The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
milloan said:
Docm30 said:
Irish and Cherokee to be exact. Though I don't really consider myself to be anything but Canadian.

Anyway, three years after starting on it, I've finally finished my French Year XI 12-pdr. For the time being it is just a prop (i.e. DON'T ask how it works), though I'd like to have it atleast fire during sieges and maybe be useable by the player.

Behold the huge, format-breaking image!
12poundcannon.jpg

I've really got to start pumping out more scene-props so I can start taking some sceners.

I'm wondering how the Mount and Musket people got those cannons to work, because you haven't found out yet and anyone who can work on the same project for 3 years obviously has the attention span of a genius.

....................................... Oh my god my braincells.

Docm30 said:
And now for the latest uniform I've finished, which also happens to be the classiest (and my favourite) Russian uniform of the era --- The Life-Guard Cossacks!

Unlike the other Cossacks, these chaps were a regular and permanent regiment that received the same training as the rest of the Russian cavalry. Though they didn't see a whole lot of combat, they performed with great ability when they did. These men were a far cry from the kinds of Cossacks that would send a rude letter to an Ottoman sultan.

*snip*
russianguardcossack.jpg

Now the only Russian troops remaining are the Hussars. I just need to decide which hideous regiment to choose. Maybe the Sumy regiment just for the sheer awfulness of a bright yellow and blue combination.

Also, how come Austria is getting trounced in the voting? I suspect it might be due to my not having posted screenshots of them in ages. This shall change soon enough.

Thanks.
I would be very interested to see some wires for this, I'm interested in what your retopo looks like.

milloan said:
Docm30 said:
Irish and Cherokee to be exact. Though I don't really consider myself to be anything but Canadian.

Anyway, three years after starting on it, I've finally finished my French Year XI 12-pdr. For the time being it is just a prop (i.e. DON'T ask how it works), though I'd like to have it atleast fire during sieges and maybe be useable by the player.

Behold the huge, format-breaking image!

Gabions and Barricades by Harry_
12pounderingame.jpg

12poundcannon.jpg

I've really got to start pumping out more scene-props so I can start taking some sceners.

I'm wondering how the Mount and Musket people got those cannons to work, because you haven't found out yet and anyone who can work on the same project for 3 years obviously has the attention span of a genius.

ONE INPORTANT QUESTION... WILL WE BE ABLE TO USE THESE BABIES IN SIEGES?

its getting a bit creepy with vincenzo visiting this thread once every while and never posting  :lol:

What would be possible to do is make guns buyable in the shops, and with them comes 1 man ( that just stands behind the cannon or next to it =D )... Add in another "troop group" ( like in native there's infantry, archers & cavalry to choose when commanding ), and than you hold F1 to show where you want them to fire, and every minute or less ( how much did it take to reload??? ) it drops a huge amount of smoke and blows up the place you had set it to attack..... Of course, there should be something scripted for their experience, bigger experience gives faster reload & accuracy :smile:

Rangerplus10 said:
It's hilarious that a single city like Wurrtemberg was able to field it's own army, or was even independent.
Certain "states" in the Confederation were that small, they couldn't even provide troops. They paid neighbouring kingdoms/states to field forces in their name. Just read about it in the uniform encyclopedia by Digbey Smith: An Illustrated Encyclopedia of Uniforms of the Napoleonic Wars. Highly recommendable source!

Agovic said:
What would be possible to do is make guns buyable in the shops, and with them comes 1 man ( that just stands behind the cannon or next to it =D )... Add in another "troop group" ( like in native there's infantry, archers & cavalry to choose when commanding ), and than you hold F1 to show where you want them to fire, and every minute or less ( how much did it take to reload??? ) it drops a huge amount of smoke and blows up the place you had set it to attack..... Of course, there should be something scripted for their experience, bigger experience gives faster reload & accuracy :smile:
Get coding, my man.

JDeNef13 said:
Rangerplus10 said:
It's hilarious that a single city like Wurrtemberg was able to field it's own army, or was even independent.
Certain "states" in the Confederation were that small, they couldn't even provide troops. They paid neighbouring kingdoms/states to field forces in their name. Just read about it in the uniform encyclopedia by Digbey Smith: An Illustrated Encyclopedia of Uniforms of the Napoleonic Wars. Highly recommendable source!

The L'Aigle thread - It's educational!

Docm30 said:
Agovic said:
Get coding, my man.

If I already wasn't doing my best for the 1812-1815, using all knowledge I have, I would... Still, kinda uncomparable to what you have done =P

JDeNef13 said:
Rangerplus10 said:

I have that book, it's really good and fairly accurate, though its drawings are sometimes VERY like that of Osprey...same regiment and pose, almost copied  :roll:
Still, he completely left out the Dutch, including those who fought for Britian, except for naming them. Bit unfair.

Agovic, I think Docm tried to introduce you to something, commonly known as sarcasm.

(Wee! First post in a mod I've been following since not long after it started but have just been lurking - the poll was making me too curious, so I registered to have a squizz. Poor Austria, and they're the army I do in 28mm as well :sad: )

JDeNef13 said:
Rangerplus10 said:

There were other small states fortunate enough to lead countless future people down the rabbit hole trying to determine whether or not their cavalry really existed!

I refer of course to this magnificent Saxe-Weimar Hussar

knoe04_54.jpg

And although making them recruitable/into troops of any way would be rank foolishness, if Docm ever considers taking companion suggestions I'd like to propose one of these mysterious chaps who's fallen on hard times.

Captured Joe said:
I'm in love with that... Shako, or Mirliton, or whatever he wears on his head. <3

My favourite part is how the braid is not entirely unlike having a child's skipping rope wrapped around ones hat  :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom