when can we expect next big update please

Users who are viewing this thread

*BEEP BOOP*

We will delay the patch as long as necessary as we really don't want to push out a broken update that will prevent people from playing the game. And these issues are something that have come about due to the recent refactor which, while annoying right now in the short term, will be beneficial in the long run.

We were clear from the start that this is an Early Access title, and that it contains bugs and is missing features. However, if you are still eligible for a refund then please feel free to go ahead and do that.

It is what it is guys 1 more week hopefully.

True that, but since i bought it on release the 2 weeks for refunding on steam are already gone. But the amount of updates and what came with it are lackluster as hell, if compared to other EA titles it feels like this isn't a EA but rather more a Paid Beta version of the game. Not only did the community fixed more in 2 weeks than you guys did in 4 months but they also added more stuff to the game, in a higher quality. And that isn't even a joke sadly.
If i would have the chance i would rather pay the modders my money than paying you for Bannerlord. You said it will be in EA for roundabout a year, give 5 more years since its TW, looking that it took 8 years to develop so far i lost all my hope and faith in this Company. Not only is this game barebone as hell, but also the "rumours" about that pretty much all big content features are already in the game yet missing so much stuff from your previous games without really adding on what was already in warband is a shame.
Isn't early access paid beta in definition? Even If they had 10 people testing for 4 years It isn't suprising to not find as much as bugs as thousants of players playing the game for months. Unlike most games this game isn't most straight forward game, its almost impossible for tw to find all the bugs themselves. I feel you the game isn't complete and you might expected much more than you recrieved. But that is exactly what you signed up for. If you don't trust the devs and don't like the game as it is currently why did you buy it on EA?

What van we actually expect from the refactoring?
Will the game run smoother?
Will it make patching easier?
Will it make modding easier?
What's it's purpose?
I am not an IT Person :grin:

Just easier to code, less broken releases after patches.

We were hoping to release the patch this week however we have encountered some more bugs that need to be fixed first. It is likely that the patch will be delayed until next week.

We are exploring some new formats for development updates/blogs and have two topics to discuss in the works which we plan to share (and I know it is annoying to hear this word repeated) soon.

I'm probably one of thousands that don't post or comment on the forum/steam but I do check the forum and website frequently in the hope of seeing some movement and had started to become sad at the lack of posts aside the one over a month ago about the Refactoring of code.

Thank you for saying this, its appreciated - could I make the gentlest request that even weekly progress/fortnightly news updates either from a developer or a round up from yourselves in general - no matter how high level - would go a long long way to filling the gaps for us. And that information doesnt even need to show progress, just their/your challenges etc.

Sarcastic reponses of salty people is always expected.
How exactly was that sarcastic? Take away the fighting and the game has nothing to offer at all. And EA is not an excuse for a game to be so buggy that a lot of people can't even boot the game up for a solid month. Or that the framerate is abysmal in sieges. Freezeframes in almost every scene, half of the items missing even tho they are in the game etc.

*BEEP BOOP*

We will delay the patch as long as necessary as we really don't want to push out a broken update that will prevent people from playing the game. And these issues are something that have come about due to the recent refactor which, while annoying right now in the short term, will be beneficial in the long run.

We were clear from the start that this is an Early Access title, and that it contains bugs and is missing features. However, if you are still eligible for a refund then please feel free to go ahead and do that.
Take your time, get it done right.

Thanks for the update.

All devs should mark their games as ea so that no one could critize them for not updating. Because according to TW fanboy, only people without a life would long for game patches.

*BEEP BOOP*

We will delay the patch as long as necessary as we really don't want to push out a broken update that will prevent people from playing the game.
Really? is this a lesson learnt from recent patches?

We were clear from the start that this is an Early Access title, and that it contains bugs and is missing features.
I feel the community has been clear what is expected from EA. Why does TW refuse to acknowledge the community let alone engage with us?

However, if you are still eligible for a refund then please feel free to go ahead and do that.
Jesus, that is an abhorrent attitude. I know its just a job mate but have some pride in your work.

I don't think Callum is even a human anymore: he has been replaced by AI automatically generating excuses for every week.
This is why I feel bannerlord will be the next PUBG, forever EA, no bug fixes just add skins. Fans will love it no matter what, and they have burnt bridges with the majority of new players (check polls).

Honestly if TW is letting Callum post this:
However, if you are still eligible for a refund then please feel free to go ahead and do that.
It seems obvious that they have no vested interest in how the project goes from here. Money made mission accomplished. Unabashed and unapologetic, apparently this release has gone without a hitch. Which makes me wonder if they planned to cash out on the title series when they released EA?

How exactly was that sarcastic? Take away the fighting and the game has nothing to offer at all. And EA is not an excuse for a game to be so buggy that a lot of people can't even boot the game up for a solid month. Or that the framerate is abysmal in sieges. Freezeframes in almost every scene, half of the items missing even tho they are in the game etc.
How is it not? There are clan mechanics, really organic trade mechanic, kingdom management is pretty promising, character leveling is pretty unique, weapon crafting is pretty good too. Battles has performance issues but that is expected and aimed to fix, since lauch it got a lot better. I can just go on forever. If you expect full game buttery smooth experience, with no bugs, with no missing features in EA, you were "foolish"

How is it not? There are clan mechanics, really organic trade mechanic, kingdom management is pretty promising, character leveling is pretty unique, weapon crafting is pretty good too. Battles has performance issues but that is expected and aimed to fix, since lauch it got a lot better. I can just go on forever. If you expect full game buttery smooth experience, with no bugs, with no missing features in EA, you were "foolish"

Are you taking the piss? Good joke if so.

If not, what is your basis for comparison, pong? None of the mechanics stated are anything special, most are 2 dimensional at most and some are downright game breaking atm (kingdom management ?). Every aspect of single player (im not a masochist so im not touching this games multi) is broken or has performance issues. Apart from slightly less frequent crashes (currently 2-3 in a day long session, down from 2-3 per hr) this game has got less balanced since release IMO. I thought cyresdog raised some good points, but I could go on forever.

Your experiences and opinions are your own, and have been shown to be held by a small but loud minority here. No one expected perfection from EA, and according to the growing majority, what we have got so is more like an ongoing train wreck at best.

Last edited:
Are you taking the piss? Good joke if so.

If not, what is your basis for comparison, pong? None of the mechanics stated are anything special, most are 2 dimensional at most and some are downright game breaking atm (kingdom management ?). Every aspect of single player (im not a masochist so im not touching this games multi) is broken or has performance issues. Apart from slightly less frequent crashes this game has got less balanced since release IMO. I could go on forever.

Your experiences and opinions are your own, and have been shown to be held by a small but loud minority here. No one expected perfection from EA, and according to the growing majority, what we have got so is more like an ongoing train wreck at best.
What are you basing this Majority on? The people on the Forums? Not everyone is gonna come to the Forums to complain especially the people enjoying the game id love to see some actual Data on How you are the majority.

What are you basing this Majority on? The people on the Forums? Not everyone is gonna come to the Forums to complain especially the people enjoying the game id love to see some actual Data on How you are the majority.
Im not google mate, go search for any number of forum posts/polls or other websites showing this games precipitous dropoff in players and increase in negative reviews. Your here and not complaining, so balance of variables and probabilities, my theory is more credible then your stance. Do you have ANY evidence to the contrary or is your tongue the only thing sharp about you?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom