Search results for query: *

1. JDeNef13

Reenactors Unite!

1er_Gren_Mr_T said:
    Great ducomentary! Gave me some precious info for when I start reenacting :smile:
    Yeah, really liked it too. The journalist did a great job. Nice to see the camp life and all that.
    BetaKnight said:
    Its ok. I dont know what type of unit that is but ok...
    I bet it's the uniform of the 27th Batallion Dutch Jaegers.
  2. JDeNef13

Reenactors Unite!

Documentary from RussiaToday of the Borodino reenactment (25 minutes):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hZUxHBsnhw
  3. JDeNef13

The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Captured Joe said:
    JDeNef13 said:
    Captured Joe said:
    The accompanying text in the book reads:
    Here for instance is an example of what happened at Agen. The Prefet organised a great ball and invited neither the officers of the 10th Hussars [Lasalle's regiment] nor their Colonel. Very much put out, Lasalle did not hesitate and entered the ball with his hussars. Very quickly he cleared the whole place out: cloths, dishes, bottles, sweets were thrown very calmly from the window by the men of the 10th.
      The Prefet's official protest was sent to Paris and arrived on Bonaparte's desk who apparently said: "It takes just a signature to make a Prefet; it takes longer than twenty years to make a Lasalle!" Conclusion: Lasalle got thirty days' Guardroom and the Prefet was moved elsewhere.
    I think I have the same book lying around. :lol: I recognize the drawing. Can't recall the name of the book ATM.
    "Soldiers and Uniforms of Napoleonic Wars"?

Also, I feel obliged to commend that one of the few people here, who kept on-topic and didn't join the pointless trolling about the Balkan Country you-know-what, was Agovic.
    I have the French version called: Soldats et Uniformes du Premier Empire. Mostly French uniforms, last pages a few Allied ones. French foreign legions (Croats,...) are included too. Great source.
  4. JDeNef13

Country

Vive la France et vive l'Empereur! :smile:
  5. JDeNef13

Captured Joe said:
    The accompanying text in the book reads:
    Here for instance is an example of what happened at Agen. The Prefet organised a great ball and invited neither the officers of the 10th Hussars [Lasalle's regiment] nor their Colonel. Very much put out, Lasalle did not hesitate and entered the ball with his hussars. Very quickly he cleared the whole place out: cloths, dishes, bottles, sweets were thrown very calmly from the window by the men of the 10th.
      The Prefet's official protest was sent to Paris and arrived on Bonaparte's desk who apparently said: "It takes just a signature to make a Prefet; it takes longer than twenty years to make a Lasalle!" Conclusion: Lasalle got thirty days' Guardroom and the Prefet was moved elsewhere.
    I think I have the same book lying around. :lol: I recognize the drawing. Can't recall the name of the book ATM.
  6. JDeNef13

Rangerplus10 said:
    It's hilarious that a single city like Wurrtemberg was able to field it's own army, or was even independent.
    Certain "states" in the Confederation were that small, they couldn't even provide troops. They paid neighbouring kingdoms/states to field forces in their name. Just read about it in the uniform encyclopedia by Digbey Smith: An Illustrated Encyclopedia of Uniforms of the Napoleonic Wars. Highly recommendable source!
  7. JDeNef13

Reenactors Unite!

Was able to wear a French fusilier uniform today. A relative knows somebody who works for television/theater, and by chance that there were some Napoleonic uniforms available. The tailor who is fixing my uniform uses it to copy the components of the uniform. I'll hopefully can get a contact with the theater tailor of that uniform if they are willing to sell me one. The uniform was spot on, you could notice it was a copy because you had to close the front with paperclip like hooks. But once I had it on, you couldn't say if it was a remake. Buttons were right, good fabrics. It wasn't a 1812 model however, it looked like this one: http://corpsutler.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/dsc03439.jpg.w300h533.jpg

Only thing I didn't expect was that it was pretty heavy to wear, although this uniform was slightly too big. Would have bought it at an instance though! :grin:
  8. JDeNef13

Reenactors Unite!

More Malmaison:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUL-8Int0CE
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOE_2Q7rwO0
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-XD2Asipo8
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6fNcWH8K8g
  9. JDeNef13

Any good series?

Lithuanian duke said:
    Talking about films, there is an upcoming russian film this fall, called "The Ballad of Uhlans". The plot is set during the time of Borodino battle. Maybe this can offer us more battlefield action. :grin:
    I remember reading about that film on IMDB. Looked nice.
    Captured Joe said:
    JDeNef13 said:
    Other news: this year, the movie "Lines of Wellington" will be released, with John Malkovich as Wellesley. Set in Portugal/Spain, showing of his campaign against marshal Massena in the year 1810. Will be released as a series also. http://www.linesofwellington.com/en/lines_wellington_home.php
    Hell, is that the guy who played Taylerrand in the Napoleone series? :shock:
    Also, I saw pics of Portugese Cacadores! :grin:
    Yeah, Malkovich played Talleyrand in the Napoleon miniseries. Noticed the Caçadores too. Only thing I fear will be the lack of battles. However, the quality looks great. The actor who plays Massena is like spot on IMO. Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeRqqgyKvho
  10. JDeNef13

Any good series?

Other movies I can think of are Goya's Ghosts and Le colonel Chabert. Ofcourse there's The Duelists too.

Other news: this year, the movie "Lines of Wellington" will be released, with John Malkovich as Wellesley. Set in Portugal/Spain, showing of his campaign against marshal Massena in the year 1810. Will be released as a series also. http://www.linesofwellington.com/en/lines_wellington_home.php
  11. JDeNef13

Reenactors Unite!

Huge batch of photographs of the Battle of Borodino event (more coming next couple of days):
    http://napoleon-monuments.eu/Napoleon1er/Borodino20120901.htm

Great website concerning news/events around the Napoleonic era (mostly French however): http://napoleon-monuments.eu/
  12. JDeNef13

[Community Game] Napoleonic Wars nations warfare

French Empire - 36 points
    Russian Empire - 33 points
    United Kingdom - 43 points
    Kingdom of Prussia - 33 points
    Austrian Empire - 34 points
    Bonapartist Spain - 22 points
    Duchy of Warsaw - 31 points
    Ottoman Empire - 27 points
    Kingdom of Italy - 25 points
    Kingdom of Sweden - 45 points
    Kingdom of Denmark - 28 points
    Kingdom of the Netherlands - 44 points
    Kingdom of Bavaria - 47 points
    Duchy of Wurtemburg - 21 points
    Swiss Conf. - 31 points
  13. JDeNef13

Reenactors Unite!

More Malmaison videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOuN_KZkzzk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk-IvfjITfw

Austerlitz event (past August):
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMGi3mqBUls
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2UYJv3sXEc
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ejICRII_DU
  14. JDeNef13

French Empire - 33 points
    Russian Empire - 34 points
    United Kingdom - 39 points
    Kingdom of Prussia - 31 points
    Austrian Empire - 30 points
    Bonapartist Spain - 23 points
    Duchy of Warsaw - 31 points
    Ottoman Empire - 25 points
    Kingdom of Italy - 26 points
    Kingdom of Sweden - 45 points
    Kingdom of Denmark - 28points
    Kingdom of the Netherlands - 43 points
    Kingdom of Bavaria - 45 points
    Duchy of Wurtemburg - 24 points
    Swiss Conf. - 31 points
    Kingdom of Naples - 12 points
  15. JDeNef13

French Empire - 33 points
    United Kingdom - 42 points
    Kingdom of Prussia - 29 points
    Austrian Empire - 29 points
    Bonapartist Spain - 23 points
    Dutchy of Warsaw - 28 points
    Ottoman Empire - 26 points
    Kingdom of Sweden - 39 points
    Kingdom of Denmark - 29 points
    Kingdom of Bavaria - 44 points
    Swiss Conf. - 32 points
    Kingdom of Naples - 20 points
  16. JDeNef13

Reenactors Unite!

Leipzig, probably as visitor. Hoping to go!

Any tips for my shako? :smile:

Impressions of the Imperial Jubilee event at Malmaison:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMVR293dtZA
  17. JDeNef13

French Empire - 31 points
    United Kingdom - 42 points
    Kingdom of Prussia - 27 points
    Austrian Empire - 28 points
    Kingdom of Spain - 11 points
    Bonapartist Spain - 25 points
    Dutchy of Warsaw - 28 points
    Ottoman Empire - 28 points
    Kingdom of Sweden - 34 points
    Kingdom of Denmark - 29 points
    Kingdom of Bavaria - 42 points
    Swiss Conf. - 25 points
    Kingdom of Naples - 24 points
  18. JDeNef13

Reenactors Unite!

Came back yesterday from Paris. Imperial Jubilee of Napoleon and Joséphine: 200 reenactors, thousands of visitors, free entrance into Malmaison and the Château de Bois Préau, Imperial market (weapons, uniforms, gadgets,...). Mark Schneider as Napoleon, he really is the Emperor! :eek: :smile:

Bought my French grenadier shako (pompon, cords, plate, chinscales,... see pictures) for €150! Only have to adjust it to my head (it's slighty too big right now). Would filling the shako up with cloth/paper do the trick, or do I have to adjust the size inside with a leather strip of sorts (need reenactor tips on this)?

Warning, large pictures ahead!!!
    -7029.jpg

-7027.jpg
  19. JDeNef13

[M] CONQUEST - The Struggle for World Domination (old thread)

Why is the server locked? Need to enter TS for pw?
  20. JDeNef13

[M] CONQUEST - The Struggle for World Domination (old thread)

It's funny how people would want to see every musket era themed mod to be a bastard version of NW. There wouldn't be NW weren't it for Warband. And there are plenty of musket mods who run on Warband. Don't overrate NW please.
Back
Top Bottom