Blood and gore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Anyone else want to see more of it? When I take my two hand sword to someones head I want to see some beheading take place. Or a big belly swing maybe cut a guy in half if your stats are high enough. Maybe some guts and limbs on the ground after 2 shield walls break away from each other. Just more raw and intense stuff like that. A good example that I can think of is the way Witcher 3 combat worked. It felt good chopping people up.

...I swear I'm not psychotic lmao.

There is a dismemberment mod, but it is not up to date and causes crashes after the battle if a lord is beheaded in the fight.

I would also love to see limbs laying around because you know.. Axes in battle go chop chop. And maybe wounded soldiers lieing on the ground moaning, screaming for their comrades to help them. That's the kind of realism I want to see. ?

They should put it in the game, but have an option to reduce or disable it.
Not going to happen. If they wanted it it would have been in since the beginning.

If they add it in now it will change the age rating and probably cause some people being unable to play anymore.

Right now it has the same rating as Warband which is T.
Blood and gore will raise the rating to M.

Besides they have already said they will not do it, they are well aware not everything in bannerlord is 100% realistic but they want to draw the line somewhere. Dismemberment happened very rarely, hollywood shows and series are no standard.

Incidently I get the impression the Blood&Gore should be the T rating because really, it adds nothing of relevance and is just catering edgy teenage angst and power fantasy (No offense to anyone, not that I can not enjoy that, but I rate that the same for me). There is a reason why splatter horror is actual comedy.

If you want it, I will not stop it, but I never got the call for that feature in pretty much all games. Hellblade: Sensua's Sacrifice has a reason to be brutal and gory but that is because of its tone, story and what it wants to narrate.

For games like M&B or Total War games where it is also a constant wish it is empty fluff.

It very rarely happened in real life medieval battles, so I vote no to a dismemberment gore-freak-fantasy-fest, thanks.
Was dismemberment rare in a time of swords?
I doubt that a sharp two-handed sword or an ax does not leave the head at least hanging with only part of the neck holding

..There should be a dismemberment balance because armor targets would be more difficult

A hand or a leg is very easy to throw or at least let it swing, just like the guy above said they don't want the game to be 100% realistic ... but
"Breathtaking battles
Enter the battlefield and experience the brutality of medieval first-person or third-person combat with hundreds of units on the screen at the same time, each with its own nuanced AI. "I don't see that kind of brutality in the game

Last edited:
If they add it in now it will change the age rating and probably cause some people being unable to play anymore.

You can avoid this ezpz. Just add a DLC with gore for 1$ like Total War.

I doubt that a sharp two-handed sword or an ax does not leave the head at least hanging with only part of the neck holding

..There should be a dismemberment balance because armor targets would be more difficult

A hand or a leg is very easy to throw or at least let it swing, just like the guy above said they don't want the game to be 100% realistic ... but
"Breathtaking battles
Enter the battlefield and experience the brutality of medieval first-person or third-person combat with hundreds of units on the screen at the same time, each with its own nuanced AI. "I don't see that kind of brutality in the game

I've heard it from multiple, well-regarded sources (people who live this kind of information), that battlefield dismemberments were near non-existent - judging by the information available from medieval battle-fields archeologists have dug up.If it happened on the odd occasion, it was probably a fluke or committed after the battle had ended. The site of the Battle of Visby, fe, is apparently the most well preserved of all medieval battle sites. Archaeologists got a very good picture of the injuries sustained by all 2,000 victims. Not one had a single finger dismemberment.

I think it's safe to say dismemberment is a Hollywood fantasy.

In combat you wouldn't take the same type of big, powerful swings that you do when you cut a stationary, inanimate target. In combat you'd put less power into your swings and wouldn't make them follow through nearly as much, so that you can recover more quickly and can defend yourself. Protecting your own life is far more imperative than taking someone else's.
What's more, in battle killing the enemy isn't even your objective, but just making them stop attacking you. A wounded enemy is far better than a dead one, because you can then ransom them.
So I'd say dismemberment on the battlefield was, indeed, very rare.

I've heard it from multiple, well-regarded sources (people who live this kind of information), that battlefield dismemberments were near non-existent - judging by the information available from medieval battle-fields archeologists have dug up.If it happened on the odd occasion, it was probably a fluke or committed after the battle had ended. The site of the Battle of Visby, fe, is apparently the most well preserved of all medieval battle sites. Archaeologists got a very good picture of the injuries sustained by all 2,000 victims. Not one had a single finger dismemberment.

I think it's safe to say dismemberment is a Hollywood fantasy.

Yep. Very uncommon.

Actual dismemberment, usually happens as an aftermath of the battle -- torture and executions. In combat, people die when they are cut, stabbed, or bludgeoned. Shock, pain, bloodloss is immediately immobilizing, and usually even a single well placed arrow on any part of torso would immediately render a person incapable.

Certainly, weapons were capable of chopping off heads and limbs under the right conditions, but those conditions rarely existed in actual battle. Any kind of thick clothing, armor would seriously hamper a strike from a blade during the heat of combat. It can damage enough to kill, but not enough to just chop off. Various forms of neck protection would make decapitation during actual combat a near impossibility. Even disembowelment from deep cuts to the torso, were unlikely.

The real "mess" only begins with the introduction of battlefield artillery, particularly explosive ordnance.

Who cares? It is a video game and it should be fun.

It matters, because it doesn't fit the genre/characteristic of the game. Certainly I'm up for all sorts of brutal and exciting gore if I'm playing a good hack-n-slash action game. But even with some exaggerations, what makes M&B franchise games unique, is its dedication to realism presented in a game format.

It would be like seeing someone lob a stone from trebuchet and have it explode it like a Michael Bay movie. It bothers with the immersion for a lot of M&B fans.

It matters, because it doesn't fit the genre/characteristic of the game.
Worst thing about "historical accurate guys" that they want everyone to play the game like they want.

Do you know why MnB was so good? Becouse it wasnt realistic at all.

Worst thing about "historical accurate guys" that they want everyone to play the game like they want.

The "historically accurate guys" aren't the ones showing up in the forums of DOOM series or Diablo and demanding that game adhere to historical realism. They are showing up in a game that was dedicated for its historical realism FROM THE START, and subsequently became strong supporters of this franchise when it was just a 500mb game made by a Turkish couple.

Inappropriate is inappropriate. Whether you like it or not.

It's more about believability. You have to believe what is happening in front of your eyes, within the context - even in a game. If you've gathered even the most fundamental information on real-life melee battles, people's heads flying in all directions is not only unbelievable but comical.

Says a guy as he demands introduction of a feature that HE wants...
Also, I wholeheartedly disagree with you. The part about M&B that is fun exactly the fact that it's more realistic than other games. Is it the most realistic? No. But it's relatively realistic. And it should stay that way.

Back
Top Bottom