New Bannerlord DLC " Digital Companion "

Users who are viewing this thread

DLC is not free for me? I have purchased steam version years ago?
Edit: Ah sorry, I just noticed its already available in my library, thanks!

Do you have to have 1.0.2 as the current version, or does it work with older (for example, 1.0.1)?
Update: Confirmed it only seems to work with 1.0.2 so far, which makes sense. Alright, going to check it out now :smile:

Last edited:
Oh, so this is more like a collector's edition digital merch rather than an actual dlc I guess? If this "dlc" is adding new lore, it would be great to see these pieces of lore added to the game (e.g. companions talking about their home town/castle/village like in warband). 10 quid for this seems a lot tbh, but whatever. It would also be great if we got a chunky update for christmas/new years like the last 2 years.
New lore thats completely useless because again, it's just flavor text and none of that stuff makes the game any more interesting

New lore thats completely useless because again, it's just flavor text and none of that stuff makes the game any more interesting
Supposed flavor/lore text that was intended to be within that encyclopedia in-game. But since they mentioned they are making that encyclopedia less omniscient (ie fog-of-war); I bet they decided to pivot it over to this current 'companion' thing instead as content and sell as a DLC. Also why there was probably practically no improvements/changes to that encyclopedia stuff because of this move.

Supposed flavor/lore text that was intended to be within that encyclopedia in-game. But since they mentioned they are making that encyclopedia less omniscient (ie fog-of-war); I bet they decided to pivot it over to this current 'companion' thing instead as content and sell as a DLC. Also why there was probably practically no improvements/changes to that encyclopedia stuff because of this move.
The encyclopedia "fog of war" system has nothing to do with the digital companion. Nor is the encyclopedia any less knowledgeable - the player needs to meet conditions to access certain information, but no information has been removed or would need to be removed for this feature to function.

Thanks for the appreciation! Will get my hands on it when I update the game, for now, I am remaining in 1.0.1 until further additions are made. Thanks again for giving a nod to us Early Access enjoyers.

I had a look at the Digital Companion and I must say it is really nice. The story of the traveler, the map, the artwork, all is very beautiful.

But as I looked through the artwork I go a little bit sad i must say. I know I am not the only one who finds the clan banners in game rather lackluster. Just a single symbol on a one color background. Very simple.

Personally I always had this idea why not start with a simple banner and as the clan level rises your banner becomes more elaborate with decorations and stuff. A Kings clan banner would have all kinds of frills and stuff hanging from it and you would see it on the campaign map.
Anyways as i looked through the artwork it looks like that was actually what they had planned in the beginning! You can clearly see a progression of beautiful banners getting more elaborate. What happened?! Another nice feature that has been cut?

I really hope at some point Taleworlds revisions "the vision" and includes some of those early features.

And it´s ONLY 7,99€! You could get some great games on Steam for 7,99€ or you can get this awesome companion!

1*MzqQm_K3sdO8RFibufJJBA.jpeg
Isn't it free? I have it and didn't pay anything.

Okay, I gonna admit, I like this digital companion...
This kind of connection with the lore should be more present in the game as well (dialogs variation and coherence...).
Please TW keep focusing on that aspect with your future updates.

Reading it just reminds me of how many game mechanics don't work. :sad:

"Caladog is a clever and calculating man. He chooses deliberately to act arbitrarily and impulsively."
Oh wait, Personality Traits don't actually have any noticeable effect on lord behaviour in Bannerlord. All the rulers pretty much act the same...

"Olek was leading resistance in the Sturgian council of boyars to a law that would allow Raganvad to hire mercenaries for protection. He said that some boyars, who licked Raganvad's boots, would back the law, but men like Olek, who realised that Sturgians had pride, would never stand for this."
What happens in the actual game? Lords almost always vote the same way on everything. It's rare to see an actual divided vote.

"From time to time I caught glimpse of fires burning in the woods off the trail. Villagers told me these were the Forest People, who burn down forests and grow their crops there, moving about from place to place. Sometimes they trade, sometimes they fight."
Forest People, like all the other minor factions in the game, just do mercenary work and nothing else.

(in a siege) "Our archon Turiados had surrendered,"
No garrison or lord party ever surrenders!!

It's nice of Taleworlds to create a pretty compilation of concept art and music which they already had lying around anyway, but could we actually get a functional game?

It's nice of Taleworlds to create a pretty compilation of concept art and music which they already had lying around anyway, but could we actually get a functional game?
No, but you'll get a director's cut version of Bannerlord with Armagan commenting on every feature and doing all the voice work.

Back
Top Bottom