Community Board Game - Diplomacy

Diplomacy is a strategic board game. It's a mix of tactical war game and intrigue with negotiation phases and the absence of dice and other game elements that produce random effects.

Quick Overview

Category
Miscellaneous
Language
English (UK)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

Description

Picking up the idea for playing a community board game, Diplomacy, from Xardob old thread. I thought it might be a good opportunity to use the new forum group feature for it, it enables more structured organising and discussions than a simple thread.

The rules for those who want to know what it's talking about. To get a bit a feeling for it you can look up past games here and here.

It's probably still the best idea to use jdip to host the game. Xardob mentions that "the program does almost all of the adjudicating by itself, so it shouldn't give us any trouble during the game. It's also very flexible, the orders can be pasted exactly as I receive them, mistakes and all, or I can manually adjust them so there's no need to actually format it the right way. That would depend on everyone's preference."

Time setting with five days for movement phases and 2 for retreats/builds sounds fine for me. Movements could then be send to the game moderator via pm. Movements and results would be posted in the news feed. Rule discussions and other stuff belong to the respective discussion boards.

Staff member

Back
Top Bottom