Bannerlord Full Release Date Updates

Users who are viewing this thread

Glad this is finally coming out to full release on PC, hopefully they continue their updates as their press release has promised.

I expect (and hope for) just four things from Taleworlds for the Oct. 25th PC full release:

1. Private servers for the public
2. Gaming controller support for PC
3. Give the modders all tools necessary
4. Release a stable game that doesn’t crash in multiplayer

That’s it. It’s not a big ask, hopefully they come through for us.

the-office-pam-beesly.gif

>2 years after... It's all over but the shouting 😌🎻

I still like Bannerlord, despite its unfulfilled potential and I definitely find some of the toxic moaners are painfully stuck in mindless loops that won't get anywhere.
I like Bannerlord too and I'm glad they finally decided to put an end to this EA.
Hopefully "the toxic moaners" will finally accept what BL is and what it will not be...

A ways ahead

As the attentive reader will surely have noticed, there are some topics that we haven’t covered yet. In our future plans, we spoke about Banner Bearers, Claimant Quests, Sally Outs and Vocalization. These are all areas that we are still pursuing, but they will require some time yet. Once we have made more progress on them and other topics, we will be happy to share further details.
I just wonder how much of this will make it into release or if this will all be part of their post launch updates. Honestly though I'm glad we are finally getting out of EA.

To all those who helped test during EA, well done. Can you imagine the state of the game if this community had just stood idly by? We might not of gotten through all the wishes the community had but I still feel like we made a significant impact in our own ways.
giphy.gif

I find it hilarious that people are in here defending this and acting like other customers rightfully angry over this colossal wreck of a game are in the wrong for expecting the game to actually be good and finished by the time it drops out of EA, with all of the features promised at start and functionality of a decent video game.

Blind loyalty can be found everywhere, all of the time.

I find it hilarious that people are in here defending this and acting like other customers rightfully angry over this colossal wreck of a game are in the wrong for expecting the game to actually be good and finished by the time it drops out of EA, with all of the features promised at start and functionality of a decent video game.

It's probably both that and the thrill some people get from disagreeing with other people.
Personally, I find it quaint at this point. Like when I see the special needs kid headbutting the neighbor's dog.

Overdone criticism can be found too, resulting from an uncritical relation to the own expectations and view of the world, sometimes coupled with nostalgic feelings. For me who found Warband bland and boring at the core it was not a big surprise that BL wasn't the deep life simulation many hoped to find. Despite it's many flaws (no I in AI, mostly) it still has potential for some fun, and people defending that aren't blind.

I just wonder how much of this will make it into release or if this will all be part of their post launch updates. Honestly though I'm glad we are finally getting out of EA.

To all those who helped test during EA, well done. Can you imagine the state of the game if this community had just stood idly by? We might not of gotten through all the wishes the community had but I still feel like we made a significant impact in our own ways.
And you added a big chunk to that information if I remember well, thank you and the other constructive people for this. :smile:

And you added a big chunk to that information if I remember well, thank you and the other constructive people for this. :smile:
+1
@Blood Gryphon is one of those who kept a positive and constructive attitude and brought a lot of useful statistics on every major patches release (snowballing monitoring).
He also managed to convince TW to add mechanics improving the game experience (afaik peace proposal from enemy player (as a king), mercenary service proposal etc...)
Cheers to you man!

Overdone criticism can be found too, resulting from an uncritical relation to the own expectations and view of the world, sometimes coupled with nostalgic feelings. For me who found Warband bland and boring at the core it was not a big surprise that BL wasn't the deep life simulation many hoped to find. Despite it's many flaws (no I in AI, mostly) it still has potential for some fun, and people defending that aren't blind.

That's all well and good, but I didn't say people who are having fun with the game and defending that are blind. I said the people defending "this" is blind. "This" here meaning full release at current state, like it's some completed game. It isn't. And there's absolutely no denying that. The game is largely a buggy, performance problem, AI broken, feature missing slog. It is not ready for full release. It's nowhere near ready. So yes, those who make those sorts of comments about a game in which the AI still can't manage its way up a ladder, are without a shadow of a doubt completely blind loyalists.

I still like Bannerlord, despite its unfulfilled potential and I definitely find some of the toxic moaners are painfully stuck in mindless loops that won't get anywhere.
I don't think the community is that toxic - I've seen toxic, but this ain't it.

Many individuals have left plenty of valid criticism over the past 2 years and honestly the community has done a lot of the developer's job for them despite not even being actual beta testers. I'm glad there's a group of folks who can appreciate the game as is, but a 15,000 something community is pretty piddly and I would not relish that. Like being the two kids in the chess club, while everyone else is attending homecoming.

There isn't going to be any grand revitalization of this game, especially not with MP, despite people thinking custom servers will usher in that same golden era of Warband."It's dead Jim." This game is slowly fading away. Any hope of this being a "genre" is going away too. And I don't think there's much of an audience for a MB3 since I've yet to hear anyone speak of Bannerlord in a nostalgic fashion like Warband was/is.

I know there's a couple of substantial mods in the works, though it's anyone's guess as to which ones will truly be completed. Nevermind that a great deal of Quality of Life mods have been abandoned.

IDK it seems like a defeat to me

I suspect we might get one more patch, hopefully as substantial as 1.8. But if it breaks a bunch of stuff... not much time between now and October 25th to fix it.
:roll:

the-office-pam-beesly.gif

>2 years after... It's all over but the shouting 😌🎻

LOL, honestly I'd say the EA trailer is better edited too

Well the important thing is the healing process can begin. No more false hope of a "magic patch". Bannerlord is what is, and that's that.

For me playing Bannerlord is akin to letting my American Bulldog sleep with his massive head on my stomach. At first it's fine but as time goes by it gets worse and worse until it's so painful I have to stop. :iamamoron:

+1
@Blood Gryphon is one of those who kept a positive and constructive attitude and brought a lot of useful statistics on every major patches release (snowballing monitoring).
He also managed to convince TW to add mechanics improving the game experience (afaik peace proposal from enemy player (as a king), mercenary service proposal etc...)
Cheers to you man!

He also contributed to our cause on another front. :wink:

p7CxCHJ.jpg

I like Bannerlord too and I'm glad they finally decided to put an end to this EA.
Hopefully "the toxic moaners" will finally accept what BL is and what it will not be...
you do understand that the game has barely evolved since EA release in 2020 right? The only thing they've done was fix a few things, resolve crashes (game's theoretically stable now, but anyone who mods it thoroughly knows it really isn't even enough) and add some questionable balancing. Some of the features at outrageously bad, like the crafting. Releasing like this could mean they won't ever "fix" bad implementations, and that's very concerning.

LOL, honestly I'd say the EA trailer is better edited too

Well the important thing is the healing process can begin. No more false hope of a "magic patch". Bannerlord is what is, and that's that.
with no major plans to change some things in it, than the "what it is" is crap. The game's too disjointed and missing basic stuff that Warband had, that's unacceptable because Warband wasn't the best at anything, and yet managed to be better than BL, still is to this date, and it's TW's managements fault for refusing to listen to their community during the course of a decade.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom