MP Native Kingdoms [Persistent Kingdoms Successor]

Users who are viewing this thread

Roy had some community meeting where he alludes 5 weeks from now to late summer, so unfortunately a lot of people are going to be disappointed when that's not the case lol. Remember kids they don't do anything fast, so take whatever Roy said with a boulder of salt.
Just...not what happened, but okay lol

Just...not what happened, but okay lol
I listened to the meeting as it's posted on youtube. Did you wanna listen to it again maybe?

"Of what I based on talking to some Devs and the Modders and what not, you know based on the recent news of the private servers being tested basically that's what we're in right now, phase one. I'm not exactly sure how long that will last but you know, 2 to 3 weeks, maybe a little bit longer, ummmm, directly after that they will be releasing the private servers."

"-After that it (PK) will go into mod development, which they've done most of the work thus far, uhhh, for the mod so all they really need to do is put it together on a server and then test a few things and uhhhh, then the mod will basically be ready to go. Testing the mod will probably take a week or two figuring out some bugs, and then after that, we have the mod. So if you add all these times up, roughly mid to late summer, maybe early Autumn, fall, based on whatever you call it."

So your timeline is basically 5 weeks, which is already incredibly way too soon, but then you do say early summer, late summer, autumn or fall, which is at least a bit more realistic.

Here's the video if you wanna hear yourself I guess.

I don't know how Late summer/early autumn is 5 weeks from now...
That's exactly what I was thinking, which is why it was so strange that you have some 5 week timeline going in that meeting. Again you can just listen to it, we both hear the same things as we both speak English I assume. You said the server testing Taleworlds is doing will be 2 to 3 weeks from what the Devs you talk to say. Then you say the mod will be tested for 1 to 2 weeks, and then as you say, "basically we have the mod!"

That adds up to 5 weeks. I would just be careful talking about timelines and stuff as you have a large community that looks to you for news and updates for some reason, and you have no idea if what you're saying is remotely accurate, no one does. Taleworlds takes laughably long times to put anything out.

I will happily eat crow if for some reason 5 weeks from now we're all playing, as I'm looking forward to it as well obviously, but no reason to get everyone riled up for no reason.

Getting the thread back on track to the topic. Does the mod intend to use Bannerlord’s siege capture points system for taking castles, or the PW banner capture point system? I think the siege system in bannerlord could be used pretty well for Kingdoms and could be an interesting way to take into account closer spawning/give an incentive to hold outer parts of a castle. Sorry if this was answered already.

Getting the thread back on track to the topic. Does the mod intend to use Bannerlord’s siege capture points system for taking castles, or the PW banner capture point system? I think the siege system in bannerlord could be used pretty well for Kingdoms and could be an interesting way to take into account closer spawning/give an incentive to hold outer parts of a castle. Sorry if this was answered already.
They were planning on firstly doing a typical PK experience before moving onto improving upon existing systems

I mean you had some castles in PW where you required capping 2 flags, i suspect it could be done in a similar way
Exactly my thought. While its nice aspect of the game to have to factor in having enough people bring banners to the point where you have at least one surviving to capture the castle, I think the idea of having multiple capture points that slowly recede if taken by an enemy (and perhaps could even be repaired by a friendly master smith/engineer) will help to flesh out a castle and make people actually care about defending the whole thing. Sure, you can hold right at the banner, but then the enemy will have closer spawns (spawning inside the castle would likely be too OP, it could be that you take one of the points and you can thus spawn at a nearby village or right outside the castle gates). Could be a good element to help make siege warfare a lot more fun, as if it wasn't fun already.

Exactly my thought. While its nice aspect of the game to have to factor in having enough people bring banners to the point where you have at least one surviving to capture the castle, I think the idea of having multiple capture points that slowly recede if taken by an enemy (and perhaps could even be repaired by a friendly master smith/engineer) will help to flesh out a castle and make people actually care about defending the whole thing. Sure, you can hold right at the banner, but then the enemy will have closer spawns (spawning inside the castle would likely be too OP, it could be that you take one of the points and you can thus spawn at a nearby village or right outside the castle gates). Could be a good element to help make siege warfare a lot more fun, as if it wasn't fun already.
Some kind of foothold would make sense when besieging a castle and act as temporary forward base. It would be a better gameplay loop for attackers instead of having to walk all the way there.

Perhaps some kind of destructible cart that can be used as a forward point and uses some type of resources (thinking about foxhole, they use soldier supplies) and has thus a limit amount of spawns because of it, making the sieges a question of time and attrition for attackers (which makes sense) and for defenders more about inflicting the most casualties while not giving an inch of ground. I think giving unlimited spawns to close to the besieged castle would be pretty OP.

Honestly there is a lot of ways this can be approached and i think this will be something that will need to be experimented on a lot if we want to stop the running naked through the map for 10 mins, die and repeat.

Honestly there is a lot of ways this can be approached and i think this will be something that will need to be experimented on a lot if we want to stop the running naked through the map for 10 mins, die and repeat.
Exactly. Until we can actually test things, your guess is as good as mine. I think though the testing will need to be gradual and very minute. What I mean is, not too drastic, tinkering slowly towards something. Because, for example, say you decide to put a forward spawn in a castle's outer courtyard, and that proves to be way too overpowered, a clan could lose a huge siege because of it, get super salty and be able to blame their loss on the mod's development, which is never good for anyone involved (aside from the losers shifting blame). As long as forward spawns can a) be broken by defenders, like in Battle Cry of Freedom and b) not be put too close to the last capture point, I think it could work well.

in general about speed of development: As soon as we have a playable PW experience we'll try and release the mod so people can already start playing and especially important: give feedback to us on bugs and user experience. How complete this first PW style mod will be, I don't know, we see how fast things go. Just bear in mind that most of us work fulltime in normal professions.

What I hope for is some sort of easy and convenient way for players to update the mod, since in development we will have many release iterations. Best thing would still be if TW would actually allow mods to be set server side and then synced to a connection client. Obviously with all the security implications in mind, some sort of opt-in way would be the most convenient for mod developers, server owners and players.

About sieges: yep we wanna add as much depth to that as we see fit and obviously as much as players like it. Definitely more than just destorying gates, climbing ladders and capturing a flag is what I hope for, if possible. I'd be happy to steal some of the fun stuff from native sieges

Is any scene designed in new engine for this mod? Will it be possible to see 10-20 castle or factions, for instance?
You can put as many castles as you wish and make the map as large as you wish (to a limit). Whether people will be able to run a server with a map that large, or a server which can handle enough people to populate those castles/factions, is another story.

What I hope for is some sort of easy and convenient way for players to update the mod, since in development we will have many release iterations. Best thing would still be if TW would actually allow mods to be set server side and then synced to a connection client. Obviously with all the security implications in mind, some sort of opt-in way would be the most convenient for mod developers, server owners and players.
That's a huge concern. IIRC, PK went through, what, 3 major updates? It was a hassle to re-download the mod, especially for players coming in after not playing a while. Hopefully something like the steam workshop where the mod is automatically updated when an update is put out would be nice.

ah damn of course, I haven't thought about the workshop. Yes sure, might even be our best bet for the start to go for workshop only as we can automate this quite easily on our side. Yep, good that you've said that (y)

I asked this before and idk if it got an answer as I usually ask many questions and some are less appealing to engage with than others ?

Was looking at the modding kit/scene editor with some NA mappers and we keep noticing a severe lack of enterable building props, those that don’t need to be entered by a teleport door such as the full keep in PW, or houses. Do you guys plan on creating some for the mod? It’s been quite difficult for the three of us who are making maps to build a lively inner castle. One workaround is small towers that you can manipulate a little based on the angle but that’s really not a good fix.

Btw, just noticed a pointless nitpick, but it should be “Why is there no news” rather than are on the original post.

Last edited:
That's exactly what I was thinking, which is why it was so strange that you have some 5 week timeline going in that meeting. Again you can just listen to it, we both hear the same things as we both speak English I assume. You said the server testing Taleworlds is doing will be 2 to 3 weeks from what the Devs you talk to say. Then you say the mod will be tested for 1 to 2 weeks, and then as you say, "basically we have the mod!"

That adds up to 5 weeks. I would just be careful talking about timelines and stuff as you have a large community that looks to you for news and updates for some reason, and you have no idea if what you're saying is remotely accurate, no one does. Taleworlds takes laughably long times to put anything out.

I will happily eat crow if for some reason 5 weeks from now we're all playing, as I'm looking forward to it as well obviously, but no reason to get everyone riled up for no reason.
Just for reference, during the meeting Roy was sharing a presentation on what his idea for the timeline would look like:
Seems more realistic to me, albeit maybe adding a bit of salt to that timelines because... ya know, taleworlds.

Back
Top Bottom