A trio of nasty messages.

Users who are viewing this thread

AWdeV

Duke
I suppose this goes here as it has to do with my Warband. (trial version at the moment).
I played it two days ago and it was fine, I played Vanilla M&B yesterday for a while and today I wanted to play my trial again. The intro-thingy (culminating in Paradoxes' icon being all glowy) started playing without sound. This was puzzling, but not traumatic. However, after canceling the intro (seen it plenty of times) I got a trio of error messages and then the game gave up trying to start. I tried it thrice, got angry, tried it a fourth time and took pictures.

These are the bastards; how can I fix/circumvent them?
In order of appearance, they are:
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/3888/sodding****xf.jpg

Would this still apply when I've got the full version? If not, can I fix this before Paypal finishes with the transaction?

Edit: It's version 1.105, if that matters.

EDIT AGAIN; THE SAME DAMN ERROR FOR M&B VANILLA.

Daamn. I'm beginning to think my relatively new laptop is borked. Other games refuse to start too, even though they don't give stupid errors.

The first two are DirectX related. Try updating that.

Also, look for updated drivers for both the graphics card and the display. Those are usually strange models in laptops. Google SiSoft Sandra and get the free version to try to identify them if you see a generic 'plug and play monitor' or anything else vague in your display properties.

Allright thanks. I'll give it a shot. It's odd though; beta's worked fine and this trial had worked fine before though. :???:

Now, this is really odd. As my paypal transaction is due today I figured I'd fix this now so I went and looked up SiSoft Sandra, while doing that I went to see if the problem still ocurred.

It didn't. It ran smoothly, with sounds and with everything properly running. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom