Why wouldn't developers officially integrate mods like Diplomacy, Fourberie etc. into the base game?

Users who are viewing this thread

epil

Recruit
As an optimistic supporter of this game's development process, I really wonder the answer of this question. This game famously lacks meaningful diplomatic relations, intrigue system etc. Most players including Youtube content creators, streamers, people in Steam & TW forums are complaining about lack of content in areas of diplomacy, alliances, criminal enterprises since start of early access. Especially lack of diplomacy makes late game unbearable and repetitive. But there is literally "zero" commentary from developers on that issue.

I posted a thread in suggestions for developers to consider integrating some mods to the base game but it didn't catch any attention by developers. What I mean is, there is literally Vanilla friendly, Quality of life mods that are developed by fans for free to improve Bannerlord in those areas.

For example Diplomacy mod excellently implemented Alliances, Non-Aggression pacts, Factions, Separatist Civil wars, Civil war to acquire throne, War exhaustion system etc. into the base game. These are the features which most people are expecting from day one.

Fourberie mod is adding extensive and in-depth criminal enterprise system, schemes, intrigue, assassinations into the game. You can literally build your criminal empire.

Improved Garrisons is a nice quality of life mod that adds management overhaul to the game, you can create parties to patrol areas, you can manage all your fiefs, you can recruit troops etc. This is also a mod that helps to make late game playable.

Life in Calradia is a new ambitious mod that aims to make early & mid game more alive and fun for the players. You can buy and upgrade houses & taverns etc.

Bannerlord has playerbase consisting millions of total players, yet these mods only reach to tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands at most. Most of the players would be very pleased if some of these mods actually end up integrated into base game, additional content would boost popularity of the game and increase the sales. There is no downsides, integrating mods like these would be only beneficial for the Taleworlds, Bannerlord and players who love Mount & Blade series.

In conclusion, I would really like to see Taleworlds cooperating with the skillful mod developers, integrating their mods to the base game when its convenient and supporting them for further development to make vanilla Bannerlord more amazing for the players in short period of time.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't developers officially integrate mods like Diplomacy, Fourberie etc. into the base game?
Yes, @Dejan, why wouldn't they? What prevents devs from doing this? Technical issues? Or the fact that the devs have to ask the modder's permission? Really interesting if it is difficult to integrate a mod and make it an official part of the game.

giphy.gif

I'll take a seat at the end of it all so you don't hear the popcorn crackling :lol:.

Yes, @Dejan, why wouldn't they? What prevents devs from doing this? Technical issues? Or the fact that the devs have to ask the modder's permission? Really interesting if it is difficult to integrate a mod and make it an official part of the game.
That's because they hate the concept of actually controlling your character and his/her acts. They run away from immersion, aka "micromanagement" word they made up to cover their incompetence.

In other words, they want this Fortnite brat who can't comprehend anything other than fast paced action games to buy the game too so that's why developers deliberately avoid everything that made Warband a legend

why integrate them when you can break them with your next patch?

I would guess its a question of overall code integrity / consistency .. and the introduction of new coding structures in mods affecting that.

That's what we've heard before from Taleworlds.

Last edited:
What makes you think they're not on it right now?
Oh, well, maybe they aren't tbh :roll:
Maybe the fact that they never ever tell us what are they working on currently and the best we can get (if we're VERY lucky) is "No patch this week, no ETA"?

Hm, also in Warband mods were the interesting stuff, but clear... made by modders. So why demand devs should mod or finally fix mods if they need still much development work for the foundation?
Momentary it seems bannerlord is not fitted in a stable version passioned modding is possible in a fine way because there is still to much work-in-progress.
Devs shall make bannerlord to a modders paradise :grin:
In Warband noone needed mods implemented to vanilla, why here? Only problem modders may not be forced to go away, they need from community but also from devs the support. Support from devs means a main programm modding is in a easy way possible but not working on mods themselves.
Mods will be everytime something special, additioned. Bannerlord as main product is not in the addition stage, to much constructions sites.

Just make sure someone makes mods to take the incorporated mods back out of the game.....and adds those mods to the game too.
why integrate them when you can break them with your next patch?
xAkY2.jpg
That's because they hate the concept of actually controlling your character and his/her acts.
Too bad they also hate the idea of making the NPC parties behave coherently! If I can't tell my clans to stop raiding the stuff we're about to own can they at least think of it themselves? "Oh look a new siege, one of us will get this land, lets's stop ****ing it up!"

If I can't tell my clans to stop raiding the stuff we're about to own can they at least think of it themselves? "Oh look a new siege, one of us will get this land, lets's stop ****ing it up!"
Well, they've implemented a feature where you can choose from "Defencive, Aggresive or Neutral" behaviours. But it doesn't really work. Every time I create a small party for patrolling around my territory, they get summoned to an army and getting rekt on the way to it by a 200-men looters party.

Integrating 10 best mods that we can think of would make this game too good, let's keep it the way it is, so we can continue our quarter year updates that we enjoy and praise so much that we get. (It's almost March everyone, a legend was almost born 2 Marches ago)

They seem overwhelmed to finish the stuff that they have planned, and I say planned in a very loose definition of the word. Adding mods to the base game would require looking at the code and "translating" it into their pattern (not necessarily better or worse) and it would require taking on the responsibility of keeping yet another part of the game balanced, working and interesting, which they don't seem all that capable of doing so far. Improvements and fixes would also fall into their schedule of patches.

In my opinion, entrusting TW with integrating mods into the game would be detrimental to players and modders.

Back
Top Bottom