Siege AI fixed next patch!!...Maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey y'all, I don't know if you guys look at the technical suggestions of the forum but it looks like all the AI issues with sieges have been resolved according to the community manager today. He said that they will be patched in the next development branch!

Look like sieges are back on the menu boys!!

Yep yep! Looking forward for the update. It'd be great if it's still within 1.6.5. Just so that I don't have to start a new campaign to enjoy it.

Hey y'all, I don't know if you guys look at the technical suggestions of the forum but it looks like all the AI issues with sieges have been resolved according to the community manager today. He said that they will be patched in the next development branch!

Look like sieges are back on the menu boys!!
A link maybe?
How is Battlefield btw?

(Edit)
Nvm I missed that post in 1.6.5 patch thread.

The first step on the road to disappointment is a silly thread like this that assumes maximum wish fulfillment.
If the CM says "I'm pregnant" that doesn't mean he'll birth 12 lovely babies at once. Better to assume that it will be one baby and it will be ugly.
Besides, where is the source of this pregnancy announcement? I can't find one.

Last edited:
Who cares, I already sieged the entire world. What I'm supposed to be excited to do it gain "But now they go up the ladders!". That's not even a good way to do the siege anyways. Either take down the walls or just rambo them all with the MC. A bad way to play the game gets a marginal improvement, oh woopty doo!

I'd be more excited if they made them actually starve fast when they're out of food or revised the character skill systems.

Who cares, I already sieged the entire world.
I don't even do sieges anymore. I just chop everyone's heads until their faction changes color. I even discovered an influence bug that basically gives me infinite influence to fix my relations with (will report it this weekend). Hell I don't even fight anymore. I autoresolve everything because autoresolve is not bonkers like it was in Warband. The game is actually really fun to play this way.

Still, it's good to hear that it's been fixed. If total conversion mods are finally out we can enjoy sieges in them. More gameplay options more good.

A bad way to play the game gets a marginal improvement, oh woopty doo!
A fixed and working (good) siege AI isn´t more than a marginal improvment? Would you have preffered another Battanian helmet? Improved apple textures?

We are not getting much with each update most of the time, so this is huge and was requested since the beginning of the EA (which is still a bad joke that they took 1,5 years for this fix).

A fixed and working (good) siege AI isn´t more than a marginal improvment? Would you have preffered another Battanian helmet? Improved apple textures?

We are not getting much with each update most of the time, so this is huge and was requested since the beginning of the EA (which is still a bad joke that they took 1,5 years for this fix).
Maybe it is not just a simple fix... But a complete overhaul of the current mechanics... Which could explain the 1,5 years needed to rework it (aside the Covid crisis, HR issues, etc...).
Anyway, I hope the AI will be good enough to provide a great siege experience.
I'd be more excited if they made them actually starve fast when they're out of food or revised the character skill systems.
Starvation definitely needs to be more impactful.

No matter how fun they make sieges, the game still expects you to do dozens or even hundreds of them in a single playthrough. As Grank said, the best most optimal and least frustrating way to play the game is to execute everyone. Making it more feasible to starve out or force surrender on defenders would make it less annoying when a 10-20 minute siege results in a city being recaptured or rebelling a few days later.

But at least it´s a valid speculation. What´s the other option? A bulk close because those threads hit a certain age threshold? :iamamoron:
My bet is on a minor/moderate fix and the rest of the problems are considered "we will never fix this so don't ask". :smile:
This is why you need a TW dev to explain what they did or Dejan with his Paint art.

Back
Top Bottom