Devs please read

Users who are viewing this thread

johns586

Recruit
Dear Devs,
This going to be long please bear with me. There seams to be a large amount of complaints to you on the forums about all the problems and the time its taking to fix them..........................sigh............

please pay no attention to them. they are whiny children who opened there Christmas gifts early only finding the tinker toys and not the main gifts.........

Thank you. I repeat Thank you. I'm atari old and have been very impressed with the intricate dynamics of the game I even fell out of gaming for the last 10 years do to the constant rinse and repeat of the gaming world and watching the haulted progression of game mechanics and game play. now I realize that this generation is built on instant gratification. but please pay no never mind to them. take your time do it right and be proud.

Again thank you.
P.S. close this thread save it and keep it as a reminder.:grin:

<3 Tinkertoys and Christmas and whiny children. I think there are a few main gifts already in the game.

customer-feedback-27.jpg

Seriously, thanks to TW for the hard work. You've got to have a thick skin these days, people do expect a lot and they expect it now.

Yeah I’m a huge fan of the game but I would like to do what I can to help prevent bugs slipping through the cracks and get things right before they stop working on it so that we can enjoy the game vanilla without having to rely on modding for everything. Vanilla should be rock solid first, then the mods can truly be great.

The BASE game is EXCELLENT ! , it's just the Bug Fixes , Balancing, and extra features that the game needs.

Apparently the game is easy to mod for programmers, which is a major benefit for players.

Dear Devs,
This going to be long please bear with me. There seams to be a large amount of complaints to you on the forums about all the problems and the time its taking to fix them..........................sigh............

please pay no attention to them. they are whiny children who opened there Christmas gifts early only finding the tinker toys and not the main gifts.........

Thank you. I repeat Thank you. I'm atari old and have been very impressed with the intricate dynamics of the game I even fell out of gaming for the last 10 years do to the constant rinse and repeat of the gaming world and watching the haulted progression of game mechanics and game play. now I realize that this generation is built on instant gratification. but please pay no never mind to them. take your time do it right and be proud.

Again thank you.
I'm Atari old too, but I am not impressed with Bannerlord. I have been following this game since it was announced. I was not impressed with how they handled the announcement. I was not impressed with how they handled the follow up to the announcement, their dev blogs were a joke and I was particularly disappointed with how they handled the fallout when the game was delayed. (We're not going to get into that...)

After 8 years of development, (which is long even by today's standards) we finally get the game at Early Release of all things. My brother, who doesn't play Mount and Blade, Messaged me on Steam and said, "Was that seriously in development for 8 years only to be released in EA?) Credit where credit is due: It's very stable. Most of the issues with crashing were my own doing, so there's no complaints with overall performance.. But the reality is that, at the end of the day, it's only marginally better than its predecessor Mount and Blade: Warband. So, most of the complaints is the frustration from it being 8 years in development hell and not showing 8 years worth of work.

Honestly, the only thing I've done with this game is benchmarking for my new computer. It's very good for that.

There's also people who are complaining when there's an issue. There should be. That's the point of EA.

Last edited:
Yes taleworlds you are good and good is good. No need to assume otherwise because why would you want to strive for good when you are good. How stupid is this thread to demotivate a company during a time motivation is so important? The game is fine and taleworlds is fine. repeat it until everyone believes it. Hit the button complete on this game because it is good and you are good.

Let's stop thinking, lets stop dreaming, we are content.
Everyone knows motivation comes from the outside not the inside /s
/s
/s
/s
/s

I mean I wrote that I’m still gonna complain even though I like the game, don’t put me in the same boat as OP. There’s so much I would change and I don’t know how so many things are unpolished...

I mean I wrote that I’m still gonna complain even though I like the game, don’t put me in the same boat as OP. There’s so much I would change and I don’t know how so many things are unpolished...
The only person on the boat is the smooth brain op.
Wait until he re figures out its just a raft in the middle of the ocean.

I do wonder if most who have replied on here have been trolled.

My initial instinct when I read the post was troll bait, looking for people to react to it.

The comments by the poster saying that they are Atari old made me laugh as there is no reference to which age they are talking about. 1972-1984 was original age of Atari after which it was split into two separate companies. The companies have been sold several times since then so the reference could mean that they are between 0 years old to 48+years old. So a pretty open comment there.

If the OP was serious though, the game is in early access meaning the developers want feedback to improve the game and therefore your post makes absolutely no sense.

Happy Gaming :smile:

Thank you Taleworlds for a fantastic game. Yes it's wonky and unfinished, but it will get there as long as you find the strength and willpowr to continue full steam ahead for atleast a year and more, as you have the weeks and months following the release of the game.

Atari old here too, I quit using beta and am on 1.41 with the game running for 8 days straight and not exiting once and ZERO crashes. My first PC game would be $88 in today's money, it couldn't run without crashing and I mean put the special DOS boot floppy in the computer each time it crashes to reboot it. You had to mail a check to Iowa to get a floppy disk for the scenario editor or any updates and by then the company had folded.

There's probably around 100 old games lying around my house that I spent literally hours to make work just to be able to play them. If you wanted a finished stable game you were forced into console games.

I don't have a single Total War game that isn't as stable as this game is in EA. Right now, I'd pay $60 gladly if this game was the final release in it's current condition, it's that fun of a game in it's buggy condition especially since there are tons of mods out there. No it's not complete, but games aren't keeping up with cost inflation. I'm sure I have well over $100 into several Paradox games after DLCs.

I never played a M&B game till I saw some reviews online laughing about some of the bugs but saying how fun this game is, and I'm pleasantly surprised. Keep up the good work Taleworlds.

Dear Devs,

Again thank you.

Atari old here too, I quit using beta and am on 1.41 with the game running for 8 days straight and not exiting once and ZERO crashes. My first PC game would be $88 in today's money, it couldn't run without crashing and I mean put the special DOS boot floppy in the computer each time it crashes to reboot it. You had to mail a check to Iowa to get a floppy disk for the scenario editor or any updates and by then the company had folded.

There's probably around 100 old games lying around my house that I spent literally hours to make work just to be able to play them. If you wanted a finished stable game you were forced into console games.

I don't have a single Total War game that isn't as stable as this game is in EA. Right now, I'd pay $60 gladly if this game was the final release in it's current condition, it's that fun of a game in it's buggy condition especially since there are tons of mods out there. No it's not complete, but games aren't keeping up with cost inflation. I'm sure I have well over $100 into several Paradox games after DLCs.

I never played a M&B game till I saw some reviews online laughing about some of the bugs but saying how fun this game is, and I'm pleasantly surprised. Keep up the good work Taleworlds.

I remember before steam was the popular platform it is and I bought a game I had been excited for a long time. It was a cd from a store. The file on the cd itself was corrupted. I had to mail it to the devs who mailed back a working copy. Imagine complaining about download speeds after waiting for the postman to deliver your patch...

It was a great game although super buggy and for its time was about the same quality as Bannerlord. I also thought it was worth every penny but you know updates never came and the devs were absent from the forums. No one really made any mods for it. No one plays it. It’s a dead game now. It died a long time ago. Rip Pirates of the Caribbean. You rode the wave of the movies in a masterful stroke but let all of us down with your unfinished and laggy storm engine.

Wow, what a weird post....

I love the whole concept and the game alot, it falls to my taste more then alot. BUT...

I understand that a game that is in early access gets alot of complaits thrown at them, and that's the whole point of early access releases.

But when you charge 50 £ for an early access game... Then you have no right to complain about people being frustrated about bugs and such.

So you sitting here and complain about people complaining about issues they expeirense with a game that they payed a whole lot of money for, it just makes you look stupid, no hard feelings.

1200px-Commodore-Datasette-C2N-Mk2-Back.jpg

The Commodore 1530 (C2N) Datasette, later also Datassette (a portmanteau of data and cassette), is Commodore's dedicated magnetic tape data storage device. The Datasette has built-in analog-to-digital converters and audio filters to convert the computer's digital data into analog sound and vice versa. Transferring data at around 50 bytes per second Datasettes can typically store about 100 kByte per 30 minute side.[5] The use of turbo tape and other fast loaders increased this number to roughly 1000 kByte.

I had one of these attached to a Vic 20 and later a Commodore 64. The load times were just painful by todays standards but back then you didn't know any better and this was pretty much standard until floppy drives, which were a revolution in terms of speed and other factors.

This used an actual cassette tape, before the compact disc, when you still had to buy music on cassette tape. I still recall going into music stores when CD's came out, and having a small section of CD's while still having large selections of cassette tapes.

You would issue a load command and then it would wait for you to actually PRESS THE PLAY BUTTON ON THE DRIVE.

Now I feel old, lol. Today's standards are beyond anything we would have dreamed about from these beginnings. And so it goes.

Back
Top Bottom