Multiplayer Game Modes - Updated Info and Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

I wonder if Taleworlds will be as soft and careless in dealing with hackers in Bannerlord multiplayer as in Warband. I hope not.

Rackie said:
But if you think a bit, light cavalry is stong against archers, and most do have their counters. You know why? Cuz thats how real life was and thats how it becomes naturally. Fast cavalry can get close to an archer much faster than a troop soldier. Thats just how it is. Nothing to do woth overwatch8
If you watch a bit, you'll see that light cavalry isn't strong against archers in Warband. Their horses die quickly, leaving them vulnerable.

Rock/paper/scissors balancing doesn't work in Warband, and it won't work in Bannerlord. There are too many variables and play styles. Short of TaleWorlds railroading players into one set of equipment per class, it just won't happen, and if they tried then it would fail.

Orion said:
Rackie said:
But if you think a bit, light cavalry is stong against archers, and most do have their counters. You know why? Cuz thats how real life was and thats how it becomes naturally. Fast cavalry can get close to an archer much faster than a troop soldier. Thats just how it is. Nothing to do woth overwatch8
If you watch a bit, you'll see that light cavalry isn't strong against archers in Warband. Their horses die quickly, leaving them vulnerable.

Rock/paper/scissors balancing doesn't work in Warband, and it won't work in Bannerlord. There are too many variables and play styles. Short of TaleWorlds railroading players into one set of equipment per class, it just won't happen, and if they tried then it would fail.

Why the type of 'balancing' taleworlds is going for will most likely never work as they are balancing from the bottom up, ie instead of someone with 5000+ in warband helping to balance bannerlord they are asking people with 500 instead. No offence to the devs but that little gif of you lot fighting kinda showed it. I watched it and i didnt see a single block from any of you, just senseless spamming. Why im very much of the opinion that they should let the comp community find balance, as if it is balanced for comp play with people that know what they are doing, it will be balanced for timmy who just bought the game because he seen is favourite youtuber play it.

Taleworlds dosen't give a single crap

Just read this quote from Callum on the first page

to prevent snowballing; to make multiplayer accessible to a wider ranger of players; and to provide a system where players can know what to expect when playing as or against each different type of unit

Taleworld's dosen't give a **** about comp play, they want some sort of medieval overwatch clone

Pandemona said:
Oi, does anyone know about closed beta/alpha process yet ?

Nope, no news whatsoever, maybe a dev can tell you. Given that they have hinted at nothing my assumption is next year at the earliest, but take that prediction with a grain of salt.

I'm starting a competitive community in a compilation of games such as Super Seducer, Badrats, and Ark Survival Evolved.

My league will most definitely be more competitive than the Medieval game that will never be released.

Hello. I am a long loving Warband & Viking Conquest fan and I came to this multiplayer thread to tell about my wish of having a minimalistic co-op multiplayer Campaign.

Now, I know it is not possible to have co-op campaign due to technical reasons as forces of equal powers, but it could work in few forms that could be acceptable to me at least.
Even if it was mostly just text based contribution to my "king's" (host) gameplay with participation in his battles as his vassal always stuck in his group, it would be enough of co-op contribution to satisfy my needs. Being able to marry and to run errands in cities would just be a big plus.

I am not interested in these "arcade casual modes" as you call them. I have other medieval games for that kind of an arcade experience.
What ticks for me in Mount & Blade franchise is the "everything I can do" -theme. Meaning it has the RPG, Strategy and FPS aspects nicely dancing around each other with a conquered kingdom to protect.
I want to have my friends playing with me in the whole package, not just cut aspect of castle conquering.

Please make it happen, or if there is some modder, I beg you to try and make it reality :smile:

I know all the roleplay singleplayer stuff is super cool and important for the dudes who jack off wearing LARP gear and all that fun stuff, but has there been any news or updates on multiplayer? I'm sure this has already been said over and over by others, but I'd be very disappointed if MP is treated as an afterthought (again).

>roleplay singleplayer stuff is super cool and important for the dudes who jack off wearing LARP gear
>Plays Multiplayer on a 2010. game

I almost didn't recognize you there Dan Bilzerian.

As much as I hate to wait for MP blogs like all MP players, playtime and playerbase statistics work heavily in favour of SP players. Whether we like it or not, SP deservedly takes precedence in blogs and news. Hopefully we get something on Multiplayer soon.

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
The item system from Warband has now been changed to a class-based system, with a perk list to customise your character (such as access to different weapons or better armour). This is the system we will be using across all of our multiplayer game modes. The reasons for this change are: to help with the general balance of the game (between units and teams); to prevent snowballing; to make multiplayer accessible to a wider ranger of players; and to provide a system where players can know what to expect when playing as or against each different type of unit (and develop strategies and tactics based on this). I will also note that there still are a significant range of options across the classes and perks – which may be expanded upon based on community feedback and testing results.
This is good. There is a big problem with noobs not selecting proper armour and weapons (naked with 2h mainly) and letting their teams down with their poor loadouts. Hopefully forcing these low-level players to have good equipment will improve team modes and also help these noobs to improve at the game.

Bump.

Devs and mods were so omnipresent in forums back in those days. What happened now?
They released EA and striped many aspects of the old warband apart for a fast action pace generation with console on their mind. After very slow progress and many decisions which mostly are not on point of what the most people like in this forum the situation became Frosty and afterwards hostile after a year. Now Radio Silence most of the time. (My opinion)

"Alienate the existing player base". I feel like TW had to choose on, what part of the player base they had to burn. It's obvious that TW dev's are not even on the same page. I hear so many promises that I am getting numb to them. Especially if they promise to fix something, and the breaks it even more. Again and again, over and over again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom