in mind power draw not strike :grin: It is also 9.

You can tell them to get off their horses though and since they do have horses they are harder to kill you can kite them around the enemy and encircle the enemy and just fire those arrows ripping them apart while the silvermist pretty much have to wait and hope the calvary don't make it to their faces.

Can't answer your question @korpah, check ingame what the buildings require. I have maxed stats anyways so I never worry about it. I just worry about those 8-18 hours I waste on training the little dweebs.

korpah, there is a difference between a Minister (which you can assign one of your comps to) and a Steward (which is always a certain NPC attached to a location).

Having a minister with high skills does not do much for you, but a Steward with high skills is awesome to have... which is why you can schedule a training session with them to improve them. Just about every non-combat skill is important for them... but Engineering can be said to be the most important, since it determines how fast they can build stuff. Don't try having them build anything at a location you own until you have trained them up at least once to your current skill levels in your party!

-Loth

EDIT: ninja'd by Anddy

Whenever I fight a large army (E.G heretics) I get around 20 men with me and the enemy get hundreds of troops... is there some way I can ensure I get equal numbers on the field?

Rawb said:
Whenever I fight a large army (E.G heretics) I get around 20 men with me and the enemy get hundreds of troops... is there some way I can ensure I get equal numbers on the field?

Having the same amount of troops o ar leats not a lot less. If you are fighting armys by yourself of course you are going to be outnumbered. Battle advantage is a factor to considerate, it affects the amount of troops you will have, by having high tactis you will reduce the disvantage and bring some more troops but don't expect any miracles.  Better you can do is using proper tactis and troops for the army you are fighting (recomended), kitting then into some lords or other armys (the easiest way), or just farming renown until you get a big enough party size and the troops to fill it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom