Okay hold the phone, is it in or out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Let's talk about the thing I put an inordinate amount of importance on that probably literally no one else does:

I'm talking dynasties.

I'm talking marrying, fathering an heir, a spare, a prayer and a handful of "there"s, and playing the Tywin Lannister game all the way across Calradia.

This was, if I'm not mistaken, a pretty big deal from fairly early on. As soon as they started talking new features, this was a big one they teased, and it's what took me from "Oh, Mount and Blade's finally coming to the 21st century!" to really friggin' excited for the game. Dynastic play was one of the big lynchpins of feudalism that I always felt was keeping Warband from being a pretty much perfect simulation of the era.

Dev blogs have talked Ruwa, they've talked clans, they've talked about how we'll be engaging in the permadeath system by way of uncles, cousins, what have you even before we get to marry. However. Recently, it was brought to my attention that this feature would not be ready on March 31st. Sources here and there say Callum stated this in some Mount and Blade Discord or another. The claim is, when asked if all the Warband features would be in EA from day one, he replied along the lines of "No, many features will be missing, for example marriage isn't in the game right now."

So I ask here, where I presume everyone is a bit more actively abreast of Bannerlord goings on than Reddit or Steam: Is this potentially engaging feature definitely not in on day one, are the sources talking poppycock, or do we simply not know yet?

Let's talk about the thing I put an inordinate amount of importance on that probably literally no one else does:

I'm talking dynasties.

I'm talking marrying, fathering an heir, a spare, a prayer and a handful of "there"s, and playing the Tywin Lannister game all the way across Calradia.

This was, if I'm not mistaken, a pretty big deal from fairly early on. As soon as they started talking new features, this was a big one they teased, and it's what took me from "Oh, Mount and Blade's finally coming to the 21st century!" to really friggin' excited for the game. Dynastic play was one of the big lynchpins of feudalism that I always felt was keeping Warband from being a pretty much perfect simulation of the era.

Dev blogs have talked Ruwa, they've talked clans, they've talked about how we'll be engaging in the permadeath system by way of uncles, cousins, what have you even before we get to marry. However. Recently, it was brought to my attention that this feature would not be ready on March 31st. Sources here and there say Callum stated this in some Mount and Blade Discord or another. The claim is, when asked if all the Warband features would be in EA from day one, he replied along the lines of "No, many features will be missing, for example marriage isn't in the game right now."

So I ask here, where I presume everyone is a bit more actively abreast of Bannerlord goings on than Reddit or Steam: Is this potentially engaging feature definitely not in on day one, are the sources talking poppycock, or do we simply not know yet?

Well Early Access really isn't day one, you can definitely expect things to be missing. From the EA announcement I expect clans and clan management to be in the game to some extent, but not feature complete. Unfortunately the rumor is (I have seen it mentioned, but not from taleworlds) that Callum is out sick (light a candle for his health) so I doubt you will get a good official answer today. The good news is that EA is EA it lets you play the game in its current state, or you can wait and get the game after a few updates when it is in a state that you will enjoy. It is better than having no access at all.

Even if Marriage is in the game I would recommend being a bit careful with to many long term goals in your initial several months playing the game. After all they said that while they will try to make updates save compatible many won't be. Expect to lose all your progress at least a few times during the EA period.

Even if Marriage is in the game I would recommend being a bit careful with to many long term goals in your initial several months playing the game. After all they said that while they will try to make updates save compatible many won't be. Expect to lose all your progress at least a few times during the EA period.

Indeed, quite right... Well, it's something I'll have to open myself to the possibility of not being in the game from day one. I suppose in the worst case, I have a really pretty Warband (I didn't really engage with marriage in Warband anyway), and that's not at all a bad thing to play while the rest of the features are finished.

(Also, hadn't heard that about Callum. Hope he's alright and looking at a swift recovery, if true!)

Flash forward to me explaining to my bannerwife how we got -9999 honer and everyone's trying to execute us because we though we would lose all progress and have to re-start any update now...... but it never came.

I don't know but I would think the features of being able to continue as an heir or family member would be either in, or a high priority since it was explained during the games con demo with great confidence. They didn't specifically say it would be in EA but they didn't say it wouldn't either....

Flash forward to me explaining to my bannerwife how we got -9999 honer and everyone's trying to execute us because we though we would lose all progress and have to re-start any update now...... but it never came.

LOL. "Dear one, you must believe me, I'd never planned for this to be anything more than a test of the execution system before rollback!" "That's what you said when you threw the last of our coin at those Aserai horsemen!" "THEY WERE PERFECTLY FINE RIDERS AND I WANTED TO SEE IF THEIR TIER 5 GAVE THEM A SHAMSHIR!"

I'm almost certain it will be included at least in the bare-bones as its so sought after and has been discussed in depth by multiple devs

I'm almost certain it will be included at least in the bare-bones as its so sought after and has been discussed in depth by multiple devs

That was my thought too. They've said quite a lot about it over the years, and Ruwa is proof that at the very least, genetics are functioning. It's my hope that while they may not have the finer points of clan management down yet, they'll at least have a basic system of inheritance. It doesn't feel like a feudal game if I don't have to entrust my heirs with my vision at some point, haha! I'm sure they have SOME form of clan play in, as it's been stated that renown is now gained by the clan rather than the player. Hopefully clan play means dynastic play as well (even though I presume companions and the like also count as clan members).

I'm talking dynasties.

I have seen nothing that says features there were in warband, would not be in Bannerlord, I read what was said in that thread, and i remember it more as, all Warband had, will be in Bannerlord, but there will be some advanced features related to those, that will not be feature complete, one of those were some clan options as i remember it. this is what the EA tab says on Steam:
How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“The early access version of the game contains a wealth of content that will keep players engaged for many hours. While the early access version is very much stable and playable, players can expect to run into some obscure bugs and other issues while playing that we intend to locate and fix before the full release.

The early access version will be reusing scenes for different towns, may lack some supporting features, may have a limited number of quests, voice-overs, etc. and may lack localizations for some languages.

Throughout the course of the early access period we intend to introduce the missing supporting features, such as, rebellions, kingdom creation and weapon crafting, while expanding and enhancing many of the existing features that are outlined below.”What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“In terms of content, the early access version of the game contains all of the main staples of the Mount & Blade experience, with a host of content that is new to the series. Players can create their own character using the game’s character creation system; explore the continent of Calradia; gather their own warband of troops; command and fight alongside their troops in large scale battles using the game’s extensive command system and intuitive skill-based directional combat system; raid settlements; lay siege to and capture enemy towns and castles; trade items and goods using the game’s deep economy system; engage in politics and diplomacy; manage their own clan; upgrade and manage settlements; gather armies and wage war; and much, much more... all in a vast singleplayer sandbox setting where no two playthroughs are the same. The early access version also includes fully supported multiplayer game modes for players to test their combat skills and tactical prowess against players from all over the world.”

I have seen nothing that says features there were in warband, would not be in Bannerlord, I read what was said in that thread, and i remember it more as, all Warband had, will be in Bannerlord, but there will be some advanced features related to those, that will not be feature complete, one of those were some clan options as i remember it. this is what the EA tab says on Steam:

Ah, I see. So it may be that while all the Warband staples are present, the way in which Bannerlord improves them aren't ready yet.

Ah, I see. So it may be that while all the Warband staples are present, the way in which Bannerlord improves them aren't ready yet.
How did you conclude that?
You have improved economy, improved sieges, improved combat AI, improved settlements management, improved army management, improved kingdom management, hugely improved sieges, clan system, children, permadeath, executions, improved recruitment system, board games, minor factions, improved productive enterprises, more troop types, bigger map, more factions, more fiefs, becoming a king of an existing faction, persuasion system, sergeant system, barter system, settlement issues, crimes, camels and other animals.

How did you conclude that?
You have improved economy, improved sieges, improved combat AI, improved settlements management, improved army management, improved kingdom management, hugely improved sieges, clan system, children, permadeath, executions, improved recruitment system, board games, minor factions, improved productive enterprises, more troop types, bigger map, more factions, more fiefs, becoming a king of an existing faction, persuasion system, sergeant system, barter system, settlement issues, crimes, camels and other animals.
I think he means all the Warband staples are included in the EA release, with the ones you mentioned being incorporated as EA progresses.

I think he means all the Warband staples are included in the EA release, with the ones you mentioned being incorporated as EA progresses.

Indeed, or more accurately, that some of those features might not yet be implemented. I full expect many of them to be present. The improved recruitment system, a large portion of improved sieges, more troop types, the map and fiefs (of course), all that is definitely in the game right now, and many more of the things he mentioned may already be here as well. Some things, however, we may have to wait on implementation of.

Back
Top Bottom