Recent content by Allias

1. v1.2.4-v1.2.5 Balance Changes

- I have no idea what do you mean by cursed. If you are indicating that throwing axes functioning bad, i think it should be correct to buff them? If not, there were lot of feedbacks towards throwing axes have really bad accuracy and cannot be used as they are intented. So with these changes ( + their speed bonus ) you'll get proper damages, a working accuracy and also feel more " natural " with the related animations.
    Short bows and throwing axes are spot on if you just click left mouse, which is a bug. Not a single time have they gone anywhere other than right in the middle of the screen, not even while jumping when throwing them, that needs to be looked on, along with the ballerina strikers who spin their bodies and still hit you for 30-50 damage without a chance to react.
  2. Resolved Unable to start the game.[Steam]:Unable to initialize Steam API

Exit Steam. Re open steam and its fixed.
  3. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

@Dejan It's been 2,5 since 1.2 was released to beta and more than 1 month since the latest hotfix to 1.2. Have you guys made any leeway? Will we at least see a new hotfix, if not the movement of 1.2.x to live soon?

If you're not able to answer (however vaguely) how soon we are likely to see something, please, at least answer what specifically has been making it take so long. I'm really curious, is it one or more game issues like performance, AI issues, economy balancing, or lots of people taking vacations in August, people leaving/being made redundant due to the value of the Lira depreciating and resulting in TW needing more capital, etc.
    It seems the answer for that is money, hence the price change they're about to make.
  4. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

I'm even in favor of making paid dlc or a place where players can pay subsidies. Nothing motivates or gives you an opportunity like money.
    Instead of trying to introduce paid content how about we settle with finishing what we already paid for?
  5. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Fixes
    • Fixed a bug that caused the Circle Formation arrangement drawn and shown in the order UI to be executed incorrectly, preventing tighter Circle Formation with more inwards depth/ranks.
    The positioning of troops seems to be working for both circle and square formation, but in circle they block in whatever direction they are facing, while in square they keep switching between correct and wrong facing direction.
  6. Is Vlandia still op in TDM and siege now?

Maneuvering, also I'm pretty sure riding skill. Don't really play cav that much anymore but from what I hear those are the biggest things to go for. Lance length is nice for trading blows, but if your opponent can bait your stab timing to be early or late it doesn't matter if your Lance is longer.
    Lance length matters because it is also slower in speed, which in turn means the time gap between bad/good/perfect hit is wider and longer. Meaning your timing can be off but it will still be enough to cancel opponents hit, or just kill him as speed is another broken factor in calculating damage, proof of speed being broken is just throwing a crappy axe at a fully armored, max speed galloping knight, and enjoy the corpse launch.
  7. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

I know you probably hate console users, but I think it is completely fair enough for them to wonder when they might get this update. I don’t think it is something to be dismissive or mean about. Presumably, there have been updates on consoles in the past, that came after the pc beta. I have only owned Bannerlord on console for a month so I wouldn’t know. However, if the usual wait time is ‘around’ a month after pc beta, maybe that is a more helpful answer.
    I didn't mean it in a hateful way, that's just the way it is. It can be a period of 1-6 months until a patch is considered out of beta, maybe even longer, so no deadline when it comes out.
  8. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

So how long does the beta last for and I actually see it all come to console?
    Whenever it is ready to be pushed to consoles. There is no time limit.
  9. SP - General Add weapon and armor decay on hardest difficulty

You're missing the point though, the objective of the game is not to have something to spend money on, for my playthroughs its something like this:
    Early game:
    1. Find tournaments, I've noticed they give horses while you are clan tier 0-1, which sell for around 8-14k each.
    2. After getting around 150-300k denars, gear up, meaning get recruits, companions and equipment.
    3. Look for a clan to become mercenary, reason not being money but having somewhere to level up skills.
    Mid game:
    1. After some mercenary work, upgrade gear, upgrade units, level up myself and companions.
    2. At around clan tier 4-5 , join a kingdom, deny all castles given until you are given a town.
    3. Make an untouchable bastion out of said fief with the leveled up brother, that is usually done by doing certain quests which give prosperity after finishing them and leveling governors engineering skill.
    4. Last bit of gear upgrade, tickle in whatever last bit of experience/trait I'm missing.
    Late game:
    1. Paint the map your color.
    Now as you can see these are objectives throughout the gameplay loop, and it gets tedious because its repetitive and pointless doing the same thing over and over. Now you might say there is criminal enterprise you can do, or be a merchant with caravans and workshops, etc. The thing is whatever else idea/objective you might have, it is either broken, half implemented or pointless. For example criminal alleys are half implemented as they are nothing more than a prosperity based income, which we all know towns starve themselves to death day 1, workshops don't have upgrades, income is low due to the economy logic there is, also traits that improve workshops actually make them worse, caravans are pointless, no traits to improve them (carry weight in Trade skill tree did nothing for the profits), no way of upgrading them with better mules, or units, I know there is an option to pay for better units but its just 29 "better" geared dudes who still die no matter what, what if I wanted to upgrade to 50 or 80 people in one caravan.
    TL;DR
    In a RPG/Sandbox style of a game the objective is not linear, it progresses with the story. Linear type games: Cookie clicker, the point being just click to get cookies and spend cookies to make even more cookies so you can spend those again!
    So in Bannerlord you will get flooded on denars, influence, war bands running around to help/fight you and they become irrelevant, so you don't need a reason to go back to spending money, you need a reason to look forward to a new objective.
  10. SP - General Add weapon and armor decay on hardest difficulty

Most tedious mechanic hated on every single game that has it. You want to make the game more fun? Instead of this boring mechanic add an objective selection when creating a character, so instead of ignoring the Destroy Empire/Barbarians you can choose to have a town of 10k prosperity, have x amount of workshops with over x amount of profit, have a criminal enterprise in x amount of cities, basically anything that is considered a "small victory" so you can go into the next objective. But this is too much work for now so lets just stick with fixing the currently broken mechanics.
  11. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

What decide who outrank who when take over a siege? If you a vassal and a tier 6 clan. It would feel strange if some lower clan roll in and take over?
    https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/order-of-battle-bug.457537/post-9870946
  12. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Probably a bug in singleplayer campaign:
    I assembled the dragon banner, equipped it in the banner slot. Then gave banner to lucon with the main quest.
    I still have the banner equipped after I gave it away.
    You dont give the banner, you "present" it, youre still its owner, you can only lose it if the hero that has it equipped dies and you dont remove it from his inventory, or you can loose it if you store the banner in a town and it gets captures by enemies, either the warehouse or personal stash, and I think you also lose it if you lose a battle while its not equipped, I havent tested the latter.
    TL;DR Not a bug, working as intended.
  13. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

We have found some potential pathways to a solution for the audio bug. If all goes well, it should be in the next hotfix (ideally next week).
    Will the smithing bug be fixed by next week as well? The new modifiers take into account the main characters smithing instead of the actual smith.
  14. Death Rate needs to be fixed

@Duh_TaleWorlds The problem is not at the base percentage, the problem is that the chance is true random instead of pseudo-random.
    True Random : Flat value per every occurrence where a defined statement happens or not.
    Pseudo-Random : An increasing chance of a statement happening for every other occurrence where it did not.
    Example: If we have 100 battles going on around the whole map, with true random there may be 0 instances of a lord dying, while with pseudo-random, there will be at LEAST 1 death (taking the death variable as a global, not a character variable, in which case a single character would have to be downed around 50 times for an almost certain chance of death). Now this is a method used in competitive gaming, I know singleplayer isnt competitive, but it still holds the randomness of chance while also allowing the player to have some sort of control on what happens. And Id suggest it rather being a character variable like "health" for example, which diminishes with each lost battle and resets after some amount of time not fighting.
    @Duh_TaleWorlds Sorry to ping you again, but is this a valid option to bring into discussion?
  15. Death Rate needs to be fixed

I'm not asking for a general and global increase in death rate, I just asking for them to review the deaths in combat and auto-battles, THAT'S ALL IF THEY NEED PUT A SLIDER THEN SO BIT OR A OPTION TO INCREASE %
    I did mention a method earlier about how to make sure a character has almost certain chance to die after a few battles, but it kind of got passed over, maybe people don't like it, should we make a poll thread for it?
Back
Top Bottom