Ukraine Today

Users who are viewing this thread

This isn't true. HIMARS has been found to be not very effective against Russia's air defense systems. There is a reason why Turkey who is not allied with Russia choose to purchase Russia's air defense system over the US's.. because its far superior.

This isn't true. HIMARS has been found to be not very effective against Russia's air defense systems. There is a reason why Turkey who is not allied with Russia choose to purchase Russia's air defense system over the US's.. because its far superior.
That must be why Ukraine's in full retreat. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-n...mars-opened-door-ukraines-liberation-kherson/

Clearly, reports from TASS are more reliable: https://tass.com/politics/1501747

No missile system is infallible, but Himars seems to being performing to spec in combat. BTW Turkey ordered the Russian S-400 missile system in 2017 before current demonstrations of Himars performance. Maybe, Turkey struck a cheap deal.

I wonder if Russia sweetened the deal?

Last edited:
This 'live reporting' from a war is really disturbing.
I hope you're safe and there's enough anti air missile systems to at least prevent total blackouts and mass murder.
What's the shelter/bunker situation? Are there any and are people using them?
There is not enough anti air to shield from such massive rocket strikes. 15 power grid objects damaged or destroyed. Along with some civilian houses and a Polish tractor. Several regions blacked out completely. We’ll see if we can rebuild. In my house we got the power back.
Shelter situation is different from city to city. But you can’t really achieve mass murder with X rockets. Too expensive. Strikes on the infrastructure makes more impact.
RUSSIA JUST BOMBED POLAND WERE ALL GONNA FATALLY DIE THE END IS COMING
Nothing is going to happen.

That must be why Ukraine's in full retreat. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-n...mars-opened-door-ukraines-liberation-kherson/

Clearly, reports from TASS are more reliable: https://tass.com/politics/1501747

No missile system is infallible, but Himars seems to being performing to spec in combat. BTW Turkey ordered the Russian S-400 missile system in 2017 before current demonstrations of Himars performance. Maybe, Turkey struck a cheap deal.

I wonder if Russia sweetened the deal?

You're right Ukraine should retreat. They have upwards of 300,000 casualties. Which is what gets left out of reports of their counter offensives. This isn't a war its a slaughter. It seems Russia does their best to preserve their most important resource by organized retreats. Too bad we can't say the same of Ukraine.

You're right Ukraine should retreat. They have upwards of 300,000 casualties. Which is what gets left out of reports of their counter offensives. This isn't a war its a slaughter. It seems Russia does their best to preserve their most important resource by organized retreats. Too bad we can't say the same of Ukraine.
Every single source I can find online, including Al Jazeera, put casualty estimates at roughly 100k for each side. Where are you getting 300k from?

300k is a silly number. Note that Russians had to mass mobilize after half a year of the conflict. We didn’t. And we’re still on the offensive. Currently we don’t need to retreat anywhere on strategic level. I don’t know how you put together your picture of this war but you can discard it because it’s a fantasy.

What’s real is the terror on civilian population. Massive blackout in my city. No electricity since early morning. It’s dark, freezing. No tap water. This can be a real problem if they continue targeting civilians. It is possible that being unable to win conventionally they will take the terror tactic as far as the global community lets them. And seeing the reactions so far, there is a long way yet to go. Millions of people, me included, will live through a real hell this winter.

Every single source I can find online, including Al Jazeera, put casualty estimates at roughly 100k for each side. Where are you getting 300k from?
A few months ago the Ukranian govt released casualty numbers and they were at 280,000. Now it must be upwards of at least 300,000. The US state dept had similar estimates. Russia's casualties was estimated at 90,000 which is probably way too high an estimate.

300k is a silly number. Note that Russians had to mass mobilize after half a year of the conflict. We didn’t. And we’re still on the offensive. Currently we don’t need to retreat anywhere on strategic level. I don’t know how you put together your picture of this war but you can discard it because it’s a fantasy.

What’s real is the terror on civilian population. Massive blackout in my city. No electricity since early morning. It’s dark, freezing. No tap water. This can be a real problem if they continue targeting civilians. It is possible that being unable to win conventionally they will take the terror tactic as far as the global community lets them. And seeing the reactions so far, there is a long way yet to go. Millions of people, me included, will live through a real hell this winter.
It is a silly number. I feel for you. I really do. Truth is your country got in bed with the wrong girl (NATO) and now you're paying the price for it. It's a shame and never needed to happen.

I also think that Russia proved to be a more reasonable diplomatic partner by tearing a good chunk out of Ukraine and returning for more, not to mention constant drivel about how their ex-'partners' from Warsaw Pact turning their back on them proves that they were ungrateful bastards.

There's no choice when neutrality proved to be a no-go and one of the sides actively promotes that you should cease to exist.

A few months ago the Ukranian govt released casualty numbers and they were at 280,000. Now it must be upwards of at least 300,000. The US state dept had similar estimates. Russia's casualties was estimated at 90,000 which is probably way too high an estimate.
Typically when someone asks for a source the expectation is that one will answer with a link or a reference of some kind that will enable the reader to double check the claim that is being made. How would you suggest I do that here?

A few months ago the Ukranian govt released casualty numbers and they were at 280,000. Now it must be upwards of at least 300,000. The US state dept had similar estimates.
That never happened. I called the numbers silly because they are made up by some loon on Reddit. And I will predict that you will not be able to link to an official source because lizardmen erased it from the internet.
Truth is your country got in bed with the wrong girl (NATO)
Before 2014 less than 15% of the population were pro nato. Even after Russian incursion in Crimea and Donbas it was still less than 40%. Now it’s probably higher but the truth is that before the invasion there was neither popular support for joining nato, nor political will, nor real steps in that direction.

You are filling your brain with information that is not grounded in reality. And you are trying to explain something to a person who is experiencing this reality first hand. You need to educate yourself and learn to work with sources if you want to be taken seriously.

That never happened. I called the numbers silly because they are made up by some loon on Reddit. And I will predict that you will not be able to link to an official source because lizardmen erased it from the internet.

Before 2014 less than 15% of the population were pro nato. Even after Russian incursion in Crimea and Donbas it was still less than 40%. Now it’s probably higher but the truth is that before the invasion there was neither popular support for joining nato, nor political will, nor real steps in that direction.

You are filling your brain with information that is not grounded in reality. And you are trying to explain something to a person who is experiencing this reality first hand. You need to educate yourself and learn to work with sources if you want to be taken seriously.
Truth is I don't care if you take me seriously. That's none of my concern. Enjoy your war.

Typically when someone asks for a source the expectation is that one will answer with a link or a reference of some kind that will enable the reader to double check the claim that is being made. How would you suggest I do that here?
I don't know where your from. Get a vpn.

Is it true the missile that hit Poland was accidentally fired from Ukraine? Or is the other bit of news the real one, where it was fired from Russia but malfunctioned and so hit Poland?

Likely a Ukrainian anti-air missile gone astray.
In any case it will be seen as collateral damage and it will be of no importance.
You're right Ukraine should retreat. They have upwards of 300,000 casualties.
The Ukrainian armed forces have never even been estimated that high. Perhaps about 200,000 at the start of the war.
That number is made up. Are you watching Russian news? Where is that number from?
In any case losses that high would have meant a complete collapse of the Ukrainian army, which clearly hasn't happened.

Last edited:
Is it true the missile that hit Poland was accidentally fired from Ukraine? Or is the other bit of news the real one, where it was fired from Russia but malfunctioned and so hit Poland?
AFAIK Russia was firing cruise missiles.The bomb site in Poland is probably beyond the 150-200km range of an S-300 or S-400 missile unless fired by Ukraine or from Belarus. No air defence interceptors would have been launched without the Russian attack. Unfortunately, Russian manufactured air defense systems aren't as reliable as @diehold thinks.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Still only unattributed leaks ATM
It's funny how Zelensky still denies it. Not good optics for his and Ukraine's trustworthiness, despite the West's high tolerance for Ukrainian propaganda.
If it was Russian, the Ukrainians would already have presentable proof putting the issue beyond doubt.

Back
Top Bottom