Patch when??

Users who are viewing this thread

Adrivan

Sergeant at Arms
Beta 1.5.9 came out 7 weeks ago... I havent been following the forum that much, but I thought we were on a monthly patch schedule? Or was that just in my imagination? (legit question, i dont know)
Do we know when beta 1.5.10 will come out?

Patches are coming in constantly (though no patchnotes), for example some of the recent secret patches changed siege AI and cav AI in SP.

Patches are coming in constantly (though no patchnotes), for example some of the recent secret patches changed siege AI and cav AI in SP.
Wait, are you saying siege AI was fixed? I saw the small hotfixes but i must have missed it. If that's the case then I'm starting a new campaign lol.

Wait, are you saying siege AI was fixed? I saw the small hotfixes but i must have missed it. If that's the case then I'm starting a new campaign lol.
No, he is saying hidden patch fixes are aimed at the siege AI. This could simply be how the troops are positioned on the wall or behind the gate or whatever.

If the siege AI was totally fixed we would definitely know because it would be all over the patch notes

No they tried to do something with breaking the second gate once the first one is broken by the ram. It did not work for them but they managed to break our fix for this problem so we had to recode it. So they definitelly tweaked something on the siege map or in the AI on the engine level. Also recently cavlary AI was changed (in SP) without patchnote. Before cavalry was charging in unorganized manner, now they are trying to regroup before each charge which have some advantage and some disadvantage, but I think it is change in right direction, only problem is that it was not mentioned in patchnotes and we found it by accident.

[...]Also recently cavlary AI was changed (in SP) without patchnote. Before cavalry was charging in unorganized manner, now they are trying to regroup before each charge which have some advantage and some disadvantage, but I think it is change in right direction, only problem is that it was not mentioned in patchnotes and we found it by accident.
Interesting info, thanks for making it public, mate.

No they tried to do something with breaking the second gate once the first one is broken by the ram. It did not work for them but they managed to break our fix for this problem so we had to recode it. So they definitelly tweaked something on the siege map or in the AI on the engine level. Also recently cavlary AI was changed (in SP) without patchnote. Before cavalry was charging in unorganized manner, now they are trying to regroup before each charge which have some advantage and some disadvantage, but I think it is change in right direction, only problem is that it was not mentioned in patchnotes and we found it by accident.
Oh damn, it wasent just me then? I noticed this as well but since I dident notice anything on the patch notes I just scratched it up to be my inmagination

That sucks! I thought they said they were going to communicate this kind of stuff more, specifically for the benefit of the modding community?

Well, well, well! If steps are actually being made in the right direction there might be some hope and praising to do down the line!

Let’s wait and see.

It's nice to hear that things are moving in the right direction inside the core of the game itself.
Which is exactly what it has been mentioned a couple of times here, before going on the next step and add your beloved nth feature, the game needs to be stable and solid enough.

Ah i can remember the time a refraction of the code had been announced to improve the speed of coding and patching. What a great joke in the end. Pure Gold like Rick Rolling :smile:

Back
Top Bottom