Search results for query: *

• Users: Checkmaty
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Checkmaty

[Observation & Suggestion] Melee AI

I've been testing out the single player beta after pre-ordering the game on steam and am pleased by the many improvements, especially the lord AI. Unfortunately the melee combat AI (and many other aspects of the combat AI) is still in need of help. -Shield bocking Shield wielding AI need to...
  2. Checkmaty

More defensive combat AI

Currently the AI is way too aggressive in close combat with melee weapons. They will constantly swing away at eachother and rarely block or parry any incoming attacks, basically showing little to no signs of self preservation. As a player I can just block/parry an attack from the AI then swing...
  3. Checkmaty

B Other More Metal Sound Mod V2.2 for 1.010/1.011 & Warband 1.105+ *Updated 6/19/10

Finally came back to this game after a long break and was happy to see such an improvement over beta in the retail version. Audio has been improved but that isn't saying much, so here is my sound mod which does exactly what the name says; give the audio more "metal". In game preview Video Link...
  4. Checkmaty

Combat Groups

Think of Real-Time-Strategy games where you hotkey units into groups. Having the ability to make eleven (F1 - F12 with a "Select ALL") combat groups before combat, I think would add a lot to the level of control over your men. In the party screen there could be 11 slots. Moving men into a slot...
  5. Checkmaty

War mallet model + texture

Just wanted to share a model I did for M&B a while back. Had no time to continue working on new models and just thought I should release the work I did so others can use it now that a working model importer/exporter is available. War mallet model + texture...
  6. Checkmaty

Some new weapons and armor (models)

Just starting to learn 3D studio max. Decided to model some equipment for Mount&Blade as my first project and for practice. Paladin Armor: http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/5011/paladinarmor4pk.jpg A suit of armor that makes me think "Paladin" every time I look at it. Fully rigged and ready...
  7. Checkmaty

Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders

If you haven't already, I highly suggest that the developers take a look at "Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders", a Rpg/Strategy/Action hybrid for the Xbox. The melee battles feel, look, and sound amazing but lacks a good combat system, which Mount&Blade has. The battlefield troop control is also...
  8. Checkmaty

[OSP][Texture] [M&B] Alternate texture pack

Just made a quick texture pack to add some glitter and shine to the ingame battles. Also changed and added many details to armors, weapons, and shields and made them look more "used" and "dirty". Play with pixle shaders and dyanamic lighting on to get best effects. Night battles look great with...
  9. Checkmaty

AI Combat and world dynamics.

I think the battles go by too fast and men die way too quickly...the AI needs to defend incoming blows more often and play more defensivly especially when fighting multiple opponents. Also, when multiple ground units are attacking 1 enemy, they should try to surround/flank him/her instead of the...
  10. Checkmaty

Sound Mod

Hi, just wanted to say GREAT GAME. The combat is amazing. Anyways, I thought some of the sounds needed an upgrade so I made a quick sound mod. Download: http://rapidshare.de/files/2200280/M_BESound.zip.html (759KB) Unzip the archive into the "Sounds" folder to overight old with new sounds...
Back
Top Bottom