An oddity.

Users who are viewing this thread

AWdeV

Duke
I have a really odd problem in the game: Third-person works fine, always but if/when I try to switch to first-person (which makes shooting so much more enjoyable) it only occassionally works. More often than simply working it starts to flip out. It's a bit difficult to describe but suffice to say it's horribly annoying and often dangerous for my character because while my character is having his odd seizures, the enemies can simply approach.

As I said, it doesn't always happen but when it does it's terribly annoying. I've also tried searching for a solution but haven't as of yet found one. (I did see an awful lot of threads about sound missing which also occasionally happened to me)

Is there any way to fix this or do I just need to live with it?

I've remapped it thrice so that obviously isn't the answer.

Editsy: Anyway; Visual aids:
Those exaggerated white things you see are part of the reticle and they grew in the normal way with keeping a bow pulled for too long; the only thing that actually happened with the character was that the reticule grew so ridiculously

And this is what happened in a one-on-one fight with a manhunter, I took two screenshots here just to show the effect on the text. Again; the text was the only thing that visibly happened although canceling the "firstperson-view" made it all go back to normall, as if the time-hiccup never happened (ie, the manhunter was now standing behind me, as that was where he would be if this nonsense hadn't happened.

Looks like an issue with the installation of the game itself. Have you tried a reinstallation? I assume that the remapping was of the key to change to first-person.

try re-installing mount&blade and if you have mods you may want to make a back-up because I don't know if it deletes them or not, it has worked for me so far so unless I have just gotten lucky it should work.

Heh. Thanks all. it'd be a shame to lose my running game but apparently it doesn't. (which I actually knew but wanted to make sure.  :oops:)

Back
Top Bottom