New Armağan Yavuz Interview

Users who are viewing this thread

Wow, I have never seen so many modders, developers and community managers in these threads all at once. All hands are on the deck for so much needed damage control, it seems.

Because, you know, even the most devoted fans are getting very angry with the current state of the game.
And I can't blame them. Especially when the lead developer openly states that PC IS NOT A PRIORITY.

Seriously, how are you even going to accomplish that? The PC version is a barely playable fish skeleton after 12+ years of "development". Do you guys know that there is NO EARLY ACCESS ON CONSOLES? I know it is hard to comprehend, but YOU WILL ACTUALLY HAVE TO MAKE A COMPLETE GAME! You won't even be able to turn those console players into free beta-testers, who pay you money (like us).

...People still playing WB on consoles even though there is no mods, no patches and pratically no multiplayer support...
?‍♀️ ?‍♂️
I can belive that. Console players has absurdly low standarts.

This interview explains why after 1 year i returned in game in pretty much the same state with same huge problems

In my country we love to say "if you are trying to catch two rabbits you will catch none"

...People still playing WB on consoles even though there is no mods, no patches and pratically no multiplayer support...
?‍♀️ ?‍♂️
People also played Cyberpunk on the PS4/X1 when it was released so...

And keep it mind that Warband was like a relic from older times when it was ported to consoles, the consoles didn´t had any performance issues with the game. But now the consoles are responsible for Bannerlord beeing dumbed down because it seems like consoles are the lead platform. At least I haven´t seen anything about that the console version will be different to the pc version.

Xbox One was released in 2013. You can get a very cheap "gaming" pc that will easily outperform the old consoles.

I mean if this was a secret then either - A: you weren't paying close attention to development, or B: your critical thinking ability is somewhat hampered.
until last year it was communicated that the development is focused on pc. the suspicion that it hasnt been communicated was not comming out of nowhere. iam sorry it wasnt possible for me to read every forum and reddit threads about consoles. i dont even have a phone. critical thinking is misplaced here. it's about a company iam not part of. it was about what taleworlds is communicating. it's not about what i think what might could be or not. no need to get cocky benjamin.

Development for other platforms means only splitting resources to something never fitting together.
Momentary the now past steamdownload for PC finance the coming console versions, also there is nothing finished.
If Bannerlord had been released in a stable fine version then they could also produce a bannerlord series for TV.
But please not together.
Withdraw now in this stage resources for other developments is in no way something fine.
I dont think that after release millions new copies will be sold at once for PC. So clear TW wants hopefully safe new income.
Nothing illegal.
And it seems in mind PC version is already in past perhaps even a necessary relic.
I hope all that is not true for Bannerlord :wink:

Prioritise the sheer quality of your product and you will not only make money....but you will be remembered and respected for years.

Prioritise immediate profit and sales over everything (consoles in this case) and you will only earn disdain and anger... even from your most loyal fans.

It's a shame that TW have clearly chosen to do the latter.

The only 'ace they have up their sleeve' to partially save them from their awful choice is the modding community... who will add the depth and quality.

Last edited:
Well, bannerlord don't have high spec requirements. That's said, I'm not sure if Xbox would handle even ultra-low setting, and how dumb ai would be - hopefully only dumbed down for consoles.

Well, bannerlord don't have high spec requirements. That's said, I'm not sure if Xbox would handle even ultra-low setting, and how dumb ai would be - hopefully only dumbed down for consoles.
I have i5 8400. It is like 20% stronger then ps4 cpu. And it cant handle even 300 v 300. If they reduce battle size to like 200 man then may be.

I have i5 8400. It is like 20% stronger then ps4 cpu. And it cant handle even 300 v 300. If they reduce battle size to like 200 man then may be.
You can´t compare it that way because of the OS and design of consoles. The console CPU doesn´t have to handle an entire OS and a ****load of other programms as a PC CPU.

In my country we love to say "if you are trying to catch two rabbits you will catch none"
Well I completely agree. I understand the need to make money, I know they are changing offices, hopefully for the better, I don't know TW's working conditions, but a lot of devs and an office space requires money and resources.

Yet... I feel like they could have achieved a faster release in all these years had they focused everything on a good PC release to port afterwards, with different UI systems being developed for them, accompanied with a big announcement for it. I don't know exactly how many people they've got making the port, but I'm sure it must be not an easy task, specially if you're making it for both PS4/5 and Xbox. To even think about doing that feels like walking yourself into a trap given how this game plays.
For me these choices show the main problem these games have had in the development process: good intentions, but a lack of focus and strange decisions hampering their own work.

I have a laptop rog strix i7 with 2060 and I can run 1000vs battles, both open field and sieges.
Everything at highest settings...
I don't think the i5 is your main constraint.
What your "can run" means? I "can run" 1000 v 1000 on 20-30 FPS. ( i forgot that console players use word "run" to describe 30 FPS slideshow)
CPU 99%
RAM 12 gb of 16
GPU 60%

But of course is not cpu bottleneck

What your "can run" means? I "can run" 1000 v 1000 on 20-30 FPS.
CPU 99%
RAM 12 gb of 16
GPU 60%

But of course is not cpu bottleneck
Running nicely and smoothly, no stuttering or so...
I never had such a high cpu usage, are you using mods etc. ?
If you have time you could try to report this and use TW's telemetry branch.

Running nicely and smoothly, no stuttering or so...
I never had such a high cpu usage, are you using mods etc. ?
If you have time you could try to report this and use TW's telemetry branch.
It is running okay at 100 FPS right before melee clash. Then i have like 70 FPS drop until pretty much everyone dies.
Hit and collision calculations eat all my CPU i guess. Temp is fine, no throttling

Atleast it was like that year ago. I ll try to test if right now. My ram speed is not so good too. But intel dont depends on that so much.

Last edited:
Anyone who knows me here know i obsess over the Arma game (20 year long player) and they have just gone the exact same route. That is -releasing their new "game" ` Arma Reforger on Consoles alongside PC. It has no game editor which has long been the champion feature of the Arma games and has consoled many other attributes as well. On the positive -it does look great on their new engine and does have new modding tools -but the jury is still out on whether we got sold out or not yet.

In short -this is gonna be the status quo from here on out for all niche favorite PC games -the possible Bank payout is just to tempting to the PC developers anymore, none will hold out imo. What they should be doing in good faith is offering up the game far cheaper to PC gamers -as we are the reason they got to that position in the first place and we also have to accept the new limitations imposed by dual development so that they can score rich. Reforger was only $30, what is Bannerlords excuse?

It is running okay at 100 FPS right before melee clash. Then i have like 70 FPS drop until pretty much everyone dies.
Hit and collision calculations eat all my CPU i guess. Temp is fine, no throttling

Atleast it was like that year ago. I ll try to test if right now. My ram speed is not so good too. But intel dont depends on that so much.
Oh that's definitely not normal. Don't hesitate reporting should you still have such fps drop.
Anyone who knows me here know i obsess over the Arma game (20 year long player) and they have just gone the exact same route. That is -releasing their new "game" ` Arma Reforger on Consoles alongside PC. It has no game editor which has long been the champion feature of the Arma games and has consoled many other attributes as well. On the positive -it does look great on their new engine and does have new modding tools -but the jury is still out on whether we got sold out or not yet.

In short -this is gonna be the status quo from here on out for all niche favorite PC games -the possible Bank payout is just to tempting to the PC developers anymore, none will hold out imo. What they should be doing in good faith is offering up the game far cheaper to PC gamers -as we are the reason they got to that position in the first place and we also have to accept the new limitations imposed by dual development so that they can score rich. Reforger was only $30, what is Bannerlords excuse?
Well, recent communications tend to show that TW is taking into consideration some of the old fanbase requests.
I personally like BL, enjoying the game and its modability.
So I don't feel like they need to justify their price... But they definitely need to improve their communication and deliver all the features announced since August 21 (+criminal enterprise and other stuff confirmed recently).

Back
Top Bottom