Search results for query: *

• Users: DerHerbst
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. DerHerbst

Viking Museum NYC!

It's been a long time since I prowled this forum.  Unfortunately been too busy to even try out the Reforged edition but I'm looking forward to picking the rust off my sword : )  What better way to get back into the spirit of the age than this!  Anyone near NYC should check it out I heard it's...
  2. DerHerbst

Aescesdun Battle Question (spoilers of course)

Is there a set number of men on both sides of the battle?  I brought 200 men to the fight on the side of the vikings.  My men and I managed to kill ~700 Saxons before they were wiped out.  Losses so far are about 300 Danes vs 700 Saxons.  The battle kept raging but I was knocked out by a javelin...
  3. DerHerbst

Douar-en-Enez Help (Spoilers Obviously)

So I finally played the storyline through to Douar-en-Enez as a pagan siding with Northymbreland.  I and was passed into the .  However, I don't know how to disembark my men without them all drownng right off the beach.  Any help? Thanks!
  4. DerHerbst

Restoring Prisoner Prices to 1.03

So I decided to restore prisoner prices to pre-1.04 values.  I believe selling people into slavery should be lucrative.  At least the price of a slave should be more than smoked fish  :lol:  I figured just copy and paste the 1.03 code into the 1.04 scripts file and it seems to work without...
  5. DerHerbst

9th Century Anglo-Saxon Medicine Update

Not too bad for the Dark Ages http://m.bbc.com/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-32117815
  6. DerHerbst

Islamic Militants Capture Beloved Member of Dev Team

http://m.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-32100644 According to BBC news Idibil has been captured after a long battle.  1.04 is forever on hold...we pray for his return
  7. DerHerbst

The Lord of Vik-lo

I just learned that James Nelson's 3rd installment of the Norsemen Saga will be released tomorrow!!!  It's called the Lord of Vik-lo. http://www.jameslnelson.com/ I read the first two books and was very impressed --- especially for a rather unknown author.  I've read just about everything there...
  8. DerHerbst

AI Always on the Offensive in 1.03?

Hey I just updated to 1.03 from 1.0 last night and it has been great so far!  I didn't encounter any bugs in 1.0 aside from some sea-kings getting stuck here and there.  However, the performance in 1.03 is dramatically improved and runs as smooth as anything else I've played on the MB platform. ...
  9. DerHerbst

Help with Recruiting Viking Bands

Hi all, after searching the forum I am looking for a definitive answer to this question: How can you recruit viking bands?  I am talking about the neutral faction Viking bands roaming the English countryside (Norweigan/Swedish/Danish bands).  From what I've read elsewhere, it seems that your...
  10. DerHerbst

AI Behavior in Special Scenes (Possible Spoilers)

So I finally got around to attacking Odin's Cave and that Ring of Stones in NW Britain (the one with the Swedish Vikings).  In both scenes, I found it very easy to beat the AI even on hardest difficulty settings and all realism options enabled.  I have the "defensive AI" option enabled and I was...
  11. DerHerbst

Dear Dev Team: Any Plans for a Guide?

Hey I know you guys are working full-time on patching the game etc. but I was curious if you plan on releasing a companion guide to the game in the future?  There are so many new features in VC that are mysterious or not fully explained.  For instance, I didn't even know special attributes...
  12. DerHerbst

Question About Odin's Cave in Sandbox Mode (SPOILER ALERT!)

I was wondering what items you are supposed to get in Odin's Cave?  Does anyone know the definitive answer? I've seen various posts about the cave and some mention getting a sword and an axe while others mention a sword only.  Are the prizes different in story and sandbox mode? I recently...
  13. DerHerbst

Neat Trick

I almost always start out as a warrior and earn money/experience fighting weak bandits like thieves/ruffians.  However, playing with formations/fatigue is a little bit annoying as I have to run across the battlefield each time to kill 3-4 bandits.  I found a nice way to save some time without...
  14. DerHerbst

Changing the Garrison Wage Bonus

Hey all I am trying to figure out how to increase the wage bonus for garrisoned troops.  I believe the wage reduction is 50% by default but I'm not sure where to change it in the module.  I'd like to increase the wage reduction to about 75% if possible.  I tried doing a bunch of forum searches...
  15. DerHerbst

Help Making Scabbards Work!

I am going crazy trying to figure out why my new sword/scabbard combos are not working properly!  I have previously made scabbards for swords with no problems but I can't figure out what's going wrong here.  I didn't make these swords/scabbards myself...they are OSP materials that I am combining...
  16. DerHerbst

Formations Bug or Just Me?

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this pesky little bug.  I am playing as freelancer in a king's army. I am playing with formations turned on.  At the start of each battle, both friendly and enemy AI armies are arranged in a deep rectangular formation resembling a deep shieldwall. ...
  17. DerHerbst

Going on Crusade and Your Village Improvements etc.

Hey I was wondering what happens to your properties when you take leave and go on crusade?  I know that your properties are temporarily given to the king and you get them back when your done crusading. I am wondering specifically what happens to any construction projects during that time? ...
  18. DerHerbst

Weird Lance Compositions and Fortification Upgrades?

I've been playing a campaign recreating the story behind the Arn the Knight Templar book series.  I am now a powerful vassal of Sweden owning Upsalir village and Upsalir castle (which I built). (1)  I don't know if village relations affects lance recruitment but I'm getting some weird results. ...
  19. DerHerbst

Questions from a Veteran Player

Hey I've been playing this mod for years but I still have some questions I hope the forum can answer... 1)  I was wondering if anyone out there knows how to get your "spearmen" to switch to their 1H weapons?  I am playing as a Swedish lord and it appears that most Armored and Experienced...
  20. DerHerbst

Teutonic Order/Northern Crusade Documentaries???

I was hoping someone out there could point me to any documentaries about the Teutonic Order and/or the Northern Crusades.  I literally own in the hundreds of documentaries about the medieval and dark ages but I've never been able to find any documentaries about these topics.  I've managed to...
Back
Top Bottom