Search results for query: *

• Users: AWdeV
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. What to do during christmas break

So. As some of you might know, I'm in the US o' A for the semester. The semester has almost run its course and now I find myself in the unfavourable position of having no transportation, no plans or ideas and 3-4 weeks of time to waste before my flight home. The closest I've come to having a...
  2. Trying to install diablo 1.

The installation is complete, was no issue. But it won't start. It shows the first part of the intro, then crashes with 2 crash messages without any explanation. I've tried several compatibility modes, I've tried reduced colormode, I've tried changing desktop resolution but nothing so far...
  3. Malware acquired. :(

Last thursday a highly suspect pop-up popped-up on my computer which had been idling for a few hours and I found the pop-up when I came back. It gave me some natter about updates but I found it suspicious because of the look of the thing and because of some weird typo's. I didn't want to click...
  4. Warnings

I just downloaded and installed a demo for ArtRage and after installation, on first start, it came up with a slew of unrecognised processes trying to start things. I blocked them all and the program seems to be running fine but does this mean anything? Is the installation infected or something?
  5. Gelukkig nieuwjaar!

Gelukkig nieuwjaar iedereen! Ik heb al iemand in dit eerste uur van het jaar voor teringlijer uit mogen maken! Alles een beetje mooi begonnen voor jullie?
  6. Protecting my new laptop

as title says. I haven't been on the internet proper yet and I was wondering how to best protect it and what programmes do I need. Which browser is safest? Malwarebytes, is that worth paying for? McAfee? Avast? Do they work together or interfere with one another? Is regularily using ccleaner a...
  7. Brazilian unions

Perhaps a peculiar question but I'm doing a school project regarding Brazil and I was wondering whether our fine forumites from that area could shine their light on brazilian unions. Unions in general as well as how these unions relate to the government and to companies (the oil sector is what...
  8. Issues with Skype & with tablet.

As title says. I have two teensy problems that I have no idea of how to deal with. First is that skype totally refuses to log in. If I open skype it goes to the first screen but it never reaches a log-in screen and as such I can't log in. The only way I have to access skype is on my phone and...
  9. My phone is borked.

My smartphone is broken. It's stuck in a reboot loop after it had shut itself own. I took it to the store and they told me to go to miniinthebox and buy some doodad there which would tell the phone to stop memory dumping or some **** like that. They said it was called a jg or something like that...
  10. FrisianDude's laptop is borked.

As title says. His keyboard doesn't work properly anymore. Oddly enough, a few keys do work, but the vast majority don't. "H, y, t, /" those work, the rest doesn't. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? It's a HP pavillion g-series with windows 7.
  11. Laptop problems.

As the title says. They are, however, not my problems. Yesterday morning, I got a phonecall from FrisianDude if I could find some information on the internet on how to fix his laptop as it refused to boot up anymore. It tries but it doesn't get anywhere before it tries again, etc. It did work...
  12. Help, I got in an argument on the internet!

Help! I'm an idiot and got in an argument with an idiot! We were discussing a fictional material to be made into swords and he claims the material is particularily suited for katanas and I think he is wrong but I'm not sure and I really don't know how to explain! Please Taleworlds, give me...
  13. Very minor issue, but slightly annoying nonetheless.

There is a minor issue I've ran afoul of several times now and that is the search function and it's 5-second limit.  I don't really understand why there's a limit in the first place, but it's usually not a big problem. It kind of conflicts very oddly with the "you may have meant *minor...
  14. My laptop is on the verge of dying a fiery death and I'd much prefer it didn't!

So, yeah. My laptop has recently taken to becoming insanely hot and I have no clue what causes it. Its probably to do with the power-thingy as mentioned elsewhere but is there any way I can reduce the speed at which it heats up? I've been at the computer for an hour now roughly, doing nothing...
  15. Miniem petietietje.

Hallo allemaal, om maar even met de deur in huis te vallen: Het Nederlandse kabinet heeft meerdere stomme dingen afgesproken, maar dit spant eigenlijk wel de kroon. Het is kennelijk de bedoeling van Rutte, Verhagen en ander ongedierte om enorme boetes rond te strooien mocht iemand een jaar meer...
  16. A trio of nasty messages.

I suppose this goes here as it has to do with my Warband. (trial version at the moment). I played it two days ago and it was fine, I played Vanilla M&B yesterday for a while and today I wanted to play my trial again. The intro-thingy (culminating in Paradoxes' icon being all glowy) started...
  17. [bug/question]

Yesterday, when I downloaded the newest version I played with fun and no problems,but I just tried to boot up Warband again and it gave me this error several times: After I closed the game yesterday I did get a warning I hadn't properly installled it (although I was sure I did), are these...
  18. A little suggestion concerning (free) shields.

This is really rather a minor suggestion but I think it'd be nice if people lost the ability to acquire more than one free shield. Although it doesn't happen too often it's well possible that someone playing, say, swadian infantry pops into the game carrying three shields and his standard sword...
  19. An oddity.

I have a really odd problem in the game: Third-person works fine, always but if/when I try to switch to first-person (which makes shooting so much more enjoyable) it only occassionally works. More often than simply working it starts to flip out. It's a bit difficult to describe but suffice to...
  20. A quick question about Gothic Armour.

http://ageofarmour.deviantart.com/art/Gothic-Armour-Full-View-91257238 The boots. I was wondering whether boots this pointy were actually used and, if yes, what they would be used for. Would they be used for kicking peasants in the face, couched boot damage or just decoration? This probably...
Back
Top Bottom