New Bannerlord DLC " Digital Companion "

Users who are viewing this thread

Everyone seems to be complaining about this "dlc" and I don't see why... it's basically an artbook with some lore and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I for one appreciate it, especially since it was for free! :iamamoron:

Quest Started: Revenue Farming

You begin collecting monehs, but notice some of the PC players grumbling and grabbing pitchforks at the mention of paid DLC already. You decide to...
  • Have your moderators silence them
  • Let existing players get DLC for free, but new owners must pay up
  • Let everyone have the DLC for free
Most of the PC crowd disperses, and Lord Armagan is satisfied.
+5 Generosity

Everyone seems to be complaining about this "dlc" and I don't see why... it's basically an artbook with some lore and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Well... I wouldn't pay for it. Though I don't think I'd buy any DLC from TW at this point. Still I got the impression any paid DLC was a long ways off, remember "no plans for DLC", and yet here we are with TW trying to make extra money already from those who don't know better. (Console sales probably weren't that good)

I appreciate TW trying to add some lore/depth to the game world, but considering all characters in the game may as well be cardboard cutouts seems a bit misplaced. Crazy idea but maybe make the game an actual RPG, before pretending it is one. Also there's only a small bit of artwork, and not even the full soundtrack, so eh.

A few points I would complain about this DLC:
-It shows us how TW could have done better with the lore of the game. The map is awsome... why not adding it in the game directly? Thinking about this, the whole thing should be part of the game...
-The price... I mean... 10€ for a short audiobook like that?

Last edited:
Quest Started: Revenue Farming

You begin collecting monehs, but notice some of the PC players grumbling and grabbing pitchforks at the mention of paid DLC already. You decide to...
  • Have your moderators silence them
  • Let existing players get DLC for free, but new owners must pay up
  • Let everyone have the DLC for free
Most of the PC crowd disperses, and Lord Armagan is satisfied.
+5 Generosity
Your reputation with Corporate Investors has increased by 1.

It is a nice addition, i wont lie, and more lore is always welcome, but the timing feels off, giving off the stench of money grubbing by using leftover texts from the writer. At this point, i fear they wont hire anyone else to do more writing and actually improve the lore and flavor aspects of the game. I'd love to be wrong, though. Prove me wrong, TaleWorlds. DO EET.

Then again, people are very much correct since the start of EA: traits and personality still have no effect on characters. If at the very least you had a different set of greetings according to the heaviest trait (i believe in-system calcs take into accoubt a #score on traits, whichever has the biggest number, either positive or negative, sets off the greeting flavors). Being a douchebag is awful, but very human.

Or if at least cruel lords exexuted prisoners.. that'd leave a mark somewhere and give depth.

But i fear TW is out of its depth by being deliberately shallow.
Prove me wrong, please.

The issue with this 'DLC' - though I'm sure everyone here got it as a freebie - is that it isn't a freebie moving forward and just another opportunity for more sales on a still to be completed/fixed game.

How many 'categories' in the encyclopedia are just 1-sentence info...the most 'descriptive' being the starting rulers (3-4 sentences!); even if none of that technically affects gameplay whatsoever with their traits. So, sure, more info/lore things are great, selling it, particularly at this state/stage of the game is just poorly timed optics-wise imo; especially since we won't be getting a patch until the new year (cited holidays).

Might as well add a cosmetic shop while you still have somewhat of an 'eager' playerbase before it drops in a few weeks time.

Well... I wouldn't pay for it. Though I don't think I'd buy any DLC from TW at this point. Still I got the impression any paid DLC was a long ways off, remember "no plans for DLC", and yet here we are with TW trying to make extra money already from those who don't know better. (Console sales probably weren't that good)

I appreciate TW trying to add some lore/depth to the game world, but considering all characters in the game may as well be cardboard cutouts seems a bit misplaced. Crazy idea but maybe make the game an actual RPG, before pretending it is one. Also there's only a small bit of artwork, and not even the full soundtrack, so eh.
Let's not pretend TW selling the equivalent of an artbook makes them evil or incredibly greedy. There's a lot of concept art, they capitalized on it... fine. It's not like the content of this downloadable content is essential in any way whatsoever. It's more of a nice thing to have if you want to support TW or just want a (I assume, haven't gotten around to explore it yet) cohesive art book. 10* bucks could be too much, but again the content is absolutely non-essential.

The game is nowhere near what (most) vets expected, me included, but this artbook doesn't sound so bad... It's not a cardinal sin at least, unless it is baren.

A few points I would complain about this DLC:
-It shows us how TW could have done better with the lore of the game. The map is awsome... why not adding it in the game directly? Thinking about this, the whole thing should be part of the game...
-The price... I mean... 10€ for a short audiobook like that?

I agree with what you are saying, except for the second part but that's only because I haven't looked into it yet, can't make up an opinion yet.

Honestly I was kind of relieved that the "DLC" was just an artbook... because with its name I had a minute or two wondering if they had actually dared to sell an actual DLC/game extension, for companions no less given the title...

So eh :roll:

PS: Also agree with Axxoy.

So in the next patch will it fix bugs, crashes and lag?

oh-wait-youre-serious.gif

Oh well. Looks like EA bought out mount and blade. They making lore that doesn’t make sense while the game is losing interest because they won’t add new content or fix bugs.

Back
Top Bottom