Reenactors Unite!

Users who are viewing this thread

I understand in confusion but why mix emh up if there supposed to be in a reg controlled by a specific officer controlled by a general imagine going with your riflemen regiment and you only have half of them as riflemen and the rest is line infantry...

Ill go look deeper

oh Historical
Heaving a head ache today cant stand much after modelling so much stuff

Edit:
Yes, I will use them after this head-ache

Okay, hope your headache goes over!

A good example here is the 5th bat, 60th foot. They were all rifles, but they NEVER fought together - they were always connected to either a regiment or a brigade which needed a couple of rifles. At the other side, French very often took all the voltigeur companies of a (often big, like a brigade- or division-size) formation, and formed them together to have a big elite light infantry regiment - and the French light infantry was already excellent.

To make things more effective, when the situation needed it.

A few examples, from Napoleonistky

-According to Austrian historian Rothenberg in Wagram Colonel Sainte-Croix with 2,500 voltigeurs (!) and 10 guns were ordered to cross the Danube River and establish a small bridgehead. The voltigeurs were carried in specially constructed barges also with bulletproof shielding. The surprised Austrians offered little opposition with only their jagers operating in small clumps in the woods had fought well. (Rothenberg - "The Emperor's Last Victory" pp 158-159)
-In 1812 before the three bridges were thrown over the Niemen River, 3 companies of voltigeurs of 13th Light Regiment crossed silently in skiffs and landed on the Russian bank. They took cover behind a little escarpment formed by the river and looked for the enemy's scouts and light artillery.
-At Shevardino 1812, six companies of voltigeurs in skirmish order "covering themselves as much as possible, were ordered to keep a constant fire on the [Russian] artillery men at the guns on the redoubt. ... A battalion [of infantry] was placed in rear of the knoll to support the voltigeurs." (- Gourgaud)

so is anyone on this thread from the Uk in an reinactment society? If so where?

I want to join a reinatctoment group but theres none near where i live

Cosmic_Nate said:
so is anyone on this thread from the Uk in an reinactment society? If so where?

I want to join a reinatctoment group but theres none near where i live
I am. Cpl in the 21eme Regiment de Ligne.

Documentary from RussiaToday of the Borodino reenactment (25 minutes):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hZUxHBsnhw

JDeNef13 said:
Documentary from RussiaToday of the Borodino reenactment (25 minutes):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hZUxHBsnhw

Great ducomentary! Gave me some precious info for when I start reenacting :smile:

1er_Gren_Mr_T said:
Great ducomentary! Gave me some precious info for when I start reenacting :smile:
Yeah, really liked it too. The journalist did a great job. Nice to see the camp life and all that.
BetaKnight said:
Its ok. I dont know what type of unit that is but ok...
I bet it's the uniform of the 27th Batallion Dutch Jaegers.

JDeNef13 said:
I bet it's the uniform of the 27th Batallion Dutch Jaegers.

König said:
I bet it's for the Pupilles De La Garde.  :wink:

I'm sorry Köning, it's indeed the field cap of the '27ste Jagers'. I deserted the pupilles in the final hours of a no-public re-enactment (With permission of my officer, off course. Not going to do that stuff randomly) and finally ended up in the 27th. Which is historical accurate! Multiple Pupilles deserted their regiments (many had already been repositioned in a young guard regiment) in '13/14 and joined up in the new Dutch army. Even a full 400 man battalion of Pupilles switched service (After Napoleons abdication).

It was nice running with the enemy for once  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom