AI Always on the Offensive in 1.03?

Users who are viewing this thread

DerHerbst

Knight
Hey I just updated to 1.03 from 1.0 last night and it has been great so far!  I didn't encounter any bugs in 1.0 aside from some sea-kings getting stuck here and there.  However, the performance in 1.03 is dramatically improved and runs as smooth as anything else I've played on the MB platform.  Keep up the good work!

Unfortunately, it seems that the AI never takes the defensive position in 1.03.  I messed around with the "prevent AI from taking defensive" option with no noticeable changes.  During every battle the AI just charges. 

Is this just me?  I couldn't find any similar issues on a forum search.

Thanks!

DerHerbst said:
Hey I just updated to 1.03 from 1.0 last night and it has been great so far!  I didn't encounter any bugs in 1.0 aside from some sea-kings getting stuck here and there.  However, the performance in 1.03 is dramatically improved and runs as smooth as anything else I've played on the MB platform.  Keep up the good work!

Unfortunately, it seems that the AI never takes the defensive position in 1.03.  I messed around with the "prevent AI from taking defensive" option with no noticeable changes.  During every battle the AI just charges. 

Is this just me?  I couldn't find any similar issues on a forum search.

Thanks!

do they have a leader? are they in numerical superiority? Bandits almost always charge, but lords who have less troops than you often stay on the defensive.

In 1.0 it didn't seem to matter one way or the other.  No matter how many men were in my party or the enemy's party, the AI always took the defensive unless I disabled that option.  The exception being parties composed of archers or horsemen only, which always charged.  In 1.0 I could solo attack 50 Elite Danish Vikings and they would not charge.  Now they charge even if I have 100 men in my party.  I assume something in the game was changed no? 

I can't speak for lord party behavior as I haven't played long enough to attack a lord's army. 

There were some changes to formations and battle AI (fixes). But like I said, bandits (or any leaderless army) -> charge, lords-> depending on their strength vs your strength. If you fight smaller armies you have to travel the distance.

Back
Top Bottom