Are 2 Billion Denar Tribute Demands Normal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Poor Garios. He's lost everything. Doesn't have a pot to p*ss in, but still Battania is demanding 2 BILLION denars to make peace? Did medieval people even know the concept of a billion anything? Where do numbers like this even come from?

gJlda.jpg

Poor Garios. He's lost everything. Doesn't have a pot to p*ss in, but still Battania is demanding 2 BILLION denars to make peace? Did medieval people even know the concept of a billion anything? Where do numbers like this even come from?

gJlda.jpg

I bet the amount calculated must be inversely related to relative strength rating, so when the enemy strength rating is zero, the game thinks you should get an infinite amount (and 2 billion or whatever is just the highest value that field can accept).

What actually happens if you propose peace!?! ?

Last edited:
There really should be a system for faction destruction. For example if a kingdom has no fiefs left it should cease to exist, and wars with that faction should automatically end. The encyclopedia should update to reflect the new state of the world.

Tribute should also be capped at a certain number that is determined by number of fiefs owned for that faction so that when wars end between factions that have massive differences in power it doesn't end up turning the weaker faction into the Weimar Republic in terms of reparations.

There really should be a system for faction destruction. For example if a kingdom has no fiefs left it should cease to exist, and wars with that faction should automatically end. The encyclopedia should update to reflect the new state of the world.

I guess this is how it will be in the future, like in 24-48 months....

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I would totally propose peace for that amount of money. I would even settle for a compromise where they offer to pay 1 billion instead. You can buy a lot of 600k body armor for a billion denars!

?

I bet the amount calculated must be inversely related to relative strength rating, so when the enemy strength rating is zero, the game thinks you should get an infinite amount (and 2 billion or whatever is just the highest value that field can accept).

What actually happens if you propose peace!?! ?

Aye, my thoughts aswell! It definitely looks like an integer overflow problem?

"The number 2,147,483,647 (or hexadecimal 7FFFFFFF16) is the maximum positive value for a 32-bit signed binary integer in computing"
Wikipedia - "2,147,483,647"

@mexxico
Not sure who to "ping"/"mention" or if it is even worthy of such, as it might perhaps be regarded as a minor issue.
In any case i'm sorry for any potential inconvenience caused mexxico!

If a faction has no territory they really need to join another or go mercenary. Garios in my current play has had nothing for years and just keeps annoying me.

@mexxico
Not sure who to "ping"/"mention" or if it is even worthy of such, as it might perhaps be regarded as a minor issue.
In any case i'm sorry for any potential inconvenience caused mexxico!

Sorry but currently I am not dealing with new war-peace-truce implmenetations. Until 1.4.0 my codes were working. They are changed with 1.4.1 and new truce payment and new calculations are implemented. If this problem continue with new hotfixes (which will be send today or tomorrow) I can report related people. There will be new additions & fixes for these parts soon. If still this problem continues I can get your save file tomorrow to transfer new owners of these parts. Thanks.

Last edited:
I like the idea of the faction still being there so you could try to restore it.
Which is nice if one wants to, but I want to end Garios and executing him just negatively affects my rep and he gets replaced.

Edit: Heck I'd be okay if I could get him to join me. Anything to put an end to it.

Last edited:
There really should be a system for faction destruction.

I like the way that warband did it, with vassals slowly becoming more and more upset, leaving the kingdom after a while of having no territories to make them happy. This gave the kingdom a chance to use whatever armies they have left for one last attack.

It did kind of break down when it was the last kingdom left though, with vassals coming and going from your kingdom because they hate you and they also hate not having lands lol.

I like the idea of the faction still being there so you could try to restore it.

I think this might not be as big of an issue if the AI starts to be able to create their own kingdoms. I think that conquered lands and clans should be trying to restore a kingdom that encompasses their cultural lands. So say empire takes over every kingdom, eventually those clans should get fed up with the empire, rebel and try to re-create their kingdoms of old. I have no idea if they mentioned anything like this though, I see the beginnings of it where towns from another culture are less likely to be happy if you own them.

Eventually revolts will probably need some lords to lead them, this is why factions don't get completely destroyed.

Edit: But I think this lords need to go to exile, until actual revolt is happening and not spawn endlessly with zero troops in the middle of nowhere.

But I think this lords need to go to exile, until actual revolt is happening and not spawn endlessly with zero troops in the middle of nowhere.

Agreed, this is a lot more realistic. deposed lords would bide their time in hiding trying to gain enough support and cohesion to make a move, not travel around fighting scrappy fights like common thieves.

Kings that lose their kingdoms, or their heirs, should become like the claimants in Warband, hanging around in foreign keeps trying to convince people to take up their cause. And their could be a special quest, sort of like the claimant quest, which has you helping them revive their old kingdom. And if they ever add in rebellion and civil war mechanics, they could be part of a loyalist breakaway faction by the AI even without the player's help.

Back
Top Bottom