MP Native Kingdoms [Persistent Kingdoms Successor]

Users who are viewing this thread

With the announcement of the full release of Bannerlord in Q2 2022 (8-10 months from now), and their promise to release the private servers upon the release of the game, is this actually, finally some good news for Kingdoms? Could it possibly be the release date that we're all waiting for, and the ability to begin modding? Or am I just taking hopium?

With the announcement of the full release of Bannerlord in Q2 2022 (8-10 months from now), and their promise to release the private servers upon the release of the game, is this actually, finally some good news for Kingdoms? Could it possibly be the release date that we're all waiting for, and the ability to begin modding? Or am I just taking hopium?
Well, could be our start into development.

Sorry if it’s already been asked or answered, and perhaps this is a bit premature, but do you guys have any intention of hosting “official” servers at the start? Obviously I’m assuming you’ll release the source code to allow anyone to put up a server if they wish, but do you intend, at least while the mod is still new and fragile and needs to be tested, plan to have servers hosted by the devs? And, if so, do you plan to expand such to a North American server, similar to how Oasis and Phoenix ran theirs?

Sorry if it’s already been asked or answered, and perhaps this is a bit premature, but do you guys have any intention of hosting “official” servers at the start? Obviously I’m assuming you’ll release the source code to allow anyone to put up a server if they wish, but do you intend, at least while the mod is still new and fragile and needs to be tested, plan to have servers hosted by the devs? And, if so, do you plan to expand such to a North American server, similar to how Oasis and Phoenix ran theirs?
We'll surely have a public dev server which we use to test the newest mod versions. Since we wanna add an ingame bug report functionality(so no need to go onto a forum or something) that would go perfect together with the public dev server so we can quickly collect good amounts of feedback without extra overhead for the player.
However these are dev servers, so really only for testing I imagine. As mod development progresses, there might be savedata wipes and so on, so they won't be suited for actually playing the mod longterm I guess. And therefore please do not expect too much from these dev-servers. there won't really be an NA, SA etc. server.
But as you said, as soon as we are able to host our own first dev server(dependend on development progress), we'll release everything publicly so everyone can host their own servers. As said, the dev server really is only to test new features before they go onto a stable branch, not really for actualy playing the mod.

We'll surely have a public dev server which we use to test the newest mod versions. Since we wanna add an ingame bug report functionality(so no need to go onto a forum or something) that would go perfect together with the public dev server so we can quickly collect good amounts of feedback without extra overhead for the player.
However these are dev servers, so really only for testing I imagine. As mod development progresses, there might be savedata wipes and so on, so they won't be suited for actually playing the mod longterm I guess. And therefore please do not expect too much from these dev-servers. there won't really be an NA, SA etc. server.
But as you said, as soon as we are able to host our own first dev server(dependend on development progress), we'll release everything publicly so everyone can host their own servers. As said, the dev server really is only to test new features before they go onto a stable branch, not really for actualy playing the mod.
The in-game reporting, is this based on the mod itself, or your individual dev server? If it’s on the server only, it would be wise not to release the source code before people give it time to test. If you are talking about on the mod, that’s excellent, so that even later on, after the initial testing is done, people can still report bugs. I can think of a few issues though. People may use it for an admin chat, to report map bugs, etc. No matter how many disclaimers and information you put up there, people will still be confused, whether it’s a lack of understanding due to poor English comprehension or just not reading it and report junk like “I got rdmed admin help!!!”. The problem will be twofold: the devs get a ton of spam in the inbox, and the players problems will go unanswered, unless you are willing to forward all the info to the individual server owners, which seems like a huge waste of time and resources and probably impossible. Are there any planned safeguards against that?

The in-game reporting, is this based on the mod itself, or your individual dev server? If it’s on the server only, it would be wise not to release the source code before people give it time to test. If you are talking about on the mod, that’s excellent, so that even later on, after the initial testing is done, people can still report bugs. I can think of a few issues though. People may use it for an admin chat, to report map bugs, etc. No matter how many disclaimers and information you put up there, people will still be confused, whether it’s a lack of understanding due to poor English comprehension or just not reading it and report junk like “I got rdmed admin help!!!”. The problem will be twofold: the devs get a ton of spam in the inbox, and the players problems will go unanswered, unless you are willing to forward all the info to the individual server owners, which seems like a huge waste of time and resources and probably impossible. Are there any planned safeguards against that?
The reporting will be independent of the server, the feedback will be directly forwarded to us from the client, no matter who or where the server is hosted.
Good point for the confusion part. I would actually disable this feature by default. You'll have to actively enable the feedback option within the settings menu and only then you will see an option to give feedback within the ESC menu while in game/playing.

A client of mine has been working in the base game of Bannerlord on maps, particularly remakes of old PW/PK ones. He found, however, a few issues. He didn't see any prop like the arabian/arena ground (used in castles as a floor), nor a full keep, or any good walkable inner keeps. Assuming they aren't added to the base game by the devs, do you guys plan on creating props like these for the mod?

Last edited:
A friend of mine has been working in the base game of Bannerlord on maps, particularly remakes of old PW/PK ones. He found, however, a few issues. He didn't see any prop like the arabian/arena ground (used in castles as a floor), nor a full keep, or any good walkable inner keeps. Assuming they aren't added to the base game by the devs, do you guys plan on creating props like these for the mod?
+1, considering how much the game can handle compared to warband. Ontop of that is there any plans to communicate with mappers about props they wish to see in the game?

Of course i presume this would came later when a playable version of the game is ready and a few capable mappers have emerged from the community or even old ones.

+1, considering how much the game can handle compared to warband.
The big question about this is the server size/capability to hold. In Warband it was clearly 100-150 for viable play, 200-220 for playable lagfest; for Bannerlord it is not so certain, because those precious custom servers must be held back at all costs. Do we really know how big of a server people will be able to play on? That will determine that sort of thing; the full keep prop would be pretty compact on a 500-600 person server. Of course, you can have two or three of them connected, or multiple types of keeps connected to make more paths and such, but it would be cool to be in a massive, single keep with 7 or 8 different entryways, with hundreds of people attacking. So, that's probably something they'll have to figure out (based on raw stress tests) in order to determine how big/small the props need to be.

Good old times, looking forward to a new generation that's fresh and able to suffer.

Just Like Old Times

13433140_1679378852324414_2929964886213957071_o.png

Btw, another question. Idk if its been asked, but do you know if it is possible to give "ownership" of boats, or some type of keys? What I mean is, to give permissions to only certain people to be able to adjust the speed/direction of a boat, as it can get quite annoying when you are ferrying an army over, and then randomly some troll decides to make it go backwards. Is this something that could be done, and if so do you think its worth the time for coding it?

As a long time PW / PK player, it's sad to say, that the Battle servers / Custom Servers right now are nowhere near ready yet. I'm on an RTX 2070 SUPER and an i9-9900K and still get FPS drops with above 90 players. I reckon it's gonna take another few months for that to be fixed. So yeah, I doubt we'll see PW in 2022.

As a long time PW / PK player, it's sad to say, that the Battle servers / Custom Servers right now are nowhere near ready yet. I'm on an RTX 2070 SUPER and an i9-9900K and still get FPS drops with above 90 players. I reckon it's gonna take another few months for that to be fixed. So yeah, I doubt we'll see PW in 2022.
Did you expect development for the mod to take less than a year?

Did you expect development for the mod to take less than a year?
Roy had some community meeting where he alludes 5 weeks from now to late summer, so unfortunately a lot of people are going to be disappointed when that's not the case lol. Remember kids they don't do anything fast, so take whatever Roy said with a boulder of salt.

Back
Top Bottom